Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JL vs Cheap new 2018 JK

JL vs Cheap new 2018 JK

Went to the dealer the other day to look for a new 2020 JL. He has 3, 2018 brand new JK's for sale at $10,999 off MSRP. Are the new JL's worth the extra money or should I consider a cheaper new JK?

Quote Originally Posted by justin mazzon View Post
    Went to the dealer the other day to look for a new 2020 JL. He has 3, 2018 brand new JK's for sale at $10,999 off MSRP. Are the new JL's worth the extra money or should I consider a cheaper new JK?
    Have you driven a JL so you can compare the two? The 8 speed auto completely changes how the 3.6 in the JL performs. Driving the JL shows how aged the JK's are now. They're basically a 13 year old design with some tweaks. $11k off of a JK isn't anything to sneeze at though.

Honestly, if the JK's are anything other than Rubicons, I'd probably opt for the JL
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Have you driven a JL so you can compare the two? The 8 speed auto completely changes how the 3.6 in the JL performs. Driving the JL shows how aged the JK's are now. They're basically a 13 year old design with some tweaks. $11k off of a JK isn't anything to sneeze at though.

Honestly, if the JK's are anything other than Rubicons, I'd probably opt for the JL
    Thanks D- The JK's are Rubicons which makes my decision harder. Appreciate your input.

Quote Originally Posted by justin mazzon View Post
    Have you driven a JL Automatic yet like Ddays asked? I think it will change the way you look at things.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

I know if I had drove a JL first, I would have probably not bought my JK

I wouldnt even look at MSRP. Go for invoice, better yet if you have treadlightly you can get 1% below invoice.

JL’s are apparently more capable than the JK platform. It would be nice to have that 8 speed!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JL is to a JK is like a JK is to a TJ. it’s that much different imo.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I would take a Rubi JK over a Sport JL but if its a Rubi for Rubi I would go JL.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I bought a 2017 JKU in 2018, they discounted it about that much. I regret not going with a JL after the fact, but they didn't have any JLs on the lot that were optioned the way I wanted. And I needed a new car, the transmission was going out on my old POS ford.

Edit: I still love my jeep, don't get me wrong. But I should have just waited or ordered a JL that I wanted. Won't really matter in 10 years when I do a ls swap though!

Quote Originally Posted by Primo82 View Post
    I bought a 2017 JKU in 2018, they discounted it about that much. I regret not going with a JL after the fact, but they didn't have any JLs on the lot that were optioned the way I wanted. And I needed a new car, the transmission was going out on my old POS ford.

Edit: I still love my jeep, don't get me wrong. But I should have just waited or ordered a JL that I wanted. Won't really matter in 10 years when I do a ls swap though!
    They won’t have the kinks worked out yet in 10 years

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast