From MYTH to LEGEND : The EVOlution of our Jeep Gladiator

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
LOL - with a little help, they definitely look better but bone stock and right off the show room floor, they really look funny to me. :crazyeyes:

I like the rubicon stock. It looks decent. I’m surprised how tall it is. I don’t have to jump, but definitely step up.

Can’t wait to see this build. I’m waiting on parts 🥴

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You ain’t fucking around and testing with this one. Ha ha. This is gonna be badass. Can’t wait to see the evolution!!

LOL - the JT is too similar to the JL and I can't really see the point of doing all the same things again. Essentially, we're gonna start where we left off on the JL.

That would be pretty slick! [emoji41]

I think so. Just talked to my powder coater yesterday and I think we're gonna do it. :yup:

I like the rubicon stock. It looks decent. I’m surprised how tall it is. I don’t have to jump, but definitely step up.

Can’t wait to see this build. I’m waiting on parts 🥴

Oh yeah, it's definitely a step up and in a way that I never felt in our JL Rubicon stock.

cboggs

Hmmm, bronze wheels and gladiator... Maximus or Spartacus sounds good. Cant wait for the pics!

Last edited:

VerdiJeepLife

Wheel Choice - KMC vs TR vs Other

Eddie,

You are an amazing source of knowledge and I just want to thank you for all of the education and research you provide. I can't believe you don't require a subscription for this site. It would be well worth. I am a believer in trading value returned for value given. So if I see ways to return some value to WAL, I will.

That being said, if buying one wheel brand supports WAL vs buying another brand, all else being the same, it would be a easy call.

I'm building a JT as well. Mine is also white but not paint matched roof/flares. I saw in this thread you are going with KMC and I was wondering if there is a quality / feature difference between KMC wheels and the TR brand. Any chance you could shed some light on differences between the two? why pick one over the other?

I will be going with Dynatrac’s made-in-the USA Hard Core PLUS XD60/XD60 72.5", ELocker4... and 40's but need to decide on wheels.

I also need to decide on gears. With the JT being so new, I don't know how much data is out there on which gears are best. Would you recommend going 4.88, 5.13 or 5.38 for the JT on these axles? UPDATE: Dynatrac recommends 5.13 or 5.38, I'm probably going with the lower range gears.

FYI, I haven't figured out the lift yet and I'm sort of waiting to see the data and results and feedback from the JLX/JTX.

Anyway, Thanks again for doing what you do. Please don't be shy about letting me know any codes to use as I'm going to be spending some hard earned coin and I think you have already earned the right to any affiliations that will support WAL.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Spent some time today getting our Gladiator ready for big things to come. First and foremost, I added a couple of stickers that reflect where we'll be taking it. :cool:

20190911200224-caeceb9a-me.jpg

20190911200241-247d0875-me.jpg

Second, we picked up our new KMC Machetes from powder coat and this is what they look like now :thumb:

20190911200252-c8817918-me.jpg

20190911200257-f5d3bdb7-me.jpg

Can't wait to get these mounted up on a set of 40" Trail Grapplers :cool:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This thread is boring!!

Show me one tons and roof top tents. Lol

Wheels look sweer!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - thanks guys! Glad you like how the wheels came out. We had debated whether or not to do this being that we really like them raw and shiny but now we're super glad we did it. I think they'll look awesome once mounted and installed. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is boring!!

Show me one tons and roof top tents. Lol

Wheels look sweer!

Should see some 1-tons next week. Roof top tent - not 100% sure on what we're gonna do with that yet. I know we need to figure this out sooner than later though. :crazyeyes:

Exodus 4x4

Spent some time today getting our Gladiator ready for big things to come. First and foremost, I added a couple of stickers that reflect where we'll be taking it. :cool:

20190911200224-caeceb9a-me.jpg

20190911200241-247d0875-me.jpg

Second, we picked up our new KMC Machetes from powder coat and this is what they look like now :thumb:

20190911200252-c8817918-me.jpg

20190911200257-f5d3bdb7-me.jpg

Can't wait to get these mounted up on a set of 40" Trail Grapplers :cool:

Oh man, I’m diggin’ it!! Awesome color choice guys!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom