Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : GOLD DUST Part 4 - NITTO JKX / Road to Reward Mine & Cerro Gordo

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Ha! Great video...I feel your pain when an electrical gremlin screws up your trip...
    LOL - guess you would be one to know

Quote Originally Posted by firejeeper View Post
    Finally got caught up. Awesome video as always. My favorite area to explore. Bummer about the breakdown but cool you figured it out. Thanks for making these. Glad there is another one coming. I’m going with 34:00.
    It really is a beautiful area for sure. Maybe one of my favorites in California.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Dang such a bummer with the engine issues and I feel for ya getting towed out. I have been there done that when I hydro locked my 08 it was about a 15 mile tow pretty much all steep down hill stopping every few minutes to let the brakes cool and went through a whole case of water trying to cool them down to make it out. I actually at one point had to rear end my buddy because I couldn't stop and he used his brakes to stop me my rotors glowing hot. Not to mention turning 37s with no ability to turn the engine on for a min to get steering down the switch backs. Not a fun experience.
    Yeah, it really wasn't any fun. What sucked is that our engine still ran, albeit in limp mode but without a fan and in triple digit heat, we would have overheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Graywolf View Post
    What a great Video, Glad Mobly was an easy fix. It seems over the years I have been wheeling, I have learned that when shit goes south, to check grounds and fuses first. But again a great trip so far, and I'm guessing 38:28 for part 5
    Yeah, those were all things we had checked and more than once with more than one pair of eyes. At the time, all checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazbyt View Post
    And yet another awesome video. Does hydro assist steering make it any harder to steer with no power?

44:32
    Nope, made no real difference. 40" tires, now they make a BIG difference

Fresh Catch
    Last video was intense, those poor brakes. Imma go with 42:36

Awesome addition to the series! Sorry moby had some trouble... we all CLEARLY saw you and Mel check the fuses first, good on Bubba for the double check

32:30

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by RulyBear View Post
    Last video was intense, those poor brakes. Imma go with 42:36
    LOL - yeah, them brakes weren't too happy

Quote Originally Posted by DWiggles View Post
    Awesome addition to the series! Sorry moby had some trouble... we all CLEARLY saw you and Mel check the fuses first, good on Bubba for the double check

32:30
    Trouble happens - just happened to happen to us this time around.

No power steering on 40’s and frying the brakes isn’t extreme off road, but it’s plenty hairy. This was a different take on the JKX. Jeeps have had breakdowns but we’ve never ridden along with the rescued. Loved it.
    Embrace the Recoil!

Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    No power steering on 40’s and frying the brakes isn’t extreme off road, but it’s plenty hairy. This was a different take on the JKX. Jeeps have had breakdowns but we’ve never ridden along with the rescued. Loved it.
    LOL - didn't think of it like that but I'm glad we could take you along for the rescue

Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    That’s a good way of putting it. Should retitle the thread.

JKX “Like Never Seen Before”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    That’s a good way of putting it. Should retitle the thread.

JKX “Like Never Seen Before”

LOL - Damn, that's kind of catchy

Fresh Catch
    Excellent video, Eddie! As an amateur photographer, i am consistently impressed by the shots you and Cindy get in these videos. You guys have amazing cinematography skills! Love the footage inside the dark mine and how you include the non-wheeling moments for the complete experience.

Was wondering why you guys couldnt find the blown fuse in the field. Looks like Mel even used a continuity tester, so it should have been pretty easy to find unless you didnt test all the fuses or were overlooking something. Just seems like there might be a best practice learning here for future reference.

Great video!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast