Wines of the Week

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
A nice Cab with a great steak, 30 day dry aged.

Attachments

• 20180330_202051.jpg
    20180330_202051.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 20180330_200023.jpg
    20180330_200023.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 63

MTG

Caught the Bug
^ I’ve had that L&M can before and liked it. I think it’s a good value and something you can get almost anywhere.

IMG_4795.jpg

Enjoying this 2015 Napa Cellars cab tonight. Only 11 more to go of this one. Had 4 cases of wine show up at the house this week!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
How is that? I've never seen it before. Price range?

It’s actually really good. Not too oaky/dry if that’s ok with your preference. Never had it either as it’s a club wine. I’ll try to find details on price. But I didn’t pay retail. [emoji6]

JAGS

Hooked
I little disappointed as we’ve had much better Zins. This was ok, but a bit too much earth/soil on the taste for mass consumption. Kind of a bummer as it came nicely rated.

The chard was bomb though.
IMG_4716.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Spent some time with the wife doing some wine tasting on Monday. Not too far a drive is the Temecula Wine Country.

IMG_4757.jpg

IMG_4753.jpg

Some just didn’t taste right. Others were surprising good (nicely done sourced Zin). And several new varietals tried, which was really neat to taste.

Overall a nice day and didn’t come home completely empty handed.

IMG_4791.jpg

IMG_4792.jpg

Last edited:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I was very excited to pick up a case of this today for half price:

IMG_6824.jpg

$15 a bottle is a steal! So good!

JAGS

Hooked
Can’t even begin to pronounce this Italian red. 2011 Vino Nobile di Montepulciano (Sangiovese and Canaiolo blend) from POGGIO STELLA. Though a little outside my norm it is good.

IMG_4850.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Can’t even begin to pronounce this Italian red. 2011 Vino Nobile di Montepulciano (Sangiovese and Canaiolo blend) from POGGIO STELLA. Though a little outside my norm it is good.

View attachment 299371

There are two traditional wines in Tuscany...Vin Noble de Montepulciano and Brunello do Montalcino...which are the two largest hills in the region...and primarily Sangiovese grapes

JAGS

Hooked
There are two traditional wines in Tuscany...Vin Noble de Montepulciano and Brunello do Montalcino...which are the two largest hills in the region...and primarily Sangiovese grapes

I think that was on the tasting sheet, but I couldn’t find it. Lol. Being a 2011, it was a little tight at first. But let it open up for about 1.5/2 hours and it helped a lot. [emoji106][emoji485][emoji485]

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I think that was on the tasting sheet, but I couldn’t find it. Lol. Being a 2011, it was a little tight at first. But let it open up for about 1.5/2 hours and it helped a lot. [emoji106][emoji485][emoji485]

Aeration helps speed that process....

Top Bottom