Motech LS Swap Gremlins

uberc4

I looked at this again, I thought I had the stop ring up higher than I do and I was mistaken about it doing nothing because the spring rates are the same. Stop ring is only about an inch above the slider so that’s definitely contributing to a harsh ride.

Yes, I suggest raising the timing ring up some more. Where you have it now will cause both spring rates to activate giving the harsh ride. Hopefully that helps some!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Trail JK

That's pretty much my point. I do like to see different views and build ideas. I think occasionally people that may have good experience (or bad) get blasted and run off when they finally have something of value to say. It's like who can be the biggest dick head first and lead the charge on blasting the new guy because he/she doesn't fit in to the cookie cutter mold of how to build a Wayalife Jeep. So yeah I've been around here long enough to know I can fuck right off if I don't like it but I've also been around long enough to say hey shut the fuck up I want to hear if this guy really knows what he's talking about or not. I usually try to find a more polite way to do it but you decided to call me out on it so there you go.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well, we can see the cookie cutter asshole mold is fitting you nice and snug tonight. Would you look at that a superhero cape too! 🦸*♂️

Ironic

A.J.

A name caller who wants to call someone out for name calling. Definitely needs to fuck off.

You know it's funny. I have commented/ tried to help you out on several of your posts. Broken d30 pics, unit bearings/ front end problems both fairly recent ones I can recall. One time you decided to give me some crap so I give it back and now you're all up in arms. Interesting.

USMC Wrangler

You know it's funny. I have commented/ tried to help you out on several of your posts. Broken d30 pics, unit bearings/ front end problems both fairly recent ones I can recall. One time you decided to give me some crap so I give it back and now you're all up in arms. Interesting.

So you’ve been enjoying this place and even been helpful. Then you shit all over it because your feelings got hurt over the “troll police”. Interesting

A.J.

I'm terrible at multiple quotes and such but am interested in all opinions and build experience. Good bad or otherwise. Once you get through defending yourself from the troll police it would be great if you could take some time to post up your build as things go along. Exodus is highly respected here and from what I can tell for good reason. You seem to have your head screwed on pretty straight and others may benefit from your experience as well. At the very least you seem to have actual experience as opposed to others who tend to just regurgitate information they read somewhere else. Keep it coming.

Ha! Troll police. Who’s trolling now? You’ve been around long enough to know if you don’t like it, you know what to do.

That's pretty much my point. I do like to see different views and build ideas. I think occasionally people that may have good experience (or bad) get blasted and run off when they finally have something of value to say. It's like who can be the biggest dick head first and lead the charge on blasting the new guy because he/she doesn't fit in to the cookie cutter mold of how to build a Wayalife Jeep. So yeah I've been around here long enough to know I can fuck right off if I don't like it but I've also been around long enough to say hey shut the fuck up I want to hear if this guy really knows what he's talking about or not. I usually try to find a more polite way to do it but you decided to call me out on it so there you go.

No you shit on me and then I shit on you. I don't know why you took my comment so personally it was not directed at you. I was just trying to let the guy know that at least someone was interested in what he was saying. All good though. I finally learned how to do the multiple quote thing so...Thanks!

USMC Wrangler

Just to be clear, the Readers Digest version.

You posted this...

Once you get through defending yourself from the troll police...

I responded with this...

Ha! Troll police. Who’s trolling now? You’ve been around long enough to know if you don’t like it, you know what to do.

Your apparent passive aggressive response to me with plenty of name calling and fuck offs...

It's like who can be the biggest dick head first and lead the charge on blasting the new guy because he/she doesn't fit in to the cookie cutter mold of how to build a Wayalife Jeep. So yeah I've been around here long enough to know I can fuck right off if I don't like it but I've also been around long enough to say hey shut the fuck up I want to hear if this guy really knows what he's talking about or not.

I return the favor...

Perfect! So fuck off. I’m not sorry I hurt your little feelings. Bitch.

I usually try to find a more polite way to do it but you decided to call me out on it so there you go.

Oh yes, Mr. Polite, who fired the fuck off shots. [emoji849]

It was meant to be but not directed at you personally. My apologies.

So the “Wayalife Jeep” comment was directed at who then? Seems to me everyone on Wayalife is who that is directed at. Or was it another passive aggressive attempt at another shot at me?

No you shit on me and then I shit on you. I don't know why you took my comment so personally it was not directed at you..

Maybe in your world. Seems to me you shit on the members that keep the trolls at bay with your first comment above. I’m not defending myself. I’m defending this community I enjoy immensely.

A.J.

Nope I just returned fire on you. The “troll police” are necessary and most of the time spot on. Sometimes it goes to far and good information gets lost in the fray. The cookie cutter “Wayalife Jeep” is a great well put together rig in my opinion but there are always new ideas and Improvements that can be made. Hearing and seeing new ideas is all I was talking about. They might turn out to be mistakes. They might be the next great idea. Either way it’s worth hearing about. At least to me. Anyway this is going nowhere. Say whatever helps you feel good about yourself. You’re obviously too stubborn to see it the way it was intended. Oh and thanks again for the multiple quote lessons. You’re way better at it than I am. I still have to quote the entire post not just the parts that shade the message the way you want it to. You win.

