Just because you can't make it...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of weeks back, we headed up to the Sierra's to do some exploring and along the way, we came across a section of trail blocked by the following Land Rover...

IMG_4635.jpg

Apparently, the driver decided that the snow drift ahead was impassible and so, he turned his rig around, parked it there and hiked the rest of the way to a nearby lake on foot. After scoping things out, it became clear to me that the route would take some work but, was totally doable IF the stupid Land Rover weren't in the way. Sure, I could probably try and work my way around him but, would most likely slide into him in the process. Sure, I could of winched him out of the way too but, I didn't want to be a jerk like him. If you haven't figured it out by now, the moral of the story is, just because you can't make it doesn't mean that other wouldn't be able to. If you're gonna leave your rig behind, please show a little courtesy and pull your rig out of the way.

Sorry for the rant. :sigh:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
You are a better man than I. I would have "relocated" his LR free of charge. What an inconsiderate prick move he made blocking the trail.

i would of left the yuppie a nice note saying what a jackass they were, and told them where they could buy a real off road vehicle...
you know a JK. just sayin

bholder817

Hey I got use my winch this last summer! Somebody decided to drive a Honda Accord down Dishpan just outside Lake Arrowhead! Looks like the oil pan and transmission pan did not want them to make it all the way down. They just left it with the hazard lights on.... Lots of good that did. So I had to pull it up and out of the way some my rig could keep going! It was the first time I had to us my winch. I was pretty stoked!

Now for that Land Rover, well I might have not been so nice.:idontknow:

SDG

Caught the Bug
Common courtesy really isnt all that common, but then again neither is common sense.

If I had to guess I would venture to say he is one of the typical bay area pricks that venture up to "get away from their hecktick city life" but they bring their asshole attitude and persona with them. When I was going to college in norcal I would go up to Tahoe weekly to go snowboarding and try to do my good deed by pulling someone out who slid off the road (and most of the time they fell into the above category, land rover, navigator, escalade). The one time I was unlucky enough to bury my truck in a snowbank going around a corner in a blizzard I sat out trying to flag people down to pull me out and 4x after 4x just drove by. Luckily eventually a kid my age stopped by and was nice enough to take the 2 min to give me a tug and break the suction.

BlackKnight

Typical Arrogant/Ignorant Yuppie... must be like the same JackA$$es I get out here that "drive" in the 3rd lanes of the highway, being passed on the right in both lanes, and refuse to leave the outside because it's their right to be there and drive 60. Even though it's a law that it's passing only. The second biggest problem we have with them is the cops won't pull them over, but they will chase down the ones passing on the inside...

Last edited:

HoosierWolf

He deserved at least a note pointing out how inconsiderate he was to have needlessly blocked a trail so he ruined the chance for others to use the trail.

Sadly it is entirely possible and probably even likely that it didn't even occur to him that someone else would want through. People can be really oblivious about the effects of their actions.

Now if he does it again..and you know he's just being a tool....it's winch time.:brows:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I was just about to really go off :furious3::cussing:, but then I remembered :thinking: what they were driving (LR) :cheesy:

jhires

I did something like this when I was 16. Inexperience. When you are out in a remote area it is easy to assume that no one else will be coming by. Someone was nice enough to leave a note on my car nicely educating me what I should have done. (yes it really was nice, not rude at all). Haven't blocked a trail or gate since.

Usually most people just need a reminder that they are not really the only people who use the area and they still need to be considerate. And possibly save them from someone who would not think twice about dragging their rig out of the way possibly damaging it.

Rccrwlr

I think Someone should add a title to this pick about how they parked like they had their head...
ta5evugy.jpg

Really I just like to post this pic any chance I can

I need to add a LOL also right?

Sent via Snow Flake in California

David1tontj

A couple of weeks back, we headed up to the Sierra's to do some exploring and along the way, we came across a section of trail blocked by the following Land Rover...

View attachment 31225

Apparently, the driver decided that the snow drift ahead was impassible and so, he turned his rig around, parked it there and hiked the rest of the way to a nearby lake on foot. After scoping things out, it became clear to me that the route would take some work but, was totally doable IF the stupid Land Rover weren't in the way. Sure, I could probably try and work my way around him but, would most likely slide into him in the process. Sure, I could of winched him out of the way too but, I didn't want to be a jerk like him. If you haven't figured it out by now, the moral of the story is, just because you can't make it doesn't mean that other wouldn't be able to. If you're gonna leave your rig behind, please show a little courtesy and pull your rig out of the way.

Sorry for the rant. :sigh:

With that many trees around I would have did whatever winching it took to get around him.... Just so he could see the tracks.. That's better than a note in my opinion!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Look closely on the Rover's dash and you can see the note he left for folks who came after him/her. You can barely make out the FU in capital letters. At least I think that's what it says!:naw:

Top Bottom