VIDEO : GOLD DUST Part 2 - NITTO JKX / Rockin the Rubicon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Day 2 of the Nitto JK-Experience presented by KMC Wheels would start yet again in Carson City, Nevada but it would soon take us down to the south, through the Carson Valley and then up into the Sierra Nevada Mountains. While Mel did take us on a round about scenic route just to throw us off, it became pretty clear that the trail we were going to be running was none other than the world famous, Rubicon! In Part 2 of GOLD DUST, you'll get to see us putting our Jeep JK Wranglers to the test and work around a broken Steer Smarts Yeti drag link before camping out at Rubicon Springs. We hope you enjoy seeing Moby, PSC Motorsports, Synergy, Exodus Jeeps, Smokin Dave's BBQ, Casey Currie and all the other JK's doing what they were made to do.

This video was independently filmed, edited and produced by Cindy and Eddie Oh of WAYALIFE. The opinions and actions of the individuals featured are in no way affiliated with or attributable to Nitto Tire, KMC Wheels, Off Road Evolution or any of the JK-Experience sponsors.

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like a chance at WINNING a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do take a guess as to how long Part 3 will be and post up your answer here. The person who gets the closest will WIN. Good luck to you!

IMG_3903.jpg

UPDATE: And the person who came the closest to the actual time of Part 3 is...

Awesome video! It really is a bucket list trail for most people and Deff on mine!

Guessing 37:52 for the next one.

Congratulations my friend! :thumb:

TrailHunter

Hooked
So Awesome!!! I want to run this trail so Bad!... This is my favorite Rubicon video thus far. Nice job you two!! :2thumbsup:

38:17

MericaMade

Great video!!! 45 minutes felt like 10. What brand fenders is the grey and teal Currie jeep running?

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I’ll be watching either tonight or tomorrow when I get up at 3am!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks for sharing the trip. Brought me back to the 2016 Rockin Rubicon Run and though it's been 3 years now it was like yesterday. Still waiting for the video..hint ...hint...haha. I really need to get out there again. Especially after getting the 37's on and see how much a difference it'll make over the 35's. Can't wait for the next installment.

Exodus 4x4

Man these videos are killing me! Such an awesome trip and you guys do such a good job of bringing me right back to it. Hard to believe how much ground we covered in such a short time!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Awesome video. Looks like a damn fun time. Hope to run that trail someday. That drag link end stud break :eek: Don't think I've ever seen a break like that in all my years working on Jeeps.

benatc1

Hooked
Awesome video! Looks like a great day out there! Seems like you guys really did maybe some great time for such a large group. While our day trip a few days after was awesome, definitely love those camping nights at Rubicon springs! Thanks for sharing, looking fwd to Cadillac hill and the rest of the trip!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So Awesome!!! I want to run this trail so Bad!... This is my favorite Rubicon video thus far. Nice job you two!! :2thumbsup:

38:17

So glad to hear you enjoyed this video more than others and I hope when you do get to run the Rubicon, it'll be with us :)

Great video!!! 45 minutes felt like 10. What brand fenders is the grey and teal Currie jeep running?

We're flattered to hear you say as much and so glad that you enjoyed our video. Not sure what the fenders were but they looked like Nemesis to me. Maybe MCE.

I’ll be watching either tonight or tomorrow when I get up at 3am!!

Hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to watch it :)

Thanks for sharing the trip. Brought me back to the 2016 Rockin Rubicon Run and though it's been 3 years now it was like yesterday. Still waiting for the video..hint ...hint...haha. I really need to get out there again. Especially after getting the 37's on and see how much a difference it'll make over the 35's. Can't wait for the next installment.

LOL - would love nothing more than to revisit some of our older videos. Need to make time for them.

That was a great Vid!!

Thank you :)

Perfect in every way. Cindy and Moby are a special pair to watch. Clearly he’s her favorite. Great homework before our trip out next week. Can’t wait to see part 3 that I suspect will come in at 51:22

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The rubicon is the iconic trail! Amazing video as always!

It is the grandaddy of all trails for a reason.
Glad you enjoyed the video :)

Man these videos are killing me! Such an awesome trip and you guys do such a good job of bringing me right back to it. Hard to believe how much ground we covered in such a short time!

Thanks Bubba. Had a great time wheeling with you and hope to do it again soon. :yup:

Awesome video. Looks like a damn fun time. Hope to run that trail someday. That drag link end stud break :eek: Don't think I've ever seen a break like that in all my years working on Jeeps.

It really is funny how so many fanboys out there church up SteerSmarts as being so big and beefy and I suppose parts of them are but their tie-rod ends are puny and definitely the weak link. Of course, replacements cost about the same as a brand new drag link or tie-rod. :naw:

Awesome video! Looks like a great day out there! Seems like you guys really did maybe some great time for such a large group. While our day trip a few days after was awesome, definitely love those camping nights at Rubicon springs! Thanks for sharing, looking fwd to Cadillac hill and the rest of the trip!

The camping out at the Springs is always the stuff of good times. So hope we can do this run with you and Alex again soon.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Perfect in every way. Cindy and Moby are a special pair to watch. Clearly he’s her favorite. Great homework before our trip out next week. Can’t wait to see part 3 that I suspect will come in at 51:22

Oh yeah, the two were made for each other. :crazyeyes:
Hope you have a great time out there.

Bear_JT

Hooked
That was really a great video! I felt like a kid in a candy shop watching it. I really like the shots you guys were getting of Moby and the others. It felt like I was standing right there with you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom