The Birth of Cookie Monster (aka Cymbol Monkey)

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I got all caught up on your thread today, all I can say you have been a busy boy. Jeff, that thing turned out incredible!! I cannot wait for all of us to get out and rip and tear, hopefully sooner than later.:thumb:

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I got all caught up on your thread today, all I can say you have been a busy boy. Jeff, that thing turned out incredible!! I cannot wait for all of us to get out and rip and tear, hopefully sooner than later.:thumb:

Thanks Jeff. Can’t wait myself.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
So after today’s run some issues I found. My bumps are just outright missing the pads at full stuff off camber and the bolt to my track bar is into my diff cover.

Attachments

• 3DD335AB-03BC-41EF-8F47-FBF679900797.jpeg
    3DD335AB-03BC-41EF-8F47-FBF679900797.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 61
  • C92DB764-06DF-4790-B858-6E6C529691C2.jpeg
    C92DB764-06DF-4790-B858-6E6C529691C2.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 61

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Simple solution [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Indeed. I was really hoping to see Jerry’s choice in action before I decide but I think it’s the route I’m going too. I can always go to 2.5 if I need later. I just don’t think I need the heat dissipation of the larger body.

Ddays

Hooked
Indeed. I was really hoping to see Jerry’s choice in action before I decide but I think it’s the route I’m going too. I can always go to 2.5 if I need later. I just don’t think I need the heat dissipation of the larger body.

No more pics? :idontknow:

Which diff cover?

Ddays

Hooked
I posted all of them on the Rausch trip page. It’s the front cover. Just the pinch bolt is just hitting. Not a big deal but annoying.

Yeah, I just looked over on that page. Looked like a fun day. What trails did you do?

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I just looked over on that page. Looked like a fun day. What trails did you do?

We checked out the new black they cut in “Hot Rod Ridge” and spent about 2 hours there getting two of the rigs winched out. Was pretty rough.

Worked our way through Crawler Ridge so a few could get their badge. Tatas and down through 11 and out towards creek bed. Then back up and Greg and I headed over to Crawl Daddy and out.

Ddays

Hooked
We checked out the new black they cut in “Hot Rod Ridge” and spent about 2 hours there getting two of the rigs winched out. Was pretty rough.

Worked our way through Crawler Ridge so a few could get their badge. Tatas and down through 11 and out towards creek bed. Then back up and Greg and I headed over to Crawl Daddy and out.

Nice - you hit a lot for a day. Helps if you're in a small group.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Yeah. Get the control arms and track bars adjusted right. I mean if it’s an excuse to get coil overs by all means use it but you’ll still have to adjust them right.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah. They are all adjusted right. Just had it aligned at the shop. Not really sure what I could different.

A.J.

Yeah. They are all adjusted right. Just had it aligned at the shop. Not really sure what I could different.

You can get correct alignment #s and still not have lengths set right. They shouldn’t be missing the bump stops. If the axle is coming up in front of bump stops control arms are too long. If the axle is coming up behind bump stops control arms are too short. If the axles is coming up left or right of bumps track bar length is wrong. Track bar position on axle bracket comes in to play also as the arch of track bar travel can move left or right when articulated. The trick is to cycle suspension w/out springs to see where it is. Adjust lengths at full compression while keeping them equal and then adjust for caster at ride height. I hope that makes sense.

Looking at the bump stop picture you’re not too far off. If I’m seeing the picture correctly the arms are a little long. 3/4” could make all the difference. If your arms are adjustable on vehicle it won’t be that hard to correct. You won’t even need a jack. Just a tape measure an angle finder (phone app works) and appropriate wrenches.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom