Building the Grendel

TheGrendel

getting the Grendel back in the proper power band. deposit down with Bubba at Exodus. heading there on Monday to get some new gears. :rock:

critter812

getting the Grendel back in the proper power band. deposit down with Bubba at Exodus. heading there on Monday to get some new gears. :rock:

Make sure you take a look at those new Tie Rods he has! I have to stop visiting him my wallet gets lighter every time I go there.

TheGrendel

Make sure you take a look at those new Tie Rods he has! I have to stop visiting him my wallet gets lighter every time I go there.

i've already got my tie rod taken care of. i went with Fusion 4x4 because i wanted aluminum back before Bubba was making his. but, i'm sure there will be other treats there that will test my resolve. lol.

TheGrendel

So as most on here know that if you want the dual top group it’s often a better deal to buy the hard top and pick up a premium soft top from someone who bought both and didn’t end using the soft top much. Well, thanks to Jeeps last year “special editions” that they used to try and push as many JKs out the door as possible you can really find a deal if you’re willing to be a little different.

The Desert Eagle edition included some graphics and other junk. The one thing a lot of them came with was a dual top in tan which as I dug into it turns out to be a premium material top. But, because it is tan it’s even harder for people to sell them.

So, I was able to pick this up from a guy that bought a 2018 Desert Eagle that had never been out of the box for $500.

I really like it. It’s different and gives the Jeep an old school vibe when tan tops were a regular thing on Jeeps.

Attachments

• E813B730-D2E1-4208-A393-B68530688811.jpg
    E813B730-D2E1-4208-A393-B68530688811.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 141

TheGrendel

Met up with Gobicon as he was passing through San Antonio to pick up his old Dynatrac progrips. Probably won’t install until it’s time for my next tire rotation.

Attachments

• 8F963A61-25D7-4AE4-BAA1-D3868E177685.jpg
    8F963A61-25D7-4AE4-BAA1-D3868E177685.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 121
  • FF863EBD-43DA-4C99-985F-853312295401.jpg
    FF863EBD-43DA-4C99-985F-853312295401.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 121

JKbrick

So as most on here know that if you want the dual top group it’s often a better deal to buy the hard top and pick up a premium soft top from someone who bought both and didn’t end using the soft top much. Well, thanks to Jeeps last year “special editions” that they used to try and push as many JKs out the door as possible you can really find a deal if you’re willing to be a little different.

The Desert Eagle edition included some graphics and other junk. The one thing a lot of them came with was a dual top in tan which as I dug into it turns out to be a premium material top. But, because it is tan it’s even harder for people to sell them.

So, I was able to pick this up from a guy that bought a 2018 Desert Eagle that had never been out of the box for $500.

I really like it. It’s different and gives the Jeep an old school vibe when tan tops were a regular thing on Jeeps.

That actually looks really good [emoji106] nice brakes too

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

It’s been hard to do too much with a baby in the house. But I did get a couple of things done.

I added Carolina Metal Masters grab handle with 1 inch ram mount.
yBRdI3w.jpg

I also moved my Rigid cubes to my A pillar and added a 6 inch Warn to my stinger. Rewired them to my switches rather than using the Zeon platinum accessory connection.

HQxMmQ7.jpg

Added a Tuffy security drawer since I’m rolling a soft top now. Probably going to line it with some sticky backed felt.

XT3qcUr.jpg

And lastly, Artec fender liners that I painted.

tzjBfoZ.jpg

Top Bottom