Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

WJCO

Meme King
Nice! What grass is that?

Thanks. Truthfully, I have no idea on the grass. It was here when we moved in last year but it was yellow/brown. No one took care of it. But I know of a blend that works awesome here, I'll try and find out what's in it.

Here's some before/after pics from last year to this year. This is a pic from last year where the fire pit is now.
IMG_20190511_181203_148.jpg

And this is a before and after of the other side of our yard. A small amount of this one required an overseed.

grass.jpg

A little more progress...

Looking great.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Thanks. Truthfully, I have no idea on the grass. It was here when we moved in last year but it was yellow/brown. No one took care of it. But I know of a blend that works awesome here, I'll try and find out what's in it.

Here's some before/after pics from last year to this year. This is a pic from last year where the fire pit is now.
View attachment 326783

And this is a before and after of the other side of our yard. A small amount of this one required an overseed.

View attachment 326784

Looking great.

Just curious. It wouldn’t grow here, anyway. I have St. Augustine grass, and I know that wouldn’t grow in Colorado. Nice work bringing it back.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Did you figure it out?

No I haven't messed with it yet we began moving today.

Wouldn't you know get the trailer loaded up pull into the new house and some ominous looking clouds formed. It was a mad dash to get everything off the trailer but we failed...haha. As I was throwing a tarp over my stuff the Neighbor pulled up and had a much larger one to help cover everything. 30 mins later we could finish up. At least I got the mattress off. Everything else had to be dried off...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Wouldn't you know get the trailer loaded up pull into the new house and some ominous looking clouds formed. It was a mad dash to get everything off the trailer but we failed...haha. As I was throwing a tarp over my stuff the Neighbor pulled up and had a much larger one to help cover everything. 30 mins later we could finish up. At least I got the mattress off. Everything else had to be dried off...haha.

I hear that, I think it just rains every day here now. So damn annoying

jdofmemi

I was thinking of you and your move when I got the severe weather alert today. I read it and it was Hesperia, so I checked the radar and it looked rough out your way.

RCVRY

Try some kind of rye grass or zoysia grass should both do well in Colorado.

I’ve always used NTEP, National Turfgrass Evaluation Program, to choose grass seed. And Seedland.com carries a lot of the elite cultivars. Edit: seedsuperstore.com carries the elite cultivars.

You can search by region, state and locally for the turf grass that performs the best in any given area.

Last edited:

notnalc68

All finished up, except for one thing. As I posted earlier, this was the inspiration.
IMG_3516.JPG

Here it is, before the final touch up.
IMG_3536.jpg

Here is the finished product.
IMG_3539.jpg
IMG_3540.jpg

The only thing left to add, is a Jeep. My wife found this stencil.
IMG_3537.JPG

notnalc68

Came out great. :thumb:

Excellent job! That Jeep is gonna look right at home in there

Thanks. I really have to recommend that paint. It’s Sherwin-Williams Infinity. It is from Lowe’s, and I think it’s called something else at a Sherwin-Williams store, but it’s their best grade of paint. I’ve never used a paint that covers as well. It’s easy to cut in around edges, and being so thick, helped keep the taped lines clean.

Top Bottom