Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 37s on a Gladiator Rubicon with 6spd manual

37s on a Gladiator Rubicon with 6spd manual

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with how a Gladiator Rubicon with the 6spd manual and 4.10 rears handles 37s? I have a JKU with the 6spd and the manual always seemed more forgiving then the auto with larger tires but recently was told by someone that the new 6spd is geared differently. That because of those changes it would be miserable with the 37s. I would likely regear in the future but was hoping that the 4.10s of the Rubicon and peppier 3.6L would buy me some time.
    '08 Sahara JKU
    5.5" Rock Krawler lift with 2.0 reservoir shocks
    37" Cooper Discoverer STT tires
    OrFab front and rear bumpers with Teraflex HD hinge and tire carrier
    4.88 gears, ARB air lockers, ARB diff covers, onboard air, Rubicon transfer case

I would HIGHLY recommend AGAINST a manual on a JT if you're planning on running larger tires. Unlike the JK before, there's a whole process you need to do just to get the computer to recognize them and not give you any errors. While it will feel similar to a JK, it won't have the awesome power that you will feel with an 8-speed automatic. You literally will not need to regear with the auto if you have 4.10 gears.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I would HIGHLY recommend AGAINST a manual on a JT if you're planning on running larger tires. Unlike the JK before, there's a whole process you need to do just to get the computer to recognize them and not give you any errors. While it will feel similar to a JK, it won't have the awesome power that you will feel with an 8-speed automatic. You literally will not need to regear with the auto if you have 4.10 gears.

Wow...okay. Not sure if I can update my order as I already ordered it but when I last checked status it was still waiting to be scheduled for build. I'll see if I can update or change that.
    '08 Sahara JKU
    4.88 gears, ARB air lockers, ARB diff covers, onboard air, Rubicon transfer case

Quote Originally Posted by bonedoc View Post
    I'm curious if anyone has any experience with how a Gladiator Rubicon with the 6spd manual and 4.10 rears handles 37s? I have a JKU with the 6spd and the manual always seemed more forgiving then the auto with larger tires but recently was told by someone that the new 6spd is geared differently. That because of those changes it would be miserable with the 37s. I would likely regear in the future but was hoping that the 4.10s of the Rubicon and peppier 3.6L would buy me some time.
    I've got no experience with the manual nor 37s on the JT, but I have the automatic with 4.10s and can't say enough good things about it. There's no way I'd go to a manual after experiencing this new powertrain.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by bonedoc View Post
    Wow...okay. Not sure if I can update my order as I already ordered it but when I last checked status it was still waiting to be scheduled for build. I'll see if I can update or change that.
    I doubt it but check with your salesman as well as Jeep Chat. Pretty sure you'll have to pay more for the automatic as well.

For Jeep Chat, click the link below, then click the Live Chat link:

https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/...-contact-Jeep2
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I doubt it but check with your salesman as well as Jeep Chat. Pretty sure you'll have to pay more for the automatic as well.

For Jeep Chat, click the link below, then click the Live Chat link:

https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/...-contact-Jeep2
    I know it will cost more. really enjoy the manual but want performance as well. Just confirmed through chat that my ordercan still be updated at this point. Have to call the dealership.
    '08 Sahara JKU

Okay...waiting to hear back from the dealership. Chat said it should be updatable since the vehicle is not even scheduled yet to be built. Contacted the dealership and gave them all the info. They are going to call Jeep asap to get it updated. They said they will call me once they know. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hoping I caught this in time.
    '08 Sahara JKU

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a manual guy. Grew up driving them and they're what I know how to wheel best. That being said, there's just no comparison to the all new 8-speed auto. It really is that much better or at least, in terms of power. You'll make up the money difference just by not needing to regear.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a manual guy. Grew up driving them and they're what I know how to wheel best. That being said, there's just no comparison to the all new 8-speed auto. It really is that much better or at least, in terms of power. You'll make up the money difference just by not needing to regear.
    Thank you very much for your insight. I never even gave it a second thought. Figured...okay. My 6spd in my JKU has been great. Would go that route. Especially since I love having a manual and prefer that. All parties involved here sound very confident that the change could be done with no issues. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    '08 Sahara JKU

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    I want to drive both of these and see the difference side by side. If it’s as awesome as everyone says it is the manual is going to be a thing of the past in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast