Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Steering wheel wobble sometimes full on death wobble 19 JLUR

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Honestly, it's everyone. Mel has it, Doubletapdaddy has it, you have it and now that it's been getting really cold out, we seem to have it again too. I just picked up a Synergy track bar frame mount brace to see if that'll help things out.
    What are you having it on? JL With the PR44 up front? Are you PSC on that rig? I canít keep up with your builds. You have so many now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Not "living" but "loving" life always!

Quote Originally Posted by bkac View Post
    I have a 3.5” RK with 3/4” daystar isolators. All new control arms and trackbars. I’ve had someone tell me that the drop brackets really help with this issue and also going longarm. I’m down for trying anything but don’t want to keep throwing wasted money and no fixes. I was told the arms really like being flat on the JL idk just grasping for answers.

Doubletapdaddy and Wayoflife are already running long arms and I would assume Mel is as well.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

On the JL. I thought I had licked this problem but yesterday, I took my JL out to run some errands and had DW. Granted, it's the first time the temps have been down in the 30's in quite some time. Not sure why cold seems to make such a difference but it does. I've been hearing from lots of JL owners who have the same problem too.
    Thatís exactly what Iím experiencing. It happened on those cold morning in Maine but once the temps warmed up it drove like a tight race car. Then sat and sun it was 25 out. It drove great the first 30 mins of coming out of a 60 degree garage then once it sat outside and got cold while running errands it started again. So strange. Is it the steering pressure from the box? Iím honest just thinking out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Doubletapdaddy and Wayoflife are already running long arms and I would assume Mel is as well.
    Yeah and still having issues. Man itís like itís the frame moving or the steering box and pump pressures. Is anyone having it with a PSC setup? That would eliminate the steering pump and box.

I have long arms installed and have a PR44. I should note that the problem started BEFORE we got the PR44 installed and I thought I was able to mitigate it through the use of a Rancho track bar and Synergy tie-rod and drag link. The fact that it's come back made me think that it's gotta be the ball joints being that Dynatrac recycled the ones from our factory axle. We now have over 40k on them.

What Durham said and or installing a ram assist will address the wobble but like you said, it would only be masking whatever is the real culprit. For now, my next move will be to brace the track bar frame mount and if that doesn't work, replace the ball joints.

Thatís exactly what Iím experiencing. It happened on those cold morning in Maine but once the temps warmed up it drove like a tight race car. Then sat and sun it was 25 out. It drove great the first 30 mins of coming out of a 60 degree garage then once it sat outside and got cold while running errands it started again. So strange. Is it the steering pressure from the box? Iím honest just thinking out loud.
    I have always wondered about the electric steering box. I'm running a PSC on my JT right now and think that the steering feel is a lot better than it was bone stock.

I have long arms installed and have a PR44. I should note that the problem started BEFORE we got the PR44 installed and I thought I was able to mitigate it through the use of a Rancho track bar and Synergy tie-rod and drag link. The fact that it's come back made me think that it's gotta be the ball joints being that Dynatrac recycled the ones from our factory axle. We now have over 40k on them.

What Durham said and or installing a ram assist will address the wobble but like you said, it would only be masking whatever is the real culprit. For now, my next move will be to brace the track bar frame mount and if that doesn't work, replace the ball joints.
    Well I was ready to just replace the front axle but that doesnít sound like it fixes it. I really want cast knuckles again Does Synergy make a draglink flip kit? I could have sworn I saw one on a certain jeep. I wonder if that would help.

Yes Iím selling it, I thought I had it fixed with the new steering box but it happened again yesterday. Thatís another reason Iím trying to get to the bottom of it. It just started getting cold again and itís now happening more often.

Man, that's a bummer. Hope you get it figured out. I'm feeling pretty lucky I've not had that on my JL.
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

I have always wondered about the electric steering box. I'm running a PSC on my JT right now and think that the steering feel is a lot better than it was bone stock.
    Yeah I moved your JT 50 ft and that steering was so nice even in that short distance. I might call Tom and hear his thoughts on just a big bore box on the JL. We gotta get to the bottom on this. Itís so frustrating and glad we can all work together towards a solution. Everything was amazing then one day it all went sideways. Watch it end up being the weaker frame and larger tires. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Man, that's a bummer. Hope you get it figured out. I'm feeling pretty lucky I've not had that on my JL.
    How many miles are you at? Thanks me too.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast