Recent Shooting and Discussion

A.J.

Yes! Using physical violence on your kids must be the answer. That will teach them not to use physical force to solve their problems. :crazy eyes:

Another fine example of taking a portion of a statement and spinning it to suit your own agenda. A healthy respect of the possibility of physical discomfort can be a deterrent for wrong doing. In my mind this is all a mute point anyway. We're not talking about "normal" people here are we? Normal children don't go out and shoot up the school. FWIW I earned every "spanking" I got. There really wasn't much physical pain involved to change my behavior. It was more about the mental connection and anxiety that whatever I was doing could cause me or others physical pain. I don't think anyone is condoning beating their children. It's amazing where these discussions on school shootings go. No wonder we can't come together for a solution. Sad really.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Another fine example of taking a portion of a statement and spinning it to suit your own agenda. A healthy respect of the possibility of physical discomfort can be a deterrent for wrong doing. In my mind this is all a mute point anyway. We're not talking about "normal" people here are we? Normal children don't go out and shoot up the school. FWIW I earned every "spanking" I got. There really wasn't much physical pain involved to change my behavior. It was more about the mental connection and anxiety that whatever I was doing could cause me or others physical pain. I don't think anyone is condoning beating their children. It's amazing where these discussions on school shootings go. No wonder we can't come together for a solution. Sad really.

It's a direct quote from the poster. Nothing was spun to suit any agenda. I just called it out because I think the "kids just need a good whoopin' like the ol' days" is a antiquated argument that people toss out anytime someone does something wrong and is completely useless.

Your rationalization is equally pathetic...i.e. the fear of getting hit* should be how we motivate and teach children to behave properly.

Resorting to physical violence even if there "really [isn't] much physical pain involved" and only "anxiety" is just another example of lazy parenting that is way too prevalent in today's society.

Buy hey, that's just my opinion.

*you can try to tone it down and call it "physical discomfort" if it makes you feel better, but it doesn't change what it is.

jesse3638

Hooked

Its MOOT not MUTE.

A.J.

It's a direct quote from the poster. Nothing was spun to suit any agenda. I just called it out because I think the "kids just need a good whoopin' like the ol' days" is a antiquated argument that people toss out anytime someone does something wrong and is completely useless.

Your rationalization is equally pathetic...i.e. the fear of getting hit* should be how we motivate and teach children to behave properly.

Resorting to physical violence even if there "really [isn't] much physical pain involved" and only "anxiety" is just another example of lazy parenting that is way too prevalent in today's society.

Buy hey, that's just my opinion.

*you can try to tone it down and call it "physical discomfort" if it makes you feel better, but it doesn't change what it is.

Thank you for illustrating my point. You just did the same thing with my post. My words were written exactly as I intended and nothing was toned down to make me feel better. Different children(and adults for that matter) respond to discipline differently. What works for you and your children may not work for another. Just because someone spanks a child does not mean they beat them. Nor does it mean it is the only piece of discipline they apply to a given situation. My children for example are completely different. I have one child that has always felt the need to test everything. If I were tell her the stove is hot, don't touch it. The first thing she does when I look away is go burn her hand. My son however would take my word for it and stay away. I didn't spank her, but she certainly did learn from the pain of touching a hot stove. The same girl would be beside herself upset if she got a poor grade on a test at school, but the boy who would not burn himself on the stove will repeatedly goof off on tests and try to make excuses why he can't do what he is asked at school. Each child responds differently because they are individuals. I respect your choices on how to discipline your children and I understand you may not agree with mine. The point here is you are making assumptions about how the discipline is applied and trying to turn it into something it is not simply because it differs from your beliefs. Calling it antiquated and lazy is just inflammatory language to further push your own beliefs. I am in no way saying what you believe is wrong. If it works for you great! Transversely you should not be judging others by what works for them and their individual children. Some kids might actually need a good swift kick in the butt to get them moving in the right direction. Some kids don't.

Draconianwinter

Yes! Using physical violence on your kids must be the answer. That will teach them not to use physical force to solve their problems. :crazy eyes:
Another great example of liberal taught stupidity. Funny how, after it was decided that discipline was wrong, and within 20 years, we now have parents afraid to send their kids to school, and people who claim to be pro constitution, now trying to get rid of their own rights, all because some people do not believe in teaching their kids that their will be consequences for their actions. While talking to some kid works great, it doesn't work for a lot of them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Step 1: talk to your kids
Step 2: talking doesn’t work, beat them.

Makes perfect sense to me. [emoji15]

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Another great example of liberal taught stupidity. Funny how, after it was decided that discipline was wrong, and within 20 years, we now have parents afraid to send their kids to school, and people who claim to be pro constitution, now trying to get rid of their own rights, all because some people do not believe in teaching their kids that their will be consequences for their actions. While talking to some kid works great, it doesn't work for a lot of them.

Interesting argument, this should be fun. Where in the Constitution (fyi, the word in this context should be capitalized) did the Founders write about hitting children?

Do you physically discipline your wife? What about your friends? What about your subordinates at work? If not, why not? Out of curiosity, what makes them different than your children? Why is it ok for you to hit your child but I cannot hit your child? Let me guess, because your children are "yours"?

Life sure gets fun when people talk about other people as if they are property. You must be pro-abortion, right? I mean, if my born child is my property and I get to hit him/her at my discretion, then doesn't it follow that my unborn child is also my property and I can choose to prevent his/her birth? I mean really, it is all about ownership, right?

Do you seriously believe the only way to teach someone that actions have consequences is by hitting the person?

Like everything, I recognize there are degrees. A quick swat on the butt as an attention getter is one thing, repeatedly hitting kids with shit (belts, spoons, switches, paddles, your hand...whatever) is, in my mind, battery. Way more often than not, it is also a reflection of the parent losing control of their own emotions.

Last edited:

Draconianwinter

Interesting argument, this should be fun. Where in the Constitution (fyi, the word in this context should be capitalized) did the Founders write about hitting children?

Do you physically discipline your wife? What about your friends? What about your subordinates at work? If not, why not? Out of curiosity, what makes them different than your children? Why is it ok for you to hit your child but I cannot hit your child? Let me guess, because your children are "yours"?

Life sure gets fun when people talk about other people as if they are property. You must be pro-abortion, right? I mean, if my born child is my property and I get to hit him/her at my discretion, then doesn't it follow that my unborn child is also my property and I can choose to prevent his/her birth? I mean really, it is all about ownership, right?

Do you seriously believe the only way to teach someone that actions have consequences is by hitting the person?

Like everything, I recognize there are degrees. A quick swat on the butt as an attention getter is one thing, repeatedly hitting kids with shit (belts, spoons, switches, paddles, your hand...whatever) is, in my mind, battery. Way more often than not, it is also a reflection of the parent losing control of their own emotions.
I wish I could say this was the first retarded comment I have seen from you, but it's really not.

BobNH

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JAGS

Hooked
Oh how I love irony. So, instead of responding with some real thought, analysis and logic, you go for a personal attack. Do you work for CNN?

Lol. He just shit his pants that you criticized CNN. Sure he thought you had “liberal logic” syndrome. [emoji23]

Top Bottom