Thread: Possible public land closure 2 million acres of the Sierra Nevada

Possible public land closure 2 million acres of the Sierra Nevada

This is disturbing hopefully other counties stand up also.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service sent out a notice of intent to expand the closure of California’s forests. This addition spans 2 million acres, 14 counties, and 9 national forests along the eastern spine of California (see the map below). It is an area 30% larger than the state of Delaware. If transit corridors and buffer zones are added at a later date, the area could increase 10-fold. And this is only the start; there are 477 more species in the queue for consideration.

The Fresno county townhall:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...48572450,d.cGE

defend rural America.com:

http://www.defendruralamerica.com/DRA/FrogsToads.html

Impact map:
    http://www.defendruralamerica.com/fi...ndToadsMap.pdf

Caught the Bug
    All of that for some damn frogs? Btw, this is the equivalent of "oh shit, we fucked up!" and then walking away like nothing happened and hoping it'll just fix itself. Did these people ever learn that it never works like that when they were kids?
    2005 Wrangler Unlimited

OEF '11-'12
    King of Battle!

For a large number of the powerful and influential, the solution to every environmental problem is banning people. Except of course all the people making money by studying said problem...

Last edited by Mr.T; 07-01-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Re: Possible public land closure 2 million acres of the Sierra Nevada

Remember....vehicles are not allowed in wilderness areas. There are hundreds of trails that could be impacted. See map link above.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Im having trouble keeping up with all the proposed closures, restrictions, and "remodeling" of all these trails and "public land" that aint so public other than we pay for them and not get to enjoy them. BAN BAN BAN stuff like this is why NO ONE trusts the government and hates every single slimy piece of $#!+ politician alive! Enjoy spending my paycheck to stuff your pockets and restrict our access to the land we help pay for.
    2013 Dune JKU Rubicon <-- Build Thread

37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

***Buy Jeep parts Made in the U.S.A.!!!***

Back in Oct-Nov someone on this forum wrote, "First it happens in California and then it happens in Colorado." The Colorado Legislature is working on designating another 750,000 acres wilderness areas. Slam!! Door shut! In Cali I'd guess it's already a done deal. It just needs to go through the bureaucracy. Good luck. Sigh!
    The journey through life is long and rough, take plenty of beer.

Been Around the Block
    on going problem for a while. wish there were more people in these counties that speak up this sheriff
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_vUG...ature=youtu.be
    Built up WJ with rubicon stickers just trying to fit in