The Birth of Cookie Monster (aka Cymbol Monkey)

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Man, you’ve done so much work on it. Looks incredible!! Time for topless and doorless season!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Thank you. Definitely real close to doorless and topless but need to get it in the shop first.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
What were your first impressions of the bed tread? I’d love to get rid of the carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Honestly I would have preferred the bed rug I think. I picked it up used from a local guy dirt cheap and said heck with it. It’s really nice and fits surprisingly well but it’s rigid. Real rigid. Will be easy to maintain but for ease and comfort with the same benefit I would buy bed rug first.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Is your switch a button that turns it off then it stays off till you shut it off and restart it, or is it actually a switch?

Yeah. Hit the switch and the LED lights up on it and stays in that position till I push it again. At which point I would need to restart to go back to normal.

Ddays

Hooked
Yeah. Hit the switch and the LED lights up on it and stays in that position till I push it again. At which point I would need to restart to go back to normal.

Mines been in the off position since I installed it last year. I had an intermittent sensor/wire issue and my TC used to come on when pulling out from a stop. After getting nearly run over too many times to count because the fucker starts that killing the power nonsense I finally did this. I can't see myself ever switching it back on again. I welcome the warning lights staying on. Means I never have to deal with that shit ever again.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
If you shut it off and restart it do you still have to remember to push it the second time?

Yeah. But as Jerry has pointed out no real harm. I don't like lights on my dash so I'll try to keep it off unless needed. Super easy to do though except figuring out which way to wire the LED's in the switch but really that wasn't hard either. Took me all of 30 minutes with soldering and playing with the wires to get done.

JKbrick

Mines been in the off position since I installed it last year. I had an intermittent sensor/wire issue and my TC used to come on when pulling out from a stop. After getting nearly run over too many times to count because the fucker starts that killing the power nonsense I finally did this. I can't see myself ever switching it back on again. I welcome the warning lights staying on. Means I never have to deal with that shit ever again.

So just get a toggle switch?

Weebz

Caught the Bug
So just get a toggle switch?

Toggle works just fine. I just throw crap around my console and just didn’t want to hitting it by mistake. You could also get a temporary push button switch like I have that would just reset them when you restart. Endless options.

jdofmemi

That switch does what the factory button should do - kill everything when you want it all off. :thumb:

I'm sure hoping to get me me done while I'm putting the rest of the goodies on.

I've drove for years without the nanny state trying to "help" me. Driving the mountain roads out here if you corner a bit on the aggressive side, it shuts you down. I've never yet had it come on and be useful, it is always a pain in the ass.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I'm sure hoping to get me me done while I'm putting the rest of the goodies on.

I've drove for years without the nanny state trying to "help" me. Driving the mountain roads out here if you corner a bit on the aggressive side, it shuts you down. I've never yet had it come on and be useful, it is always a pain in the ass.

I hear you. Just don’t forget while you have things torn apart like I did and have to dig back in.

Top Bottom