Motech LS Swap Gremlins

SLO

The comment is based on a depth of experience in installing GM engines in JK’s, and knowing what a good swap looks like compared to a shit swap. For example, you just said the fix is to pull the cluster and remove the “dinger”. While I have had to do this before, I think it’s bullshit and hardly what I call a clean swap.

How long has your swap been completed? How many miles have you put on it? Have you driven it across the country without any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

^^ This ^^

Cheeseburger

I can’t believe I have offended people by adding my personal experience that is relevant to a thread.

I have no dog in this battle other than I disagree with the comment that it’s better off keeping stock drivetrain vs gen v.

I didn’t cut the stock pedal, I just didn’t reinstall it.

Not sure why the RPM Extreme kit would have trouble with the DTD? Where does it interfere?

If you don’t want input, fine. I’ll step out. Of you want first hand experience, I’ll answer questions.

SLO

1,000 miles? I’d drive it a bit more before you start claiming it’s that great of a swap. I’m sure it’ll work out great for you though.

Totally agreed with Bubba here. I drove my LS swap 1,000 miles and had no issues until I drove from Oregon to Utah and started making my way up mountain passes at 70 mph in 100° weather. Just an example of how important it is to drive under various conditions.

Got most of it sorted out now thanks to John at Overland Performance. Tuning is so critical and makes all the difference.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I can’t believe I have offended people by adding my personal experience that is relevant to a thread.

I have no dog in this battle other than I disagree with the comment that it’s better off keeping stock drivetrain vs gen v.

Not sure why the RPM Extreme kit would have trouble with the DTD? Where does it interfere?

If you don’t want input, fine. I’ll step out. Of you want first hand experience, I’ll answer questions.

You have four posts in being here for a year. Why should anyone value your opinion?

RCVRY

You’ve shared no experience, only opinion.
Pull your dinger out and stick it in your tailpipe.
To put it plainly: Go fuck yourself.

Cheeseburger

I do appreciate a lot of info I got from this forum, I was trying to give back a little. Sorry it wasn’t well received. The experience I was trying to get across is that although there are little details with the gen v swap (and likely any swap) I think the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks.

I wasn’t being critical of other contributors, just trying to add something to this thread, since I have gone through the swap first hand.

I read all about the swaps before I did one and I continue to read about them afterwards so I can help and continue to learn.

Now, I will take my dinger and go fuck myself. Enjoy your angry eyes grill!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I do appreciate a lot of info I got from this forum, I was trying to give back a little. Sorry it wasn’t well received. The experience I was trying to get across is that although there are little details with the gen v swap (and likely any swap) I think the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks.

I wasn’t being critical of other contributors, just trying to add something to this thread, since I have gone through the swap first hand.

I read all about the swaps before I did one and I continue to read about them afterwards so I can help and continue to learn.

Now, I will take my dinger and go fuck myself. Enjoy your angry eyes grill!

Why are you so butthurt? You can saw your opinion and people can question it or disagree. Who gives a fuck? Don’t be a bitch.

WJCO

Meme King
If I spent the time and/or money on a JK V8 swap, I'd want it as close to perfect as possible. And I'd struggle a little too admitting the kit has faults after spending that kind of time and money.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Overland Performance. It’s still Motech but they are basically a middle man that has refined the kit and customer service 1000%. If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t be doing LS swaps at all.

I thought for some reason you were doing Burnsville or whatever they are now. Not sure where I heard that. Might have been on the Internet so maybe it’s true.

Exodus 4x4

You’re right.

I did put a legit question on what’s the problem with RPM Extreme and DTD?

Does it somehow interfere with the shock towers?

The up-travel on the DTD is so much so that it hits the ac compressor. They use all GM accessories which puts the ac compressor too low.

Look, don’t get bound up over opinions. Just be careful making claims that the LT swap is good to go, until you really put some miles on it. I swap engines for a living and I’m not touching that swap for a reason.

Top Bottom