I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

Looks good. One of many items I would like to install.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! No complaints!

Here are some updates...

Pulled the Rubi body mounted rock sliders in preparation for a new project. It looks weird to me and I'll be painting the bottom of the pinch seam black. I might even close up the holes down there with the welder. I forgot how unfinished it looks to me without the rails installed.

IMG_4246.jpg

I'm making some sliders out of 1.75" DOM that I've had for a few months now. I wasted about 3 hours cutting and making templates and several hours more trying to find a new way. My goal is to make something different than what's out there. What I'm finding is that task is difficult. It wouldn't be in my nature to "steal" from someone. I've even worried that my project would be misunderstood in that way. It's not my goal. Anyway, I have one side kinda tacked up and did some mock up.

I did find out my cheap Harbor Freight bender doesn't work so well on DOM.

IMG_4227.jpg

Definitely no bending and all crushing. Back to the drawing board. Speaking of which, here's one of my drawing boards...

IMG_4225.jpg

I think I like the look of the higher angle but my wife is interested in the lower angle. I might try something in between. Here's where it stands...

IMG_4240.jpg

IMG_4241.jpg

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

As I was removing the Rubi rails I noticed a wet spot on the EVO Protek trans skid. When I went to investigate I indeed found a leak. It looks like it is coming from the top, rear of the motor. (New thread started in the tech section and more examination to follow.)

IMG_4239.jpg

The Protek system has been great. I banged up the cross member skid pretty good so far but no obvious hits on the oil pan or transmission skids. So my next discovery was stunning. The two tabs where the oil and trans skids connect are broken. I've sent a message to EVO just in case they are still under some sort of warranty over two years later. Again, not complaining about the skids at all. I'm so glad I have them still. If they are outside of warranty, I will make repairs.

IMG_4237.jpg

IMG_4238.jpg

Whew! That was a long ramble. Sorry about that!

USMC Wrangler

It is difficult to tell what the pictures are depicting did they break from hard hits and are there any issues with the castings?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, close ups in a tight angle. Anytime I've been off pavement I check the undercarriage really well. I do not see any place where anything contacted those two skids. The crossmember skid has taken a beating though.

USMC Wrangler

I'm happy to report, that after my first need to contact EVO MFG for customer service, they are sending out a replacement oil pan skid. No questions asked and I honestly expected that after over two years they would say it was outside of warranty. It clearly didn't hurt to ask.

I've been very happy with the several EVO components I own and I'm even more of an "EVO fanboy" now! :clap2: :yup:

USMC Wrangler

Got the keys to the new place on Tuesday! I've been doing some maintenance stuff while my wife and oldest daughter started painting inside.

I managed to get the Harken Hoist installed today. I didn't get a full test pull yet. I need to knock the dust off the soft top first plus it was raining tonight. Anyway, I'll get it all dialed in tomorrow.

IMG_4330.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
My wife and I signed a contract last night to buy a house. We are very excited and the timing is perfect in many ways. The only picture really worth posting is...

View attachment 267935

[emoji23][emoji23]

Congrats on the new garage! [emoji6]. It's been awhile since I've seen your thread so I'm glad I stumbled across it. Now that I'm caught up, I can't wait to see those finished sliders!

USMC Wrangler

Congrats on the new garage! [emoji6]. It's been awhile since I've seen your thread so I'm glad I stumbled across it. Now that I'm caught up, I can't wait to see those finished sliders!

Thanks! Sliders are on hold while we work on getting the new place ready to move into.

The great thing is we don't have to be out of our rental until Oct 31st. We only live 1/2 mile from the new place so it's very convenient.

Here's an updated shot of Spider, wearing the soft top...

IMG_4334.jpg

USMC Wrangler

Well, been busy moving and related stuff. I did do a full oil change today and some other maintenance stuff. I noticed a slight pull lately and found my front frame track bar bolt a little loose. Got that handled.

Before draining the engine oil, I did check all my fluids again. They all still showed full. The drip from the "leak" reported earlier has not moved or dropped onto my driveway. I looked around the filter housing and saw remnants of spilled oil towards the intake, but no obvious crack. I am still leaning towards spilled oil while swapping the filter last time, but will keep an eye on it.

Hopefully we can get settled into the new house soon and I can resume some projects for the Jeep and hit some trails!

Top Bottom