I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

sipafz

Caught the Bug
That's never easy! Pets are family! After some time passes, consider the rescue of a new family member!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dang! Can't catch a break!

After almost 14 years, our dachshund, Frankie, took his last ride to the veterinarian office yesterday. Losing my Mom a few months ago was devastating and it hurts almost as bad seeing the pain my wife and kids are going through right now. I'm not trying to compare the two as I recognize the difference.

Here's a pic of the wee guy when he was healthy and vibrant a few years back. He was using the kids frisbee as a pad to lay on! He was deeply loved even though he was a rascal and we miss him terribly! I haven't had to go through that with a pet since I was very young. It's not much better as a parent.

Thankfully, we have our standard poodle, Colt, to help reduce the sting of losing a family pet of so many years. Colt loves Spider! He keeps the Jeep from rolling away. That's what I said to him to get him to sit for this pic.

I really am sorry to hear about your loss. Probably the hardest thing about having a dog in the family is that they never seem to live long enough.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Dang! Can't catch a break!

After almost 14 years, our dachshund, Frankie, took his last ride to the veterinarian office yesterday. Losing my Mom a few months ago was devastating and it hurts almost as bad seeing the pain my wife and kids are going through right now. I'm not trying to compare the two as I recognize the difference.

Here's a pic of the wee guy when he was healthy and vibrant a few years back. He was using the kids frisbee as a pad to lay on! He was deeply loved even though he was a rascal and we miss him terribly! I haven't had to go through that with a pet since I was very young. It's not much better as a parent.

View attachment 254666

Thankfully, we have our standard poodle, Colt, to help reduce the sting of losing a family pet of so many years. Colt loves Spider! He keeps the Jeep from rolling away. That's what I said to him to get him to sit for this pic.

View attachment 254668

It's tough. You lose a faithful friend, that's been with you through good and bad times, for 14 years. In 2015, I had to put my Jack Russell down, at 15 years and 9 months. That last trip to the vet was very difficult, and truthfully, I still don't like to think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

That's never easy! Pets are family! After some time passes, consider the rescue of a new family member!

Yes they are. That's a definite possibility down the road.

Sorry to hear, man. Hang in there.

Thanks

Sorry for your loss. It's been a rough year for you. Hang in there.

Thanks, still marching on.

I really am sorry to hear about your loss. Probably the hardest thing about having a dog in the family is that they never seem to live long enough.

Definitely! Watching the kids reaction is the worst. I talked to them about an hour before we left to give them time to say goodbye.

It's tough. You lose a faithful friend, that's been with you through good and bad times, for 14 years. In 2015, I had to put my Jack Russell down, at 15 years and 9 months. That last trip to the vet was very difficult, and truthfully, I still don't like to think about it.

Sorry to hear about your Jack Russell. The past couple days reminded me of the two childhood dogs we had. No, it's not good memory at that time, but the fun memories are priceless.

Thanks everyone!

USMC Wrangler

Thanks again for everyone's comments regarding our family pet. It's still weird but getting through the first week is a good thing.

It's too windy here right now to get any metal working in, plus we've been under a red flag all week. There is a 40,000+ acre wild land fire burning northwest of us, manmade and from what I hear, a pure accident. I don't want to start another one, so table and rock sliders work is on hold.

I blew my 3rd (in a year) right front turn signal bulb last night. So it was time to try out the led signals I picked up awhile back. I installed the new ones, plugged them in and have zero hyper flash without the resistor.

These are the clear factory housing with yellow bulbs. It's been since installing those I've had the right front burning out.

IMG_3163.jpg

Here's the led version installed on the other side. They fit well and the pigtails plugged in without any problems. Forgive the bugs...

IMG_3162.jpg

They are a little darker than the Trucklites, but they look fine to me.

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

When we were out running errands today, my youngest son fell asleep and slumped over. That reminded me I have the rear seat recline kit in the garage too! With no power tools, it took me about an hour to gather the tools, install it and clean up.

Before...

IMG_3167.jpg

After...

IMG_3168.jpg

Overall, a productive afternoon.

WJCO

Meme King
Nice work. :thumb: Thanks for being considerate with the welding. Some dude started a massive fire recently while welding a horse trough on a red flag day.

IMG_20170429_072152_902.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks again for everyone's comments regarding our family pet. It's still weird but getting through the first week is a good thing.

It's too windy here right now to get any metal working in, plus we've been under a red flag all week. There is a 40,000+ acre wild land fire burning northwest of us, manmade and from what I hear, a pure accident. I don't want to start another one, so table and rock sliders work is on hold.

I blew my 3rd (in a year) right front turn signal bulb last night. So it was time to try out the led signals I picked up awhile back. I installed the new ones, plugged them in and have zero hyper flash without the resistor.

These are the clear factory housing with yellow bulbs. It's been since installing those I've had the right front burning out.

Here's the led version installed on the other side. They fit well and the pigtails plugged in without any problems. Forgive the bugs...

When we were out running errands today, my youngest son fell asleep and slumped over. That reminded me I have the rear seat recline kit in the garage too! With no power tools, it took me about an hour to gather the tools, install it and clean up.

Before...

After...

Good to see you working on the Jeep. The LED indicator lights look good too :thumb:

USMC Wrangler

I stopped in my local Discount Tire to get a quote on a different vehicle. One of the guys there remembered me and asked if I wanted a Nitto sticker. He handed me a small box and I didn't open it until I got home. It was a windshield sized sticker! [emoji44] My Last WAYALIFE banner didn't fair well with scrubbing off bugs after moving back to AZ. Since this was the right price, I figured it could be my test to see how long it lasts. If it's a decent amount of time, I'll replace it again with a WAL banner. It's a little tall, so I'm not sure if I like the look yet...

IMG_3239.jpg

After all of Napalm's posts about tube doors and good weather forecasted for the next week, I dug mine out too!

IMG_3237.jpg

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug

View attachment 255995

View attachment 255996

View attachment 255997

View attachment 255998

View attachment 255999

Before...

View attachment 256000

After...

View attachment 256001

What do you want for the clear turn signals?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

So the windshield banner is showing a ton of little bubbles today! [emoji44] There were none yesterday after installing. I'll see how long my mild OCD allows this to continue. I did try to run a credit card over them and only got a few out. [emoji19]

Top Bottom