EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

wjtstudios

Hooked
All good man. Happy to help pull this together. I just want to get the damn show on the road!

O yeah, I forgot about the rolling advertisements we are. No need to apologize, I just wasn't connecting the dots. I'm reading something now about permits and BLM.

Thanks for doing this, I can only imagine how tedious this might have been.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Here’s the permit incase there are any questions. But like a Jeff said, we’re a walking billboard so we need to play by the rules.

IMG_3988.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Thanks for doing all that!

May I ask what the cut off is in number of rigs before it is required?

It’s not defined but determined by the field office. Since we are an organized group we fall under the requirement.

Attachments

• 970F2982-EC94-4704-B983-09380A908DE3.jpg
    970F2982-EC94-4704-B983-09380A908DE3.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 81

jdofmemi

Alright guys, insurance is done. The bad news is the policy was double the cost compared to what the policy historically has been. Apparently we are the first event policy issues this year and the underwriters were hesitant to even write the policy in the current COVID-19 scenario. Attached is the quote and receipt of payment. Once we know the total count of rigs we will need to divide that across the rigs.

I guess we should feel special that we even got one this year with all the BS.

Many thanks to Jeff for pulling this together, and paying for it up front on all of our behalf 👍👍👍.

On the bright side, it looks like it even covers our rental places if I read correctly.

Let's just hope we don't have to put it to use for any reason.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
$1600 seems like a big number but spread out amongst 20 -25 people the cost is reasonable IMHO. Today is my last full day of work. I start the trip back home tomorrow. Looking forward to this epic trip!

Quick question: How many are staying at the Moab KOA?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
$1600 seems like a big number but spread out amongst 20 -25 people the cost is reasonable IMHO. Today is my last full day of work. I start the trip back home tomorrow. Looking forward to this epic trip!

I know Ric (19YJ94) is. I’m not sure who else.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

nbunga

Caught the Bug

I’m staying there for 2 nights until my wife and daughter show up, then we’ll move over to a condo.

bmkrinne

Thinking of running Top of the world and something else fairly easy on day one just to make sure all is working correctly. Testing time has been very limited

Yeah, mine is still not completely back together yet. Waiting on more parts. Time is seriously running out!

IMG_0333.jpg

J&k_Overland

Yeah, mine is still not completely back together yet. Waiting on more parts. Time is seriously running out!

True story mines going in Thursday to get a few details ironed out. Gonna weld limiting straps to the front axle before I load it on the trailer. Been so busy getting the step sons ready mine fell by the wayside.

bmkrinne

I think I’ll have it back together Sunday hopefully. Then challenge is to put 500 miles on it in 20 mile increments. 20 miles to work, 20 at lunch, 20 miles home and 20 before bed, 80 miles a day... gonna be close!!! Fingers crossed

Top of the World!

bmkrinne

BTW, just booked a room in Ouray for the 6th and 7th. Would like to run Black Bear and imogene on the 7th before we head back east.

Top Bottom