Good Times with Good Friends & Gladiators Down in Arizona

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you all enjoyed the pics even though there weren't a whole lot of them. :cool:

Great photos Eddie. Looks like a fun trip! Sucks about what happened to Harris’ rig, but I’ll give that dude a lot of props. He isn’t afraid of anything!

Thanks for sharing with us!

Oh no, Harris ain't afraid of anything. Never once saw him even raise an eyebrow the whole time. :crazyeyes:

Awesome photos! Thanks for making us feel like we were a part of it [emoji106] sad to see Harris’s Jeep take on so much damage, but looks like he got to use 4WD lol

:cheesy: Oh yeah, I think you could say that :D

Harris gave it his all! Looks like a hell of a place to stretch out the gladiators. Pretty sweet old mine too!

With the exception of the trail that Harris took on (that was something Moby would have done better on), everything we did was a walk in the park for the Gladiators. Hell, if you don't mind body damage, even Harris got his Gladiator through without needing any real help.

Cool destination,
Is anyone else a little girl on the inside and afraid of what animals are living down there when exploring or is that just me?

LOL - you mean like rattle snakes, scorpions and spiders? :crazyeyes:

Looks like an epic adventure! Great photos!! That landscape is gorgeous.

It ain't for everyone but we are definitely suckers for the desert :cool:

Glad to hear you were able to get out for some fun. How much lift is your JT and Harris' running?

We've probably got our coilovers set at about 4" of lift. We could definitely use a bit more to make it more effective on the trail. Harris is probably running more like 5" or a bit more.

That’s pretty awesome! I’m pretty sure I would’ve needed new pants if I was driving the red one.

LOL - I thought for sure he was gonna go tumbling down the canyon. He got super lucky that his a-pillar caught that big boulder. :crazyeyes:

Looks like a great trip! Rear corner guards or some kind of a dove tail kit seems like a good idea for the Gladiators. [emoji848]

Maybe. In my opinion, a lot of this is just taking into consideration what you're driving and what you're willing to do. I look at a trail like that and the first thing that came to my mind was, I wish I were in Moby. As much as I love our Gladiator, it'll always be a different. Hell, even with no bed, it's still got a MUCH longer wheel base than a 4-door Wrangler.

Fun looking trail! Sucks he took the damage but glad you didn't. Thanks for sharing!

LOL - I was tempted but glad I decided to sit it out :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice shots. Is that out in the Bullhead area?

Yep, fun area with tons of trails. Don't know how long it'll stay like that but for now, it's a great place to wheel.

Looks like it was a blast. Also looks like lucky dog Harris scored a set of the unicorn EVO JL/JLT sliders?

Yeah, I'm totally jealous too. They really helped him out on the trail too.

Man! Awesome trail! Thanks for the pics! Always can count on you for great shots! Did Harris ever use 4WD, Lol?

Maybe 4 HI :cheesy:

Looks like a great time out in the desert! It seems like the length of the JT tends to make it more susceptible to body damage sucks but still one bad ass truck. Would you of taken on the same obstacle if you had your JL?

I don't think so. There were a few points where 40's were a BIG help. Maybe without a hard top on but really, it was a Moby kind of trail.

Awesome shots. We’re down in Bullhead as I write this. Super fun area. Nasty rocks. Lots of fun.

Sorry we missed you. If we didn't already have plans, it would have been fun to hit some of the trails out there with you.

Thanks for sharing and great pics. Glad you guys had a great time. My stress level would be pretty high if that was my red JT.

LOL - it was pretty intense seeing it all go down from the outside too. :crazyeyes:

Looks like a fun trip! Harris has bigger balls than me. That body damage hurts me, and it isn’t even my Jeep!

Yeah, body damage just sucks.

Bet y’all had a blast! That carnage on Harris’s truck tho >.<

It was more than I was willing to take on.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Badass . Body damage makes me wince ... does the evo truck tackle all obstacles the JTs can handle?

What’s the story on the EVO truck? Does Mel race it? We see it pop up every now and then on The JKX videos too.

That truck will pretty much go anywhere.

That’s Chase 12. I know he used it on ultimate adventure one year and he uses as a support truck for other events. Outside of that I’m not sure

Old ass truck he built back in the day. It’s beat to shit but wheels like no other. It was sold and bought back a few years back.

What Irish JK, cozdude and OverlanderJK said ^^^^^. :yup:

jeeeep

Hooked
Unsatisfied with the wheeling we'd been doing, Harris asked Mel if there was anything he could do that would require 4WD - LOL. This is where Mel took us to.
20200203163001-4ee7285c-me.jpg

Have a great Presidents Weekend :cool:

That's a pretty trick axle to allow it to come out in front of the bumper like that :crazyeyes:

great optical illusion!

Top Bottom