EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

Two weeks from today we will be on the trail in Moab! Down to the wire now

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Can not wait. 3 attempts to get a front diff to seal and finally success. New low pressure hose from the PSC reservoir in (air box fits now!). Long arms and rear bumps to go!!

Can not wait. 3 attempts to get a front diff to seal and finally success. New low pressure hose from the PSC reservoir in (air box fits now!). Long arms and rear bumps to go!!

Such a pain, glad you got it to hold! Almost there

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

As we are getting closer let’s get the comms lined up with everyone. I’ve had the best success running GMRS radios or race radios & Baofeng handhelds. So we can have those talk to each other, those with Race Radios, can you program the following GMRS frequencies into you radios:

Channel 19 GMRS freq is 462.650

Channel 20 GMRS freq is 462.675

Channel 21 GMRS freq is 462.700

I will have 4 GMRS radios to hand out during the day each day, and I believe Ddays has a couple too. If you are familiar with the programming process. Can you post that up to help those with the race radios or Baofeng handhelds.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

As we are getting closer let’s get the comms lined up with everyone. I’ve had the best success running GMRS radios or race radios & Baofeng handhelds. So we can have those talk to each other, those with Race Radios, can you program the following GMRS frequencies into you radios:

I will have 4 GMRS radios to hand out during the day each day, and I believe Ddays has a couple too. If you are familiar with the programming process. Can you post that up to help those with the race radios or Baofeng handhelds.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I'll have 2 extras to hand out. :thumb:

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Did you get the radio configurations I sent you? I have one Baofeng handheld to lend out if needed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

For the beer drinkers going, what do you guys think about having a couple beer exchange nights where we bring a 4 or 6 pack of your favorite local brew to swap out and enjoy? Heavy emphasis on LOCAL. I know there are breweries that are strictly local distribution so finding them elsewhere is impossible. One night in Moab and one in CO? Course I'm open to more than that too!

For the beer drinkers going, what do you guys think about having a couple beer exchange nights where we bring a 4 or 6 pack of your favorite local brew to swap out and enjoy? Heavy emphasis on LOCAL. I know there are breweries that are strictly local distribution so finding them elsewhere is impossible. One night in Moab and one in CO? Course I'm open to more than that too!

I’d be game

Just FYI, the beer available for purchase at grocery stores in Utah is 3.2%. You need to go to a special liquor store to get the real stuff. There is one in Moab. It’s fairly expensive. If you have room, bring real beer from out of state.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Sounds like a great idea to me

Just FYI, the beer available for purchase at grocery stores in Utah is 3.2%. You need to go to a special liquor store to get the real stuff. There is one in Moab. It’s fairly expensive. If you have room, bring real beer from out of state.

I remember that from my trips to SLC. Think you can get the real stuff at the breweries? Good call though I wouldn't have thought to mention that.

I remember that from my trips to SLC. Think you can get the real stuff at the breweries? Good call though I wouldn't have thought to mention that.

As I recall you can get takeaway beer from Moab brewery that’s more than 3.2%.

Top Bottom