Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Motech LS Swap Gremlins

Fresh Catch
    As I said, I just completed mine. Thereís maybe 1,000 miles on it. I will agree that itís not refined and there are some quirks but I would classify them as minor. Anyone that thinks they can swap any engine into a car that it didnít originally come in will be refined and completely trouble free has another thing coming. But I completely disagree with your statement of youíre better off not doing it.

I had difficulties with the install and preliminary tuning, running. But I now have a Jeep thatís a blast to drive, has tons of power and gives me the driving experience Iím looking for. If you canít handle a swap because you have to remove the chime, then swaps arenít for you and likely any modified vehicles are not for you.

Pulling the dinger is not an elegant solution, but should not be the deciding factor on weather or not you would do an ls/lt swap. If you canít handle the thought of that, then absolutely stick with the 3.6.

I hope I donít have any major issues, but so far it is working well.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    The comment is based on a depth of experience in installing GM engines in JKís, and knowing what a good swap looks like compared to a shit swap. For example, you just said the fix is to pull the cluster and remove the ďdingerĒ. While I have had to do this before, I think itís bullshit and hardly what I call a clean swap.

How long has your swap been completed? How many miles have you put on it? Have you driven it across the country without any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

How long has the Gen V swap been out? The first video I saw on youtube was dated in 2016. You would think all the kinks have been worked out by now? Also, I saw RPM Extreme was starting to do Gen V swaps as well.

From my understand I can only go with Motech due to having the DTD. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseburger View Post
    As I said, I just completed mine. Thereís maybe 1,000 miles on it. I will agree that itís not refined and there are some quirks but I would classify them as minor. Anyone that thinks they can swap any engine into a car that it didnít originally come in will be refined and completely trouble free has another thing coming. But I completely disagree with your statement of youíre better off not doing it.

I had difficulties with the install and preliminary tuning, running. But I now have a Jeep thatís a blast to drive, has tons of power and gives me the driving experience Iím looking for. If you canít handle a swap because you have to remove the chime, then swaps arenít for you and likely any modified vehicles are not for you.

Pulling the dinger is not an elegant solution, but should not be the deciding factor on weather or not you would do an ls/lt swap. If you canít handle the thought of that, then absolutely stick with the 3.6.

Can you tell me more about your swap? You definitely sound smarter than Exodus Jeeps. I doubt Exodus Jeeps has even done a single engine swap like you have. Thanks!
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Sorry cheeseburger not in paradise, but I disagree with you.

Pulling chimes, cutting pedals to install secondary pedals, using blocks to hold pedal levers in position to avoid more errors...all of that shit is a no go for me if Iím spending $20k +/- for a swap.

If all I wanted was power Iíd just yank out all of the Jeep guts and install something completely standalone.

For the kind of money involved, I expect some level of refinement or Iíd just build a buggy.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by uberc4 View Post
    How long has the Gen V swap been out? The first video I saw on youtube was dated in 2016. You would think all the kinks have been worked out by now? Also, I saw RPM Extreme was starting to do Gen V swaps as well.

From my understand I can only go with Motech due to having the DTD. Is that correct?

Correct

Keep your dinger in your pants. Youíre embarrassing yourself new guy.

How about a greeting so we know who you are? Whether your opinions are warranted?

Otherwise suck a bag of dingers. Iíd imagine you could use Bubbas help to refine your swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post

Pulling chimes, cutting pedals to install secondary pedals, using blocks to hold pedal levers in position to avoid more errors...all of that shit is a no go for me if Iím spending $20k +/- for a swap.

If all I wanted was power Iíd just yank out all of the Jeep guts and install something completely standalone.

For the kind of money involved, I expect some level of refinement or Iíd just build a buggy.
    Correct, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post

Agreed.

No fucken way my ocd would allow it.
    en hopup veritas

1,000 miles? Iíd drive it a bit more before you start claiming itís that great of a swap. Iím sure itíll work out great for you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    1,000 miles? Iíd drive it a bit more before you start claiming itís that great of a swap. Iím sure itíll work out great for you though.

Whoís kit are you using now for swaps?

RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37Ē Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5Ē Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR