WAYALIFE New Year's Kick Off Run 2019 - SIGN UP

Exodus 4x4

I just had a new long block, so I pulled all the accessories off the block first, pulled the motor and swapped the harness while it was out. New transmission and motor went back in one piece.

It’s an 18 motor with less than 10 miles on it. Hopefully Jeep did some internal updates.

Oh well yeah then it’s brand new anyways. Sadly, I don’t think they made any changes to the rocker arms, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just had a new long block, so I pulled all the accessories off the block first, pulled the motor and swapped the harness while it was out. New transmission and motor went back in one piece.

It’s an 18 motor with less than 10 miles on it. Hopefully Jeep did some internal updates.

Baddass!!! Great job. This will be my life soon. Trying to get my 14 to last another 50k before I have to do mine. She’s got 155k now. Crossing fingers and being gentle.

jjlong

Eddie, I've read the instructions and we're all set.
Also, we'll be on Friday's run and we're on the list. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Final prep is all done. Decided to clean it up and take the high speed to it to get all the scratches out. Tony can’t have the only Jeep with fresh wax on it this trip!
IMG_0416.jpg
IMG_0417.jpg
And just as I pulled it out of the garage Mother Nature kicked me in the balls.
IMG_0419.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
Final prep is all done. Decided to clean it up and take the high speed to it to get all the scratches out. Tony can’t have the only Jeep with fresh wax on it this trip!
View attachment 317973
View attachment 317974
And just as I pulled it out of the garage Mother Nature kicked me in the balls.
View attachment 317975
Haha. Murphy and Mother Nature seem to work together.

Getting my CB operational was my priority. On to the easy stuff now. I need to rotate the tires, grease the rear drive shaft, and I'm hoping to swap in 4" plush rides. If I have time I want to buff out my drivers side door that I put holograms in last year messing around with polishing compound.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Haha. Murphy and Mother Nature seem to work together.

Getting my CB operational was my priority. On to the easy stuff now. I need to rotate the tires, grease the rear drive shaft, and I'm hoping to swap in 4" plush rides. If I have time I want to buff out my drivers side door that I put holograms in last year messing around with polishing compound.

I had some stuff that I’d been putting off and I’m glad I caught some of them today. Otherwise I’d be “that guy” during the run that everyone has to wait for.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Think I got the CB figured out finally. Just tried grounding it to the bracket vs. directly where the antenna mount and I got an SWR of 1.1 on Ch1 and 1.4 on Ch40. I'm going to button it all up and see what happens then see if I need a tune

Right on!! :rock:

jesse3638

Hooked
Right on!! :rock:
Went out to the desert a few mins from my house to do the final tune. After all was said and done I got an SWR of 1.25 on Ch. 1 and Ch. 40 and a bit lower on Ch. 16 and 20. Hopefully it works as I had no one to talk to. I was picking up some truckers from the freeway while scanning...haha.

Went out to the desert a few mins from my house to do the final tune. After all was said and done I got an SWR of 1.25 on Ch. 1 and Ch. 40 and a bit lower on Ch. 16 and 20. Hopefully it works as I had no one to talk to. I was picking up some truckers from the freeway while scanning...haha.

It’s only taken you a year and a half 🤨

JeepFan

Hooked
It’s alive, I need to button some things up for the test drive. Sounds good though

Looks like you spent all of 0 minutes cleaning the engine compartment before installing the new motor. :doh: Or, is this the old motor still in the Jeep? :thinking:

Top Bottom