VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : A BAD VIBE - Tracking Down & Fixing Driveshaft Vibrations

F

Fionayeti

You and that Overlander guy, real tough, swearing and cracking jokes. Yup, real tough guys. I knew guys like you in Afghanistan. A little heat starts - the threat lays a burst to test the strength and the guys like you, always the tough guys, were the first to hit the ground and hide behind anything they could. Pathetic.

WJCO

Meme King
You and that Overlander guy, real tough, swearing and cracking jokes. Yup, real tough guys. I knew guys like you in Afghanistan. A little heat starts - the threat lays a burst to test the strength and the guys like you, always the tough guys, were the first to hit the ground and hide behind anything they could. Pathetic.

Not everyone can be a badass like you. But hey, at least some of us can make it through a simple Jeep video and be happy the guy got his Jeep fixed rather than bringing up all kinds of nonsense. Sounds like whatever you were drinking in Afghanistan really fucked with your ability to reason and interpret a simple Jeep video.

Brute

Hooked

Ok...it just got weird. You’re not alone in your dark garage right now, sharpening your KBar....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you got your shafts figured out. Really cool your local shop is fast and good[emoji106]

Thank you. After seeing some of the comments come in, I guess I'm lucky to have a good local shop. Back when I was still in SoCal, there were 2 I would use any always had good results.

I don’t really understand the sensitivity and defensiveness a number of people exhibit for Adams. It’s just a driveshaft vendor. One person describes their bad experience with them and several people get all bunched up over it. Good grief.

LOL!! Kinda crazy isn't it? You would think I just trashed talked their mom or something. :crazyeyes:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I still haven’t heard you talk down Adams. You just shared an experience. In all likelihood, most of the shafts they build are great. It isn’t unheard of for a person to get a bad product, from a good company. Most likely, they would have made it right, but you did what was best for your situation. I don’t get why all these folks are getting their feelings hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I still haven’t heard you talk down Adams. You just shared an experience. In all likelihood, most of the shafts they build are great. It isn’t unheard of for a person to get a bad product, from a good company. Most likely, they would have made it right, but you did what was best for your situation. I don’t get why all these folks are getting their feelings hurt.

Thank you for that. If I could guess, a lot of these guys wouldn't even have a clue as to what a well balanced shaft would feel like. They all just assume they have the shit because of what they paid for. Me, I've been doing this long enough and spend enough time on the road to want to make it right. If I can be of help to others, my job is done.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Thank you for that. If I could guess, a lot of these guys wouldn't even have a clue as to what a well balanced shaft would feel like. They all just assume they have the shit because of what they paid for. Me, I've been doing this long enough and spend enough time on the road to want to make it right. If I can be of help to others, my job is done.

I have to say I assumed mine should be good because of reviews I’ve heard and such. I also put my driveshaft on before I regeared and didn’t feel any vibes until afterwards. Caster is good. Really hope the guy who did my gears didn’t mess something up. This video and thread resparked my determination to figure it out. Always learning. 🤙🏽

JBF

Great video.

I'm on my third adams' shaft in less than a year and the only reason why I kept giving them chances was becuase they're local to me. Needless to say, their QC has gone down and all they care about is pumping product out of the door. I'm going to another local shop to me and they're building me a set of 1350s for less than I paid for two 1310s from adams.

It's really a shame because they used to be the standard...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You were a cook in the army weren’t you? Couldn’t make it past high school and went for the only thing that would take you. I get, you live a shitty life and tried to hide behind the “military” thing. Funny how everyone I know who actually has seen a bullet pass by them never talks about it. In fact there are many here.

Anyway, in case it was missed, fuck off.

drrags

I went through the exact same scenario with my famous, name-brand, mail order drive shafts. And like you, Axle Driveline and Gear fixed 'em in one day turnaround. I'm happy that my oscillations disappeared, and yet annoyed that I was $200 deeper into those shafts. I learned my lesson and will have them build my next driveshafts.

Top Bottom