USMC Wrangler

Nope I just returned fire on you. The “troll police” are necessary and most of the time spot on. Sometimes it goes to far and good information gets lost in the fray. The cookie cutter “Wayalife Jeep” is a great well put together rig in my opinion but there are always new ideas and Improvements that can be made. Hearing and seeing new ideas is all I was talking about. They might turn out to be mistakes. They might be the next great idea. Either way it’s worth hearing about. At least to me. Anyway this is going nowhere. Say whatever helps you feel good about yourself. You’re obviously too stubborn to see it the way it was intended. Oh and thanks again for the multiple quote lessons. You’re way better at it than I am. I still have to quote the entire post not just the parts that shade the message the way you want it to. You win.

Blah, blah, blah. Nice back peddle.

I quoted your giant post this time so you can try to figure out what part I’m talking about.

SLO

Guys, don’t stop your fun on my account but I’m still having issues and I’m hoping someone with a 6.2L (maybe Eddie or Bubba) can chime in.

In addition to the overheating issues, I have been feeling like the Jeep was underpowered since I got it back from Motech. I added 40’s and tons at the same time so I thought it could just be because of the additional weight but it drives like the 3.6L did with 37’s and a lot of axle armor (trusses, gussets, etc). I had Overland send me a tuner and it definitely helped pedal response but still feels sluggish on any sort of incline.

It was when I was doing the obstacle in the picture below on Poison Spider that really made me think there was an issue. I had it in 4H and had the gas all the way floored in 1st gear and it wasn’t moving an inch. I backed up and switched to 4L and it crawled right up. If I’m being a whiny bitch, feel free to call me out but I never had any of this happen with the 3.6L. Just trying to asses how much to lean on getting things resolved...if there is even a power issue.

IMG_0905.jpg

JKbrick

Guys, don’t stop your fun on my account but I’m still having issues and I’m hoping someone with a 6.2L (maybe Eddie or Bubba) can chime in.

In addition to the overheating issues, I have been feeling like the Jeep was underpowered since I got it back from Motech. I added 40’s and tons at the same time so I thought it could just be because of the additional weight but it drives like the 3.6L did with 37’s and a lot of axle armor (trusses, gussets, etc). I had Overland send me a tuner and it definitely helped pedal response but still feels sluggish on any sort of incline.

It was when I was doing the obstacle in the picture below on Poison Spider that really made me think there was an issue. I had it in 4H and had the gas all the way floored in 1st gear and it wasn’t moving an inch. I backed up and switched to 4L and it crawled right up. If I’m being a whiny bitch, feel free to call me out but I never had any of this happen with the 3.6L. Just trying to asses how much to lean on getting things resolved...if there is even a power issue.

View attachment 329944

I have no clue honestly but if I had an LS I’d be upset if it wouldn’t go up that floored and not smoking the tires?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Maybe it's because I'm a mall crawler but I would not have been climbing something like that in 4H.

Tell you one thing, trying to do all that stuff in 4H ain't gonna help to keep your engine or transmission cool.

MOTECH

I actually didn't know the gas pedal was cut and a new one was placed next to it. I know it sounds stupid, but I am waaaaay too OCD for that shit. Seriously, that is the kind of detail that would make me go with a Hemi even if it weighed more and didn't have as much aftermarket support.

We have an update coming out that eliminates the redundant pedal and adds other functionality like adjustable traction control.

You have a heavy black JKU on 40's, one tons, at high altitude; the grille has inserts in the openings and the winch is not sunk.

The tune has been modded so the fan is driven into a diagnostic mode by riders- trans temperature, IAT, AC pressure... if the fan is driven over 90% it slows down.

We had to learn the hard way this lesson and spent many hours refining the tune. Large tires are hard on cooling especially when the grill is blocked because it can easily overdrive the fan. The fan should never slow down if it does the tune is wrong. Most tuners wind up the fan trying to get the temps down not realizing the end result.

SLO

I have no clue honestly but if I had an LS I’d be upset if it wouldn’t go up that floored and not smoking the tires?

That was my question...why weren’t the tires at least chirping?

Maybe it's because I'm a mall crawler but I would not have been climbing something like that in 4H.

Tell you one thing, trying to do all that stuff in 4H ain't gonna help to keep your engine or transmission cool.

I hear you but I never had any issues with heat on any trails. I never got above 219° on the trails, even with some big climbs. It’s always on the freeway at speeds over 55mph going up a steep grade.

I had it in 4L for almost the whole trail. This was right after the dirt/sand road and just didn’t think I’d have to drop back to 4L for this. Maybe this mall was too much for it.

Aside from whether I should have been in 4H or 4L to begin with, in your opinion is that strange that the tires didn’t at least chirp under full load? Only asking because Moby is so similar in specs.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King

^This is where I would start. And I don't even climb shit like this.

SLO

^This is where I would start. And I don't even climb shit like this.

Maybe I underestimated how much traction there is on slickrock. At least I know the axles and drive shaft are solid under the additional power.

Cheeseburger

Yeaa! Back to tech!

Tell me more about your drivetrain. 6.2, I imagine 6l80 transmission. What axles and ratios?

There’s no circumstance that I could see for it to be ok that you’re not lighting up those tires in 1st in 4H. If you feel that you’re underpowered you either have way too tall of a gear or something is wrong. Are you sure the computer is reading 100% throttle with the pedal down? Maybe you need to recalibrate the pedal? Are you sure it’s starting off in 1st gear? I think the autocal can monitor this.

Mine (L86/8L90/60’s with 5.36) will light the tires up in 4H 1st gear. There’s no chance of full throttle and tires not turning.

I would not hesitate to try that obstacle in 4H.

Top Bottom