I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

98XJ06LJ

This happened today and nothing blew up or got weird, so that’s good...

View attachment 309919
I used to work for a company that picked up totalled vehicles for insurance companies, you would be surprised how many of them had three 6's either in the VIN or the mileage. It was enough that it honestly makes me think about it every time one of my vehicles roles thru mileage with three 6's. Stupid but true. Glad you made it out safe, Lol 😂

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

I cleaned up the garage of random parts I’ve bought or been given as gifts.

The phone mount I had on top of the dash finally succumbed to the AZ sun after a couple years. Trying this one out for now. It’s ok on pavement...

IMG_6638.JPG

Finally installed the rear grab handles that match the front.

IMG_6639.jpg

I’m going to try out the Trucklite 4”x4” lights I bought from Eddie a year ago or so. They are mounted but not wired yet.

IMG_6650.jpg

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

I re-wired my rock lights as they should have been from the start today. Now I can actually use the six circuit fuse block I added as it should be. The correction was motivated by wiring up the Trucklite cubes on the A pillars.

Daytime

IMG_6672.jpg

Night

View attachment 316042

IMG_6678.jpg

IMG_6673.jpg

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
I re-wired my rock lights as they should have been from the start today. Now I can actually use the six circuit fuse block I added as it should be. The correction was motivated by wiring up the Trucklite cubes on the A pillars.

Daytime

View attachment 316041

Night

View attachment 316042

View attachment 316043

View attachment 316044

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Those lights are powerful it seems! Looks good [emoji106]

USMC Wrangler

Long rant. Apologies in advance.

Well, my first experience with my Jeep at Lawley Dodge in Sierra Vista, AZ went as well as expected. One word, TERRIBLE!

I went in for the passenger side airbag recall. They said it would be an hour and a half job, so I ran some other errands while waiting. Dropped it off just before 10:00 and got the call at 11:31. Pretty good I thought.

I get back to the dealership, get the keys and walk out to the Jeep. I immediately notice an abnormal bulge in the top of the dash on the passenger side. This is even before I open the door! It’s hard to see in this picture but it should be pretty flat near the center of the dash.

IMG_6756.jpg

I start looking around some more and can clearly see flathead screwdriver marks all the way down the right side of the center trim. Now I was starting to see a little red. [emoji35] The bezel around the radio was tweaked too.

IMG_6757.jpg

IMG_6758.jpg

The service writer is the first one to come look at it even though I asked for the tech and the manager. SW said to me, they go through the glovebox and don’t do any dash removal. I told him I highly doubt that since this damage was not present prior to me dropping it off. I then said, “This is why I wanted the tech here too. I’m sure he could clear up what the procedure is.” I insisted again, as calmly as I could, that a manager and the tech who did the work come out.

A few minutes later they both did. The manager had the tech explain the process. Yes, glovebox comes out but the airbag top bolts require removal of the plastic dash cover. Being pissed I chimed in and said, “Does the service manual call for prying on plastic with a metal screwdriver?!” Tech responds, “Well, it was only a little one.” What in the actual F!!! The manager rolls his eyes and tells the tech to go wait in his office.

So they keep my Jeep for another hour trying to get the dash to lay down, unsuccessfully. So they have supposedly ordered an entire center bezel and passenger side dash cover. Parts are supposed to be in stock in 1-2 weeks.

The tech pulls my Jeep back around front, hands me the keys, then stares at me weird like I should say something to him. I didn’t waste my breath and promptly walked out. The Manager followed me outside and apologized again. I told him that clearly anyone who works on these for a living should be using plastic trim tools on plastic and it was also clearly wrong when he put it back together. He then gave me his personal cell number and said I can request another tech when I return for their repair.

I told my wife this was going to happen as I left this morning. This is exactly why I have done all the work on my Jeep myself, besides saving money. I had half a thought to just ask to take the parts home and do it myself. It might take longer but I’d be a hell of a lot more careful!

Rant over...for now.

If you’ve read this far, I applaud you. I had to vent that out to people who understand my frustrations.

WJCO

Meme King

Well, my first experience with my Jeep at Lawley Dodge in Sierra Vista, AZ went as well as expected. One word, TERRIBLE!

I went in for the passenger side airbag recall. They said it would be an hour and a half job, so I ran some other errands while waiting. Dropped it off just before 10:00 and got the call at 11:31. Pretty good I thought.

I get back to the dealership, get the keys and walk out to the Jeep. I immediately notice an abnormal bulge in the top of the dash on the passenger side. This is even before I open the door! It’s hard to see in this picture but it should be pretty flat near the center of the dash.

I start looking around some more and can clearly see flathead screwdriver marks all the way down the right side of the center trim. Now I was starting to see a little red. [emoji35] The bezel around the radio was tweaked too.

The service writer is the first one to come look at it even though I asked for the tech and the manager. SW said to me, they go through the glovebox and don’t do any dash removal. I told him I highly doubt that since this damage was not present prior to me dropping it off. I then said, “This is why I wanted the tech here too. I’m sure he could clear up what the procedure is.” I insisted again, as calmly as I could, that a manager and the tech who did the work come out.

