EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

rubiDave

Sadly, I'm going to have to bow out. This is an epic trip and I've really been trying to make it work, but the world's been conspiring against it. I've been busting my ass the last 4 months getting a place bought and ready for my mother in law to move closer to us now that she's widowed. Move day is supposed to be next week, but now that we're here, we see she has so much shit to sort through and pack that may be pushed back. Then need to help get settled, get her old place listed for sale, etc. Just can't commit to being gone for a week right now.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Sorry to hear that you can't make it Dave.

I hope things go well getting your mother relocated. I did the same thing a couple of years ago, and it is a big undertaking.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Sadly, I'm going to have to bow out. This is an epic trip and I've really been trying to make it work, but the world's been conspiring against it. I've been busting my ass the last 4 months getting a place bought and ready for my mother in law to move closer to us now that she's widowed. Move day is supposed to be next week, but now that we're here, we see she has so much shit to sort through and pack that may be pushed back. Then need to help get settled, get her old place listed for sale, etc. Just can't commit to being gone for a week right now.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Another time Dave, this won’t be the last one of these runs, just the first!

Next time!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

J&k_Overland

Thinking of running Top of the world and something else fairly easy on day one just to make sure all is working correctly. Testing time has been very limited

jdofmemi

21 Jeeps confirmed. We’ll probably break into 2-3 groups from there.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I hope we don't loose any more.

21 will be good to do maybe three groups of 6 to 8 rigs each and hit a wide variety of trails.

I'm feeling like I have short timers disease, hard to get much work done while thinking and planning for this trip 👍

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Alright guys, insurance is done. The bad news is the policy was double the cost compared to what the policy historically has been. Apparently we are the first event policy issues this year and the underwriters were hesitant to even write the policy in the current COVID-19 scenario. Attached is the quote and receipt of payment. Once we know the total count of rigs we will need to divide that across the rigs.

Attachments

• 56D09F41-725E-443F-8910-61397880C862.jpg
    56D09F41-725E-443F-8910-61397880C862.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 6AE7935F-3F03-4870-8212-18E68F34A124.jpg
    6AE7935F-3F03-4870-8212-18E68F34A124.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 78

MericaMade

Im not opposed to paying if that is what we have to do, but how the hell would anyone but us know we are a group or even together? What happens if a random person wants to roll with us? Do we say, na dawg, you need to pay for insurance first?

Is there a link or something I can go read to get a better understanding of this? Please, excuse my ignorance on this topic.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Unfortunately my "TBD" is going to be an out. I'm super bummed.

And just read the thing about the insurance. I am happy to chip in for my part. Feel bad waiting till the last minute to back out.

Last edited:

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Im not opposed to paying if that is what we have to do, but how the hell would anyone but us know we are a group or even together? What happens if a random person wants to roll with us? Do we say, na dawg, you need to pay for insurance first?

Is there a link or something I can go read to get a better understanding of this? Please, excuse my ignorance on this topic.

In order to get the BLM permit you are required to have the insurance. We were required to get the BLM permit because of our numbers. At the beginning of all of this Eddie had warned us that the permit was needed as well. It sucks and I’m sorry to be the messenger here on this.

We discussed the “roll the dice” idea but considering all of us are plastered with stickers representing the forum we agreed it wasn’t a great idea. Not to mention they are aware we are coming and have been since back in December when we started the conversation with them.

MericaMade

In order to get the BLM permit you are required to have the insurance. We were required to get the BLM permit because of our numbers. At the beginning of all of this Eddie had warned us that the permit was needed as well. It sucks and I’m sorry to be the messenger here on this.

We discussed the “roll the dice” idea but considering all of us are plastered with stickers representing the forum we agreed it wasn’t a great idea. Not to mention they are aware we are coming and have been since back in December when we started the conversation with them.

O yeah, I forgot about the rolling advertisements we are. No need to apologize, I just wasn't connecting the dots. I'm reading something now about permits and BLM.

Thanks for doing this, I can only imagine how tedious this might have been.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
O yeah, I forgot about the rolling advertisements we are. No need to apologize, I just wasn't connecting the dots. I'm reading something now about permits and BLM.

Thanks for doing this, I can only imagine how tedious this might have been.

All good man. Happy to help pull this together. I just want to get the damn show on the road!

Top Bottom