JL vs Cheap new 2018 JK

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
One other factor to consider is that the aftermarket for the jk is ramping down as manufacturers move to JL parts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ramping down like not making parts? I don’t think that is true at all really. Ramping down as in developing new parts, that happened years ago. What else could people make?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrailHunter

Hooked
Even though it’s looks are not as refined & bold.. I love my JKUR... Like a fat kid loves cake. Wish I had that JL transmission though. I didn’t have a choice in 2017... If I had to make that decision today: JL. But you really can’t go wrong either way.

gatorator

My JLUR drives like a dream, Alpine audio is like a concert hall, Dog loves the heated seats (me too). Has handled snow, washboard roads and mud and clay fine so far. Quiet inside (hard top), Getting about 18 mpg so far, 2500 miles therabouts so far. No issues noticed, steers great. :blush: love KERMIT.

Had the JLUR chosen for me due to my comments about them leading up to my friend getting it for me for XMAS, though I had been looking at the JT Gladiator, I couldn't pull the trigger on trim or color, hesitated due to some issues the JT is having ... whereas all I read about the JLUR was they'd nearly solved most of the old issues and had produced a fantastic platform to begin making me an offroad overlander, nimble, capable and eye catching. O, yeah it will also hold it's value a LONG LONG time and my heir will appreciate that fact.

The one thing I DID NOT want.. I didn't get... the Adaptive Cruise control thing. Ewww to that system, when (not if ) I have to replace the front window, less cost and hassle involved.

Also,,,Mel (EVO) Dave (Synergy) and Eddie (Wayalife) secretly prefer their Four door non-JT's for capability. (or I've foolishly convinced myself of that) and that makes the JLUR perfect for me perhaps a JL will work for you too.

(Disclaimer-I never considered a JK)

My wife, yesterday took a 2020 JL for a test drive. She liked if but thought the steering was a little wishy-washy compared to our JK. I have heard some people are having problems. Do you guys think this is a big problem? I'm working the next few days so won't be able to take a drive until late next week. Thanks for the input so far.

WJCO

Meme King
My wife, yesterday took a 2020 JL for a test drive. She liked if but thought the steering was a little wishy-washy compared to our JK. I have heard some people are having problems. Do you guys think this is a big problem? I'm working the next few days so won't be able to take a drive until late next week. Thanks for the input so far.

Drive another JL to compare it to. I've heard of some people having issues and some not having any. With that being said, the new JL steering is electric and not hydraulic so it may feel different. Our Gladiator feels different but not in a bad way. we've gotten used to it.

Drive another JL to compare it to. I've heard of some people having issues and some not having any. With that being said, the new JL steering is electric and not hydraulic so it may feel different. Our Gladiator feels different but not in a bad way. we've gotten used to it.

Thanks, great point!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Check the TPMS on the one you test drive. I can almost guarantee you that the tires are set at 40 psi or more. As the dealership to lower the psi to something more reasonable like 30-35 and you'll feel a world of difference.

Check the TPMS on the one you test drive. I can almost guarantee you that the tires are set at 40 psi or more. As the dealership to lower the psi to something more reasonable like 30-35 and you'll feel a world of difference.

Anyone have any thoughts why jeep would over inflate there tires. What does the door panel say about recommended tire pressure?

I said yes to a free alignment from like big o or some shit, after the body shop did a bunch of collision work on my jku and it drove and steered terribly. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong and then I checked my tire presssure. 60 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

cpefy3

If it was me, the only way I would go with a JK is if I was looking specifically for manual transmission. If this is the case, I think the JK might be the way to go since you will also have the front Dana 44 without the FAD and leaves more cash for building. Good Luck!!

Top Bottom