Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Motech LS Swap Gremlins

Fresh Catch
    What radiator are you using?

Been Around the Block Bierpower's Avatar
    That must be a newer Jeep thing because I pulled the old pedal out of my 07 and have had zero negative effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I actually didn't know the gas pedal was cut and a new one was placed next to it. I know it sounds stupid, but I am waaaaay to OCD for that shit. Seriously, that is the kind of detail that would make me go with a Hemi even if it weighed more and didn't have as much aftermarket support.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two RockinAZJK's Avatar
    I actually didn't know the gas pedal was cut and a new one was placed next to it. I know it sounds stupid, but I am waaaaay to OCD for that shit. Seriously, that is the kind of detail that would make me go with a Hemi even if it weighed more and didn't have as much aftermarket support.
    I agree. Donít know if I that route is really in the cards for me, but I certainly couldnít do all of that if the stock pedal is a stub under there. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bierpower View Post
    That must be a newer Jeep thing because I pulled the old pedal out of my 07 and have had zero negative effects.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinAZJK View Post
    I agree. Donít know if I that route is really in the cards for me, but I certainly couldnít do all of that if the stock pedal is a stub under there. Lol

Itís not necessary to keep it in. Iíve pulled it and only plug it back in when the oil change needs to be reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Itís not necessary to keep it in. Iíve pulled it and only plug it back in when the oil change needs to be reset.

You'd figure a programmer could reset that vs. plugging the pedal back in.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    What Bubba said ^^^^ Your winch is blocking too much of your grill. I know it'd be a pain but remove it just for a test and you'll see that you get lower numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Yeah I would get a bumper thatíll allow the winch to sit lower. I program the fans here to run at 40% at 203-206 because we have decent humidity and temps in the summer are normally around 100. Itís nearly impossible to control the engine temperature in that type of environment without turning up the fan. Try adding Water Wetter or an equivalent. They have it at Autozone. It MIGHT help.

Sounds like Iíll be ordering the PS Bruiser bumper. I was hoping not to have to re-do the front end but whatever it takes at this point.

I finally got a hold of Robbie today (about 20 seconds before driving the damn thing off a cliff). He thinks there may be an air bubble in the radiator which is very possible. The first run I did when I got it back, I overheated and it spit coolant everywhere. I never filled it back to the point of bubbling over while the engine is running and then filling the bottle (which apparently is very important). Iím going to give that a try in the morning.

I do think the t-stat could be bad as well.

Last thing Iím going to try is an updated tune from John at Overland. Just had someone overnight my auto cal tuner and laptop to Moab. The only thing I forgot to bring.

Sorry to hear about your issues. Hopefully they can get ironed out! Given the troubles you have had would you still recommend them for a V8 swap? It appears that their customer support is top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by SLO View Post
    Sounds like Iíll be ordering the PS Bruiser bumper. I was hoping not to have to re-do the front end but whatever it takes at this point.

I finally got a hold of Robbie today (about 20 seconds before driving the damn thing off a cliff). He thinks there may be an air bubble in the radiator which is very possible. The first run I did when I got it back, I overheated and it spit coolant everywhere. I never filled it back to the point of bubbling over while the engine is running and then filling the bottle (which apparently is very important). Iím going to give that a try in the morning.

I do think the t-stat could be bad as well.

Last thing Iím going to try is an updated tune from John at Overland. Just had someone overnight my auto cal tuner and laptop to Moab. The only thing I forgot to bring.
    Yep, never leave for a trip without your programming tools! Iíve mad adjustments to mine while on Imogene Pass. Didnít work because the shitty Pentastar fan shit the bed but at least I had the capability.

The thermostat is an easy fix on the truck motors. If you want to be sure theres no air in the system, pull the steam line off the radiator and hold it up while someone else fills the radiator. This allows air BEHIND the thermostat to get all the way out. Youíll also need to hold your finger over the hole on the radiator where you pulled the steam line off. Also be sure to push down on the upper radiator hose after this step. It tends to sit higher than the fill neck of the radiator and trap air.

I am kind of on the same boat on this one, it's just that 8L90 that keeps me on the fence on this when the time comes.

I actually didn't know the gas pedal was cut and a new one was placed next to it. I know it sounds stupid, but I am waaaaay too OCD for that shit. Seriously, that is the kind of detail that would make me go with a Hemi even if it weighed more and didn't have as much aftermarket support.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgelrod View Post
    I am kind of on the same boat on this one, it's just that 8L90 that keeps me on the fence on this when the time comes.
    Iím super anal about things like that but having the cut pedal didnít bother me one bit.

I do wish, however, that i would have gone with a Gen V with the 8L90. That engine is just a whole other level and the 8-speed transmission would be REALLY nice. We have a 2016 Escalade with the Gen V LT and 8L90 and I just bought my wife a JL. 8 speed is where itís at. Makes the 6L80 and Gen IV seem so antiquated.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast