SoCal Group

jdofmemi

Lol. .....

Yeah, I love seeing how capable stock Jeeps are. I'm glad I built in phases so I could learn how to be a better driver instead of just sending it and hoping for the best. 🤪

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I agree completely that it is best to start wheeling stock, then build as your skill level increases.

Though I didn't do that with my Jeep, I did start wheeling that way. From a stock Toyota with IFS on 31s to lockers, then to solid axle on 29s, then 33s, and on to 35s, then finally got it on to 37s. Suspension, gears, all kinds of limited slips and lockers along the way.

I started with a fairly well built Jeep because I already made the steps, and didn't want to go back to the bottom of the ladder to swap to a Jeep.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Yeah, I love seeing how capable stock Jeeps are. I'm glad I built in phases so I could learn how to be a better driver instead of just sending it and hoping for the best. ��

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I agree completely that it is best to start wheeling stock, then build as your skill level increases.

Its definitely fun in a stocker.... but I’m kinda tired of hitting everything in my path... I noticed a vibration yesterday and its my Skid touching the exhaust because it got caved in. So I gotta pull it off, heat it up and pound it out. My stabilizer shock is smashed on the bottom... (not even sure if its functional now) and I think my drag link might be bent a little. Not saying this stuff wont happen when I’m lifted w/ 35’s..... but it should lessen the damage a little. [emoji51]

Last edited:

BaddestCross

Its definitely fun in a stocker.... but I’m kinda tired of hitting everything in my path... I noticed a vibration yesterday and its my Skid touching the exhaust because it got caved in. So I gotta pull it off, heat it up and pound it out. My stabilizer shock is smashed on the bottom... (not even sure if its functional now) and I think my tie rod might be bent a little. Not saying this stuff wont happen when I’m lifted w/ 35’s..... but it should lessen the damage a little. [emoji51]
#JeepProblems 🤣

Bang the skid back into shape, pull the stabilizer and get a Rancho 5000 with a relocation kit, and get a beefier tie rod. You'll still need all that on 35s to prevent the issues. Ask me how I know. 😎

--

TrailHunter

Hooked
#JeepProblems 🤣

Bang the skid back into shape, pull the stabilizer and get a Rancho 5000 with a relocation kit, and get a beefier tie rod. You'll still need all that on 35s to prevent the issues. Ask me how I know. 😎

--

I meant to say Drag Link.... I can't tell if its a factory bend or not (very slight right where the rubi locker is) ... but, Yeah, I need to upgrade all that, sooner than later.

BaddestCross

I meant to say Drag Link.... I can't tell if its a factory bend or not (very slight right where the rubi locker is) ... but, Yeah, I need to upgrade all that, sooner than later.
In either case, I highly recommend Currie's Currectlync package. You get both for around $400. The difference in the feeling of your steering is like night and day 👍

--

jesse3638

Hooked
Well its decided. MY wife and I are going to head to the Slash-X this Saturday 9/22/18 from our House in Apple Valley. The goal is to stay off the pavement as much as possible. With the exception of the first mile or so it can be done entirely on dirt. We plan to do some exploring of a few areas I've always seen but never really stopped to check out. There is nothing too difficult on this run other than not getting sidetracked..haha. We'll be leaving between 10-11am and arriving most likely around 2pm. If anyone is interested in joining let me know.

Last edited:

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Well its decided. MY wife and I are going to head to the Slash-X this Saturday 9/18/18 from our House in Apple Valley. The goal is to stay off the pavement as much as possible. With the exception of the first mile or so it can be done entirely on dirt. We plan to do some exploring of a few areas I've always seen but never really stopped to check out. There is nothing too difficult on this run other than not getting sidetracked..haha. We'll be leaving between 10-11am and arriving most likely around 2pm. If anyone is interested in joining let me know.

Thanks for posting. I'm guessing you intended Saturday the 22nd. It looks like a nice day. I know several of the SoCal group are going to the Jeep Bash in Bolsa Chica Saturday.

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks for posting. I'm guessing you intended Saturday the 22nd. It looks like a nice day. I know several of the SoCal group are going to the Jeep Bash in Bolsa Chica Saturday.

Correct the 22nd. Looked at my watch for the date and typed today's...haha. Yeah I know several are going down there but wanted to extend the invitation anyways. I know there are several WAL'ers in high desert as well.

jdofmemi

There are a lot of good short trails near there.
If I didn't already have plans, I would join you. Maybe a good place for another run a bit later.

jesse3638

Hooked
There are a lot of good short trails near there.
If I didn't already have plans, I would join you. Maybe a good place for another run a bit later.

Yeah I've been all through there but its been a long time. Also last time was with work. My wife actually suggested it...haha. Have a nice drive out for lunch and a beer then head back. No agenda.

Last edited:

rubiDave

Last minute Miller Jeep Trail run tomorrow (Wednesday the 19th) 10 am meet.
Yeah, just saw this. Unfortunately I have an appointment this afternoon, otherwise I'd be there. I'm heading out next Wed. or Thurs. to Monache for my hunting trip. Maybe mid Oct. we can set up some weekday trips.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom