Evo 3" Enforcer Lift Question JKU

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After you make the change can you please provide an update, I'll be installing the Enforcer 3" lift. Was your caster at 4 pre-installation and ended up at 4.7 with no adjustments? Did you install a new front shaft?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Factory is +4.2 deg. After installing a lift, your caster will be LESS than that and you'll want to return it back to stock. If you have more than 4.2, you added too much.

PHX JK

Yes I have the Adams 1310 front drive shaft

After you make the change can you please provide an update, I'll be installing the Enforcer 3" lift. Was your caster at 4 pre-installation and ended up at 4.7 with no adjustments? Did you install a new front shaft?

Before I installed my lift the Caster was at 4.2 degrees
After I installed my 4in Enforcer with the lower front arms set to 22 7/8" as per instructions I was at 3.7 and set it at 4.7
I'm gonna adjust it down to 4.4 soon. Id shoot for 4.4
I'm using a Hunter Alignment Rack
PHX

Zevulin

Before I installed my lift the Caster was at 4.2 degrees
After I installed my 4in Enforcer with the lower front arms set to 22 7/8" as per instructions I was at 3.7 and set it at 4.7
I'm gonna adjust it down to 4.4 soon. Id shoot for 4.4
I'm using a Hunter Alignment Rack
PHX

Are you still running the stock front shaft?

Zevulin

Is running 4.4 going to be a bit much, if I'm understanding correctly double cardan shafts are happier when the pinion is more inline with the shaft, increasing caster increases the pinion to driveshaft angle, I guess it's a delicate balance.

PHX JK

Is running 4.4 going to be a bit much, if I'm understanding correctly double cardan shafts are happier when the pinion is more inline with the shaft, increasing caster increases the pinion to driveshaft angle, I guess it's a delicate balance.

We will find out, you also don't want too shallow caster of your handling will be really unstable .
Once lifted the 4.2 won't feel like it did stock. 4.4 is a pinch more. Lucky I have access to an Alignment rack at
work to get a lot of trial and error without spending soo much money. I can a see a bit of angle on the front joint.
I had the old front joint removed waiting on the Adams shaft when I aligned it first. Man its stable at speed but
starts to vibe.
I guess at the end of the day its not ment to run the Autobahn like a Mercedes Benz. Those suckers have 8 degrees caster on some models

Oh and according to the Hunter Alignment Machine the spec for the JK caster is between 3.2 to 5.2 the very center of that spec is 4.4

Also My Adams joints are spicer. I've heard the Woods have the Chinese joints
Woods has good info on the site regarding the pros and cons of 1350 vs 1310s
PHX

Last edited:
Top Bottom