Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

WJCO

Meme King
Nice work. I’ll bet that is a cool area to hang out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. Not much space underneath with the hot tub but we are going to turn the temp down this summer and hopefully have a mini swimming pool. It's already fucking hot outside.

Painting in the kid’s room. The wife wants something like the pics below. I’m going to see if I can make it happen.

That is awesome. I look forward to seeing it when it's done.

jesse3638

Hooked
Got all the base down and toilet reinstalled. While checking for leaks I discovered I have a hot water supply to the toilet. Just one more thing to address. I still need to calk all the base but that can wait as I'm focusing on the larger things before move in this weekend.

IMAG3116.jpg
IMAG3117.jpg
IMAG3119.jpg
IMAG3120.jpg

Onto tearing out and replacing the carpet on the stairs. I had enough from the tear out in the dinning room so I figured why let new carpet go to waste. Plus it'll match the downstairs now which would drive me crazy.

IMAG3121.jpg

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
That looks awesome. Nice work. Why is there hot water by the toilet? Is that something that was done once upon a time?

wjtstudios

Hooked
Got all the base down and toilet reinstalled. While checking for leaks I discovered I have a hot water supply to the toilet. Just one more thing to address. I still need to calk all the base but that can wait as I'm focusing on the larger things before move in this weekend.

Hell of a lot of work. Looks Great!

jesse3638

Hooked
That looks awesome. Nice work. Why is there hot water by the toilet? Is that something that was done once upon a time?
Thanks. I'm pretty sure it was a mistake. I haven't checked the other 2 but of they're hot to maybe it was intentional.
Damn Jesse. That’s coming along. Want to do my house next? lol
Yeah I'd be a lot further along if I could work more than a few hours here and there. Let me know what you need done and I can give you some pointers...haha.
I've come across this a couple times over the years. Supposedly, made the toilet seat warm.
I'm not sure. I called my father in law as he owns a plumbing company. He said it isn't right and could crack the tank. I'm sure it's been like that since the house was new in 2004 and the toilet looks original. He wants to fix it I'm just not sure I want to tear into more walls...haha.
Hell of a lot of work. Looks Great!
Thanks. It's been fun actually getting to put our stamp on the place. Really got me thinking of a side gig. Might look into a handy man license.

Trail JK

Repaired our gazebo roof. The new shingles are the same ones as the old one. Major color difference with sun fade though.

View attachment 326408

View attachment 326409

Nice hangout spot there!

View attachment 326411
View attachment 326412
Painting in the kid’s room. The wife wants something like the pics below. I’m going to see if I can make it happen.
View attachment 326413
View attachment 326414

Your wife has great taste! That design is super cute!

View attachment 326524
View attachment 326525
View attachment 326526
View attachment 326527

Onto tearing out and replacing the carpet on the stairs. I had enough from the tear out in the dinning room so I figured why let new carpet go to waste. Plus it'll match the downstairs now which would drive me crazy.

View attachment 326528

Awesome job Jesse! Looks great!

JKbrick

View attachment 326524
View attachment 326525
View attachment 326526
View attachment 326527

View attachment 326528

I've come across this a couple times over the years. Supposedly, made the toilet seat warm.

In climates where a/c isn’t or wasn’t used people used to put a little tempering valve in the wall to feed warm water to toilets so they wouldn’t sweat onto the floor. The only other thing I could think of and your father-in-law probably already suggested it is to make sure you don’t have hot water by passing through a shower valve or something that would be letting hot water into the cold pipe to fill your toilet

sipafz

Caught the Bug
While checking for leaks I discovered I have a hot water supply to the toilet.

When we built our house the plumber did the same thing in our master bathroom. It was kind of funny as one day we were doing some cleanup, flushed the toilet a few times and noticed steam coming from the bowl. It was pretty awesome getting an “assacial” [emoji2]. When I told the General Contractor about it he said that the plumber was an alcoholic, but “high functioning” and had a chuckle. Well, he didn’t think it was funny when the dishwasher leaked the first time it was used and cost him 5k to replace our hardwood kitchen floor.

WJCO

Meme King
When we built our house the plumber did the same thing in our master bathroom. It was kind of funny as one day we were doing some cleanup, flushed the toilet a few times and noticed steam coming from the bowl. It was pretty awesome getting an “assacial” [emoji2]. When I told the General Contractor about it he said that the plumber was an alcoholic, but “high functioning” and had a chuckle. Well, he didn’t think it was funny when the dishwasher leaked the first time it was used and cost him 5k to replace our hardwood kitchen floor.

Was the dishwasher supplied with a cold water line?

Ddays

Hooked
The only other thing I could think of and your father-in-law probably already suggested it is to make sure you don’t have hot water by passing through a shower valve or something that would be letting hot water into the cold pipe to fill your toilet

^^ This - you could have a cross connection somewhere that's allowing the hot water into a cold line like Mark's suggesting. Only way to find that is to trace all of your hot lines to see if someone connected it to a cold line somewhere.

Top Bottom