Building the Grendel

TheGrendel

Hey dude,

We have the exact same Motobilt bumper. I plan on installing mine this weekend. I know there’s no provided instructions or videos out there to help so I was curious if you had any advice regarding the install.

Thanks in advance.

i've been mia from the boards. sorry i didn't see this. PM inbound.

TheGrendel

Bought a Ballistic Fab diff cover during a labor sale. It finally showed a week or so ago. Got it painted. Probably going to wait to install it until I take my Jeep in to do gears. Should have ordered for front and back then. Hopefully the 2nd one doesn’t take as long.

Attachments

• B7B89948-0A19-4CBF-8BEC-4A0169133449.jpg
    B7B89948-0A19-4CBF-8BEC-4A0169133449.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 217

TheGrendel

The Jeep is finally alive again. I had the Evo pro series carrier delivered yesterday afternoon. That was the fastest install of anthing I’ve done. I do have to adjust is just slighting. It’s looking good. Going to pull the corners off and take them to get powdercoated.

hWRMckg.jpg

Got the Maximma lights installed as well. I used the poison spyder connections, so I can take remove them easily. Only problem is the reverse lights aren’t coming on. I’m not much of an electrician.

6dbQgny.jpg

Here’s probably the most controversial. But, a friend of mine got rid of his Jeep and was parting it out. He basically gave me his Spod. Grab a Metalcloak spod vacuum relocation bracket because I had already relocated my vacuum pump where the spod is supposed to go. Haven’t had a chance to run the wiring.

IcvobOA.jpg

0mq5kCp.jpg

I am just super happy to be rolling again.

TheGrendel

Had great weather here in Austin. So I got some serious painting done. Also got the reverse light situation fixed. Installed the protek transmission skid.

wGlVwAt.jpg

PUo8mtI.jpg

u1y11pZ.jpg

TheGrendel

Coming to a stop for now

Finally gotten nearly everything done on the Jeep that I want for now. Had to hurry up and finish before the baby comes.

Got the Evo corners powder coated thanks to a poster for mentioning the color Red Wheel from prismatic because it is a dang good match.

WVkWC0U.jpg

Also got my sliders burned on.

vPiWw2u.jpg

TheGrendel

Also took off the spare and tightened the carrier bolts eliminating a rattle I had. Replaced the the nuts on the license plate and plate holder with wing nuts so I don’t need tools just to get the license plate off if I have a flat somewhere.

jdofmemi

Finally gotten nearly everything done on the Jeep that I want for now. Had to hurry up and finish before the baby comes.

Got the Evo corners powder coated thanks to a poster for mentioning the color Red Wheel from prismatic because it is a dang good match.

WVkWC0U.jpg

vPiWw2u.jpg

I love the color matched corners. Looks way better than black, in my opinion.

Looks good 👍

Bear_JT

Hooked

WVkWC0U.jpg

vPiWw2u.jpg

Looks good. 5 weeks is gonna fly by!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

98XJ06LJ

Congratulations on the Jeep and the baby! 5 weeks will be here so fast! Hard to believe our daughter just turned 5 months! Crazy how fast time flys when it comes to your kids.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Great job on the build so far. Good score on the slabs and the corners came out awesome! I hope everything goes smoothly with the big arrival in five weeks. No better feeling than the first time you get to hold him/her and really soak it all in. So glad I stumbled on this thread.

Top Bottom