A few minutes later they both did. The manager had the tech explain the process. Yes, glovebox comes out but the airbag top bolts require removal of the plastic dash cover. Being pissed I chimed in and said, “Does the service manual call for prying on plastic with a metal screwdriver?!” Tech responds, “Well, it was only a little one.” What in the actual F!!! The manager rolls his eyes and tells the tech to go wait in his office.

So they keep my Jeep for another hour trying to get the dash to lay down, unsuccessfully. So they have supposedly ordered an entire center bezel and passenger side dash cover. Parts are supposed to be in stock in 1-2 weeks.

The tech pulls my Jeep back around front, hands me the keys, then stares at me weird like I should say something to him. I didn’t waste my breath and promptly walked out. The Manager followed me outside and apologized again. I told him that clearly anyone who works on these for a living should be using plastic trim tools on plastic and it was also clearly wrong when he put it back together. He then gave me his personal cell number and said I can request another tech when I return for their repair.

I told my wife this was going to happen as I left this morning. This is exactly why I have done all the work on my Jeep myself, besides saving money. I had half a thought to just ask to take the parts home and do it myself. It might take longer but I’d be a hell of a lot more careful!

Rant over...for now.

If you’ve read this far, I applaud you. I had to vent that out to people who understand my frustrations.

That fucking blows, man. Glad they're at least taking care of it, but how frustrating.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Damn that really sucks, I don’t understand how the techs have no idea how to remove the dash. Once you remove all the screws you just pull it right out with your hands, no tools are needed to pry it off.

wjtstudios

Hooked
From the looks of those gouges, he probably tried prying before he pulled the screws thinking it was snap fittings.

Sorry, that really sucks. Hope the straighten it out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

Thanks fellas. On his name tag it showed a “10 years of service” pin. You’d think, just a little, he’d know better. I sincerely hope they fix it right. My next closest dealer is 2 hours away in Tucson, one way. I may give them a try next time I’m in need of a destroyership, umm, I mean, dealership.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

USMC Wrangler

After the hellish trip to the dealer yesterday, I needed to do something good for Spider. Yes, I’ve been painfully slow at working on this project I started nearly a year and a half ago.

After about 2 hours of grinding (because I’m better at that than welding) I finally got to do a true test fit of one slider. It was primarily to determine how to “finish” the ends and take lots of measurements for cutting the legs.

I’m off work through 12/29 so I’d really like to get these done by then. I think now that I have my end angles figured out and most of my measurements taken, I could potentially have a day or two left of work between fab, paint and installation.

Here’s a video I took to remind me how I had it setup for the measurements on the passenger side.

https://youtu.be/2tut1PWJ3Ko

PS - After tackling this project, my front bumper and tube doors I can clearly see why mass producers of these items charge what they do.

sipafz

Caught the Bug

View attachment 317164

View attachment 317165

View attachment 317166

Rant over...for now.

This is exactly why I don’t take my Jeeps in unless I absolutely have to. I took mine in for a warranty radiator replacement and got a call that they wanted to perform a recall to move a wiring harness. I said fine, but then the writer added that it was going to cost a couple hundred dollars due to “modifications” so I told them to skip it until I could fully understand what needed to be done. Once I arrived to pickup the vehicle I was told that they would have to cut two wires and solder them back and that it was going to cost $180 for parts and labor. Of course I said no and suggested that they just cut the wire and do the recall. They proceeded with that they can’t release the vehicle with non functioning side markers. We ended in a stalemate. The recall wasn’t completed and then when I got home I found that the coolant overflow was completely empty.

That was a long story just to say that I feel your pain!

After the hellish trip to the dealer yesterday, I needed to do something good for Spider. Yes, I’ve been painfully slow at working on this project I started nearly a year and a half ago.

After about 2 hours of grinding (because I’m better at that than welding) I finally got to do a true test fit of one slider. It was primarily to determine how to “finish” the ends and take lots of measurements for cutting the legs.

I’m off work through 12/29 so I’d really like to get these done by then. I think now that I have my end angles figured out and most of my measurements taken, I could potentially have a day or two left of work between fab, paint and installation.

Here’s a video I took to remind me how I had it setup for the measurements on the passenger side.

https://youtu.be/2tut1PWJ3Ko

PS - After tackling this project, my front bumper and tube doors I can clearly see why mass producers of these items charge what they do.

Reminds me that I should probably finish mine at some point. Yours are looking really good!

kellyk

View attachment 317164

View attachment 317165

View attachment 317166

Rant over...for now.

I feel your pain. I took my wife’s JKU in for 1 of the free oil changes and the retards couldn’t remember to put the oil cap back on. Got home and noticed a small oil drip over the next day or so. Pop the hood and oil was sprayed all over the engine bay. Sometimes I think they get these “techs” straight from the unemployment office

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

That was a long story just to say that I feel your pain!

Reminds me that I should probably finish mine at some point. Yours are looking really good!

I realize my horror story is far from the worst out there. My plan is to keep this Jeep for a long long time. If I mess something up, my bad. If a shop does due to carelessness, no patience for that.

Thanks! Good luck with yours! I’d be happy to have all of the fab work done this week at least.

Top Bottom