I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

I’ve been told to remove stress from my life a lot lately. I won’t bore you with the stressors and definitely not looking for sympathy. Anyway, I removed stress today and the freedom is always amazing!

IMG_5450.jpg

Coop

Caught the Bug
Best stress relief I’ve found! Save your life, go Jeepin’!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

Yes! I get to change another battery!!! This will be my third in almost 5 years of ownership.

Today, I left for work, (Jeep cranked fine and no warning signs, just like last time), and stopped at a gas station. Ran inside, came out and tried starting the engine. Nothing. Tried jump starting it. Nothing.

Luckily I bought the Die Hard with the three year replacement. I also got to use my State Farm roadside assistance for a tow home, for the first time. That went well at least.

WJCO

Meme King
Yes! I get to change another battery!!! This will be my third in almost 5 years of ownership.

Today, I left for work, (Jeep cranked fine and no warning signs, just like last time), and stopped at a gas station. Ran inside, came out and tried starting the engine. Nothing. Tried jump starting it. Nothing.

Luckily I bought the Die Hard with the three year replacement. I also got to use my State Farm roadside assistance for a tow home, for the first time. That went well at least.

That sucks but glad you don't have to pay for it. When I lived in AZ, every vehicle I owned had a battery fail in about 2 years.

USMC Wrangler

That sucks but glad you don't have to pay for it. When I lived in AZ, every vehicle I owned had a battery fail in about 2 years.

Between Texas and now Arizona, 2.5ish years seem to be the theme. I bought this one on 11/02/2015.

The CCA were down quite a bit and Sears just handed me a new one...

IMG_5484.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Sears has always been good to me with standing behind their products. Glad they hooked you up the way they did as well.

USMC Wrangler

Since adding the garage door style cover to my Zeon last summer, (I think), I’ve been wanting to do something small and simple to it. The few times I’ve tried to pull it off, it’s been a PITA. I like that my synthetic line is protected from the AZ sun though.

Today I pulled my line just for maintenance reasons as I do occasionally. I did try the cross-cross spoiling but my homemade bumper doesn’t give me enough room. Anyway, two quick holes drilled and some paracord and now I have a pull string to remove the cover. Nothing earth shattering, but I’m glad I finally remembered to do it.

IMG_5559.jpg

IMG_5560.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Since adding the garage door style cover to my Zeon last summer, (I think), I’ve been wanting to do something small and simple to it. The few times I’ve tried to pull it off, it’s been a PITA. I like that my synthetic line is protected from the AZ sun though.

Today I pulled my line just for maintenance reasons as I do occasionally. I did try the cross-cross spoiling but my homemade bumper doesn’t give me enough room. Anyway, two quick holes drilled and some paracord and now I have a pull string to remove the cover. Nothing earth shattering, but I’m glad I finally remembered to do it.

View attachment 303659

View attachment 303660

Brilliant idea.

USMC Wrangler

Next on the to-do list is some maintenance and a couple of repairs.

I’m at about 63000 miles now and will tackle the transmission and t-case service at home. Of course I’ll be pulling my EVO trans skid and while it’s off I will be hammering out the trail rash. I’m also going to change the engine oil since it’s due and finally replace the broken oil pan skid EVO warrantied for me last year.

I’ll be glad to get these checked off my list, but honestly not really looking forward to doing it.

USMC Wrangler

I tackled the following today...

-Engine oil and filter change
-Transmission oil and filter change
-Removed and reinstalled EVO PROTEK skids
-Replaced broken EVO oil pan skid
-Hammered out trail damage to EVO cross member skid
-Prepped and painted rock rash on cross member and t-case skid
-T-case fluid change.

All that took 8 hours with breaks. I wish I would’ve checked before getting started today, but I’m definitely getting a transmission pan with a drain by the next service interval! I created quite a mess.

Here’s what broke on the EVO oil pan skid.

IMG_5643.jpg

IMG_5644.jpg

That’s mud on there, not rust. They sent me a replacement no questions asked. I can’t figure out what caused this. They broke beyond the weld. There is zero indication that I hit anything with oil or transmission skids.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Top Bottom