EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

bmkrinne

This looks so awesome! Put me down for a definite maybe pending vacation approval.

I’d like to bring the family as well since we’ve not been in this area of the country.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
This looks so awesome! Put me down for a definite maybe pending vacation approval.

I’d like to bring the family as well since we’ve not been in this area of the country.

Will do. Hope to see you guys again out there!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Coop

Caught the Bug
Can’t speak for CO, but Moab has a range of trails. A number of classics (Eg Fins and Things, Top of the World, etc) can be done with only slight modded or even stock Jeeps. Other trails (eg cliffhanger, Pritchett) are best done with a larger build. I’d suggest having two groups in Moab for that reason and also just to keep things moving along.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I agree with this. When we were on Poison Spider and Gold Spike, Toyota’s we’re trying to navigate the rocks and shelf’s and destroying their vehicles and holding everybody up. Mostly approach angles and overhang was their problem. Golden Crack really tore them up. Also it’s always good to have a good quality winch, but in most cases there are no trees to winch to, so it has to be another Jeep. We just have to have the right trails for the stock or slightly modded Jeeps, and Jeeps with winches in front of Jeeps without winches on the tougher trails. The Colorado passes won’t be a problem for any stock Jeep IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I agree westsiders??

They probably think us east siders are crazy for running Moab in the dead of summer.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

We were in Moab last of July. 106-108 couple days. Make sure a/c is working and have plenty water. We had doors and windows out but left top on for shade. Not a big deal if your prepared. Of course I’m used to Alabama Heat and humidity. [emoji1303]

jorgelrod

Hooked
How in the Hell do you people take 2 weeks off work? Are you all P.E. teachers or something? Lol... Looks like a great group... Maybe a miracle will happen and I’ll have no Jobs then.. [emoji51]

My job offers unlimited PTO as long as it does not conflict with projects, main issue is timing and of course cash. Wife wants us to stop renting and buy a house in 2020 or 2021 so I have to see how I divert money for this. I think the whole separate bank account is sounding pretty good about now.

Ddays

Hooked
You can show us how your gonna cook dinner on the slickrock in August!

It's not like we don't get shitty hot over East in July & August. True, we don't get into the teens, but mid-high 90's with really high humidity for long stretches are normal here. As long as we get early starts we should be
able to avoid the really hot parts of late afternoon. And even if it is that hot we'll all be having so much goddam fun it won't matter! :wings:

fiend

Caught the Bug
It's not like we don't get shitty hot over East in July & August. True, we don't get into the teens, but mid-high 90's with really high humidity for long stretches are normal here. As long as we get early starts we should be
able to avoid the really hot parts of late afternoon. And even if it is that hot we'll all be having so much goddam fun it won't matter! :wings:

It’ll be hot as fuck. The good news is that it’ll be so hot and so dry that sweat will vaporize instantly.

wjtstudios

Hooked
We were in Moab last of July. 106-108 couple days. Make sure a/c is working and have plenty water. We had doors and windows out but left top on for shade. Not a big deal if your prepared. Of course I’m used to Alabama Heat and humidity. [emoji1303]

Does this mean you’re coming?!?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I’d love to get in on this too if life allows!
Pritchett and behind the rocks are on my list that I’d like to run. Pritchett for sure

wjtstudios

Hooked
Short of being hot, it looks those dates are going to work. Let’s lock that time line in if no one has any other thoughts on that so the we can start getting rooms booked. Moabs looking pretty open across the board. Ouray on the other hand looks like it is filling up and we might want to start getting rooms reserved there pretty quick. Because such a large group and different needs, everyone will be responsible for setting up their own accommodations.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jsouder53

Hooked
Short of being hot, it looks those dates are going to work. Let’s lock that time line in if no one has any other thoughts on that so the we can start getting rooms booked. Moabs looking pretty open across the board. Ouray on the other hand looks like it is filling up and we might want to start getting rooms reserved there pretty quick. Because such a large group and different needs, everyone will be responsible for setting up their own accommodations.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Sounds great to me, we will most likely be camping it just to keep to trip cost down.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I rented a 3 bed condo last time for a decent price with a garage. There’s tons of them in that complex so it would be really cool if we ended up with several all near or even next to each other

Top Bottom