Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

rubiDave

SPC is a luxury vinyl plank. SPC stands for Stone Plastic Composite. It's virtually water proof and offers low expansion due to it's density. Another nice thing about it is the planks are 9"x60" so in the open areas it goes really fast. The upstairs took some time due to all the cutting. You can also lay them side by side and tap them together if you don't have enough room to lift it to the 45 degree and lower it into place. Hardwood would have been nice but the labor involved would have taken me forever especially considering the down stairs is slab on grade. I also would have done the entire downstairs so I didn't end up with really high transitions.

Does it go down with mastic, or is it pressure sensitive adhesive or a floating system?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Does it go down with mastic, or is it pressure sensitive adhesive or a floating system?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's a floating floor just like Pergo or other laminate. If you have stairs the flush stair nose does have to be glued. I also chose to glue the end molding at the carpet vs. the little plastic channel you screw down and snap it into. A contracted flooring guy gave me some recommendations for that. He uses a 1/8" bead of original (brown) gorilla glue with quarter sized dots of liquid nails every 3 inches. Blue masking tape to hold it in place while it dries. I also added weight to hold it down. After about 8-12 hours I came back with my 6 in one and scraped up the excess that seeped out. Those things aren't going anywhere.

bmkrinne

Building a pergola in the backyard. It’s coming along nicely so far. Been doing it by myself, so kind of slow going.

IMG_2087.JPG IMG_2089.JPG IMG_2090.JPG IMG_2092.JPG

Also built so patio furniture to go with it.

IMG_2081.JPG IMG_2083.JPG IMG_1958.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Building a pergola in the backyard. It’s coming along nicely so far. Been doing it by myself, so kind of slow going.

View attachment 326214 View attachment 326215 View attachment 326216 View attachment 326217

Also built so patio furniture to go with it.

View attachment 326218 View attachment 326219 View attachment 326220

Is that a kit or did you design it yourself??? Looking to do a very similar size

bmkrinne

Is that a kit or did you design it yourself??? Looking to do a very similar size

I looked at a lot of google images and read a few how to articles, then designed it myself. It’s 12’ x 16’ and uses 6x6 posts with 2x12x16 headers and 2x8x12 rafters. Planning on trimming out the posts and putting stacked stone wraps about 24” up the columns.

I wanted to use western cedar but that shits’s like gold. Ended up using treated pine for a 3rd the cost and staining with an Australian timber oil. All of the hardware was ordered from BoltDepot.com. Took me a while the draw it all up and spec out the materials, but saved a ton of money versus buying a kit. Plus I was able to add in different design aspects that a kit wouldn’t have had.

If you’re interested, I’ll send you all of my drawings, material lists, etc.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
I looked at a lot of google images and read a few how to articles, then designed it myself. It’s 12’ x 16’ and uses 6x6 posts with 2x12x16 headers and 2x8x12 rafters. Planning on trimming out the posts and putting stacked stone wraps about 24” up the columns.

I wanted to use western cedar but that shits’s like gold. Ended up using treated pine for a 3rd the cost and staining with an Australian timber oil. All of the hardware was ordered from BoltDepot.com. Took me a while the draw it all up and spec out the materials, but saved a ton of money versus buying a kit. Plus I was able to add in different design aspects that a kit wouldn’t have had.

If you’re interested, I’ll send you all of my drawings, material lists, etc.

Dang that be awesome. I’m looking to design and do ours basically the same way. The color looks great. Keep the pics coming.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Got sprinklers on today and planted the garden.

What do you have growing there? I can’t wait to get my plants in the ground, we still have a frost every now and then [emoji849] so our house has plants on every counter waiting to go outside [emoji23]

WJCO

Meme King
What do you have growing there? I can’t wait to get my plants in the ground, we still have a frost every now and then [emoji849] so our house has plants on every counter waiting to go outside [emoji23]

Carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, cucumbers, asparagus.

WJCO

Meme King
Repaired our gazebo roof. The new shingles are the same ones as the old one. Major color difference with sun fade though.

IMG_20190505_131412_457.jpg

IMG_20190505_131433_608.jpg

Top Bottom