Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Steering wheel wobble sometimes full on death wobble 19 JLUR

Quote Originally Posted by bkac View Post
    Well I was ready to just replace the front axle but that doesnít sound like it fixes it. I really want cast knuckles again Does Synergy make a draglink flip kit? I could have sworn I saw one on a certain jeep. I wonder if that would help.
    Well, to be clear, the PR44 reuses the factory aluminum knuckles so that may still be the problem. However, Mel is running UD60's with cast knuckles and still has the problem. He does NOT have a ram assist though so it could still be the OE pump.

Yeah I moved your JT 50 ft and that steering was so nice even in that short distance. I might call Tom and hear his thoughts on just a big bore box on the JL. We gotta get to the bottom on this. Itís so frustrating and glad we can all work together towards a solution. Everything was amazing then one day it all went sideways. Watch it end up being the weaker frame and larger tires. Ugh
    So... when did you install your Patagonia's? Not trying to blame them but Mel has had several customers who've had balance related DW issues and was able to get it under control just by installing a different set of tires. Just a thought.

Oh, and I'm glad that you got a chance to drive my JT. Me telling you how nice it steers isn't the same thing as having you feel it for yourself. The 3,000 mile drive out, all the wheeling we did and then the 3,000 mile drive back was super nice.

Steering wheel wobble sometimes full on death wobble 19 JLUR

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    So... when did you install your Patagonia's? Not trying to blame them but Mel has had several customers who've had balance related DW issues and was able to get it under control just by installing a different set of tires. Just a thought.
    10k miles ago. I know youíre not pointing at them but good thought. I swapped them with a buddies 37s before the trip for a week and I still had the same issues. I do have the best two up front lol. I donít have any steering shimmy when just driving normally when itís not happening. Yeah, I was referring to Melís rig on the cast knuckles and agree with you on the aluminum knuckles that might be the cause too. We are slowly getting to the final few things left. I really donít want to go hydro which I know would mask it, but Iím not against trying the big bore with the manual psc pump.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Last edited by bkac; 10-28-2019 at 06:42 PM.
    Not "living" but "loving" life always!

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Oh, and I'm glad that you got a chance to drive my JT. Me telling you how nice it steers isn't the same thing as having you feel it for yourself. The 3,000 mile drive out, all the wheeling we did and then the 3,000 mile drive back was super nice.
    I wasnít expecting it to be that easy Aired down on 40s after being used to mine. I got a big smile on my face for the 30 seconds I was in it.

Man I definitely donít want to go to the dual stabilizer bandaid lol

Please no!
    Adjustments.jpg

10k miles ago. I know youíre not pointing at them but good thought. I swapped them with a buddies 37s before the trip for a week and I still had the same issues. I do have the best two up front lol. I donít have any steering shimmy when just driving normally when itís not happening. Yeah, I was referring to Melís rig on the cast knuckles and agree with you on the aluminum knuckles that might be the cause too. We are slowly getting to the final few things left. I really donít want to go hydro which I know would mask it, but Iím not against trying the big bore with the manual psc pump.
    Okay, just thought I'd put it out there. Again, a part of me is really starting to suspect the problem might have to do with the electric pump. Seems crazy I know but the fact that the wobble goes away when it's warm out just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, why would a loose or worn out component care what the temps are.

I wasnít expecting it to be that easy Aired down on 40s after being used to mine. I got a big smile on my face for the 30 seconds I was in it.
    Oh yeah, I think we pretty much ran the first part of the week at 18 psi and then the later part of the week at 14 and then less after that. Even on pavement and parking at hotels, we still were able to steer with ease.

Please no!
    Adjustments.jpg

LOL - well, you could always toe out. That's what I always do for an emergency fix but it'll wear your tires out in a super hurry.

Please no!
    52364590_2112918052121072_5987634931218513920_n.jpg...........
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast