Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Steering wheel wobble sometimes full on death wobble 19 JLUR

On a somewhat related side-note to this thread. I've been shopping, casually, for a Ram 3500, dually. Having difficulty finding a used one, (hard to find with low miles) I started just looking at new ones. Even Ram trucks are proclaiming a new, thinner, lighter frame under these Heavy Duty, commercial rated trucks.
    With all I've read here, I think I will wait and see if they start breaking or having any other problems.

I don't know why they always try to fix what ain't broke...

Kuboske.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuboske View Post
    On a somewhat related side-note to this thread. I've been shopping, casually, for a Ram 3500, dually. Having difficulty finding a used one, (hard to find with low miles) I started just looking at new ones. Even Ram trucks are proclaiming a new, thinner, lighter frame under these Heavy Duty, commercial rated trucks.
    With all I've read here, I think I will wait and see if they start breaking or having any other problems.

I don't know why they always try to fix what ain't broke...

Kuboske.
    They are "fixing" as a result of the government mandated fuel economy rules.
    Everything has to get lighter to make it, but with all of the added parts to comply with the safety rules, the reduction has to come from somewhere, or more like a little from everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    They are "fixing" as a result of the government mandated fuel economy rules.
    Everything has to get lighter to make it, but with all of the added parts to comply with the safety rules, the reduction has to come from somewhere, or more like a little from everywhere.
    Leave it to the Government... I would rather they go with aluminum body panels like Ford did, than lighten up a 3500's frame.
    Guess I'll keep looking for that elusive creampuff, low mileage, used camper puller.

Kuboske.

Knows a Thing or Two ScoobyCarolanNC's Avatar
    Its very worth noting that the steering gear box is on its 5th redesign.... I have a very early build and developed a 1" deadspot in my steering. I called Jeep wave and I danced the dance with the dealer. I paid $80 for a front end alignment that fixed nothing and then Jeep Wave told them to swap my steering box. When I got home I looked up the part number from my paperwork and saw this.
    ScreenShot 2019-11-18 at 1.47.15 PM.jpg

Now, I'm not running 35s or anything huge, just 33s, but that box was like magic to me and she's still driving pretty damn straight. I think its worth looking at who's got what part numbers. Oh, the one they replaced was the AB version.
    Last edited by ScoobyCarolanNC; 11-18-2019 at 06:57 PM. Reason: added my old part number

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyCarolanNC View Post
    Its very worth noting that the steering gear box is on its 5th redesign.... I have a very early build and developed a 1" deadspot in my steering. I called Jeep wave and I danced the dance with the dealer. I paid $80 for a front end alignment that fixed nothing and then Jeep Wave told them to swap my steering box. When I got home I looked up the part number from my paperwork and saw this.

Now, I'm not running 35s or anything huge, just 33s, but that box was like magic to me and she's still driving pretty damn straight. I think its worth looking at who's got what part numbers. Oh, the one they replaced was the AB version.
    Any lift on yours?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Wow... 5th steering box redesign on a vehicle introduced in late 2017. I think I would shake up the engineering staff.

Fresh Catch

Another death wobble question

So my wife has an 18 JL we bough new a couple months ago. Everything was great for about a month then the death wobble started. The Jeep is mechanically stock. Only things weíve done is side steps, headlights, and a few other aesthetic add ons. The Jeep is a base model 4 door with the basic steel wheels and skinny Michelinís. We are making an appointment with the dealership tomorrow to see about getting it fixed. My question is if it comes down to it and after several attempts they are not able to fix it does the death wobble fall under the lemon law?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37Ē Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5Ē Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40Ē Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by Jk Jeep Geek View Post
    So my wife has an 18 JL we bough new a couple months ago. Everything was great for about a month then the death wobble started. The Jeep is mechanically stock. Only things weíve done is side steps, headlights, and a few other aesthetic add ons. The Jeep is a base model 4 door with the basic steel wheels and skinny Michelinís. We are making an appointment with the dealership tomorrow to see about getting it fixed. My question is if it comes down to it and after several attempts they are not able to fix it does the death wobble fall under the lemon law?

Merged here. You're not alone. With that being said, in your glove box should be a brochure in regards to your rights as a consumer. And obviously if you're still not sure, consult an automotive attorney.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Merged here. You're not alone. With that being said, in your glove box should be a brochure in regards to your rights as a consumer. And obviously if you're still not sure, consult an automotive attorney.
    I know Iím by far not alone. Itís just everything Iíve seen so far on here is people with lifted or running bigger tires trying to mod the jeeps themselves to fix it. Only 4K miles on ours and have not seen anything about dealers solving the problem or anyone getting them to take it back under the Lemmon law.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast