I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

I found a good use for the hardtop table I started a long time ago!

IMG_3808.jpg

RH4X4 c-pillars will go in hopefully next week.

Speaking of the table, I no longer need it for the intended use of storing my hardtop. No, didn't sell it. My wife and I signed a contract last night to buy a house. We are very excited and the timing is perfect in many ways. The only picture really worth posting is...

IMG_3816.JPG

[emoji23][emoji23]

Lastly, I've been working on a trailer for a friend. He's going to use it to haul his kayaks to a small nearby lake.

This is after the original tongue was cutoff and I added a longer one...

IMG_3699.jpg

My friend will be doing all the paint prep/paint and enclosing it. I just finished it up about an hour ago. It was a good experience. I would like to make something similar to pull behind the Jeep one day.

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3815.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
That shop space looks awesome. As already stated, who gives a shit about the rest of the house.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Update from my last post. The c-pillar kit arrived today at the shop. I plan to pick it up next week when I'm nearby that shop.

My family and I spent the day out, seeing a movie, grabbing lunch then making the 12 mile round trip up Carr Canyon Road.

4.5 miles in we encounter a couple of gentlemen with a flat right front tire, with two sidewall cuts, facing uphill. The below picture doesn't do the slope justice. At first they just asked for a flashlight to see well enough to lower their spare. I was able to help get that down. They were insistent that they could handle the job from there and I'm stubborn sometimes. I stuck around to find out their factory jack was too tall due to the terrain. I was able to use my bottle jack on the frame just behind the front bumper to get enough clearance for the factory jack further back. The back tires were chocked with rocks but once that front end started coming up, the truck wanted to slide. I happily turned Spider around and used my winch for the first time, anchoring the F150 without an issue.

View attachment 262648

View attachment 262649

We got the tire changed without any further problems. The very thankful gentlemen decided that was enough for them, but we continued up to the top.

View attachment 262651

View attachment 262652

Spider doing a celebratory poser flex after using the winch for the first time...

View attachment 262654

View attachment 262655

Looking up towards Miller Peak

View attachment 262656

We love the fact this is so close to home and are always in awe of the view. There are plenty of switchbacks along this very mild dirt road. They really help everyone get a great view!

View attachment 262661

View attachment 262657

View attachment 262658

View attachment 262659

View attachment 262660

View attachment 262662

View attachment 262663

We managed to see a herd of deer and one bobcat. Unfortunately I wasn't fast enough to get photos of either.

I hope you enjoy the pics as much as we did taking them!

Looks like a beautiful drive.

USMC Wrangler

When I got home from work a couple nights ago, I found these waiting for me.

IMG_4006.jpg

My awesome wife found them at our local Hobby Lobby. Apparently they were 50% off. I think they'll look great in the new garage!

USMC Wrangler

Looks like a beautiful drive.

It is! We love that this drive is so close to home.

Good work!

Thanks!

Nice. Time for a garage build thread.

Ha ha! It will definitely be an upgrade from what I've had. I foresee adding a good sized shed to keep my garage more organized than ever.

Cool signs.

I was told there were so many to choose from, that even with the discount, a chunk of change could've been dropped.

Need to make a trip to hobby lobby. Asap!

Ha ha! Good luck!

USMC Wrangler

I have the day off work today and set aside time to install the RH4x4 C-pillar kit.

This is how far I've gotten...

IMG_4046.jpg

...because of this. [emoji30]

IMG_4047.jpg

Also, I can't get my seemingly average sized hands between the hardtop and roll bar to unzip the padding. For those that aren't sure, the zipper starts somewhere around the B pillar/soundbar. So I'm waiting out the storm so I can at least loosen my hardtop to get enough room to unzip the padding. Oh! I did chase the threads already.

USMC Wrangler

Rock Hard 4x4 C-Pillar Kit Installed

After the storm passed, I ended up unbolting the hardtop completely and lifting it a little. Either my hands are much larger than I realize or the folks at RH4x4 have little girl hands! :cheesy: I'm only joking, Jason! I'm sure you guys are very manly! :rock: I did talk to Jason on the phone and he said they haven't run into a problem. No big deal, but I wasted about 30 minutes trying without lifting the top.

IMG_4048[1].jpg

IMG_4049[1].jpg

The kit indicates it includes a 2" button head bolt that is to be installed in the top, front hole on each side. What was in my kit was a 2 1/4" hex head with threads going only half the length. There was absolutely no way this bolt would fasten anything in this kit. It also indicated that all the nuts should've been nylock nuts. They were not. So a trip to Home Depot was required to remedy all of this.

Once I got back it went together pretty well. I opted to mount under the carpet for a cleaner look and to insert the bolts through the outside wheel well. All of this added time to the install. I took my sweet time so it was right the first time. I'd say this would definitely be a lot easier with the top off completely, but it's doable with it on.

I hit these with some black VHT, but here are the button head bolts from the outside.

PS - I can't seem to get two photos rotated correctly. Use your imagination!!! :bleh:

IMG_4053.JPG

IMG_4054.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

IMG_4058[1].jpg

View attachment 271103

IMG_4061[1].jpg

IMG_4059[1].jpg

Overall, I'm very happy with the product. I don't regret getting them for the safety aspect. I hope I never get to test them out!

Last edited:
Top Bottom