Dynatrac ProRock 44 or G2 Core 44?

BLK HULK

Running Currie Rockjock D60's done by G2 from 4 wheel parts. No issues!!!:clap2:

Just do some research and find the one that suits you best. Either way your getting an upgrade over stock. I know its a lot more money but if you ever wanna run a bigger tire the 60 might be a better option rather than doing it twice.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Running Currie Rockjock D60's done by G2 from 4 wheel parts. No issues!!!:clap2:

Just do some research and find the one that suits you best. Either way your getting an upgrade over stock. I know its a lot more money but if you ever wanna run a bigger tire the 60 might be a better option rather than doing it twice.

In all fairness, I think it's important to note that you're from Canada. None of you guys run Dynatrac due to your government tacking on a significant cost on them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's why I'm here! You all have offered great arguments in favor of the ProRock! I think the D60 would be great, but I really want this sooner than later; guess my parents were right. Thank you all for keeping me on track!

Honestly, unless you're planning on running 40's, there's really no need for a 60.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is what I paid for my front, How much is the Dynatrac in comparison? I tried to look but no numbers online.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Drivetra...?t_c=12&t_s=475&t_pt=7572&t_pn=G/2JKRJF538ARB

Funny, I don't know if I said I cared. I just pointed out that none of you guys up in Canada run Dynatrac and because of how much your government tacks onto the cost. At least, that's what all the Canadians I know have told me and to this day, I don't know of a single Canadian with a Dynatrac. :idontknow:

BLK HULK

Funny, I don't know if I said I cared. I just pointed out that none of you guys up in Canada run Dynatrac and because of how much your government tacks onto the cost. At least, that's what all the Canadians I know have told me and to this day, I don't know of a single Canadian with a Dynatrac. :idontknow:

You try way to hard to be rude to me.... mabe it's a Canadian thing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You try way to hard to be rude to me.... mabe it's a Canadian thing.

:cheesy: You try way "too" hard to get your panties in a bunch... I'd say "maybe" it's just a Canadian thing but I think really, it's just you. :yup:

jeeeep

Hooked

metalic

Chinese shit or American made??

Ummmm

They claim the G2 core 44 housing is made in California.

I'm running the G2 with 35 spline ARB and Placer shafts. I priced Currie and Dynatrac also but opted for G2. Price played a big part buy mainly because the shop I bought it has built stock rubi 44's and done PR44 and I received the guinea pig pricing for the core 44. I like it and have had zero issues on 37s. Our JKU isn't a DD it's a play toy that gets beat on every chance we get but I know others beat there rigs harder than mine. I would recommend it to anyone but would also recommend a PR44 from every great thing I've read about them.

Last edited:

DemCoconuts

In all fairness, I think it's important to note that you're from Canada. None of you guys run Dynatrac due to your government tacking on a significant cost on them.

It's true, uncommon to see Dynatrac up here. Seems like we can get the housings through 4WP for a fair price though. I'm starting to lean that way for the long term.

The Core 44 is really pushed here in Canada, yet you never hear anything about it.

Slavens

Caught the Bug
With a wife and young kids I'm always budget minded and still just saved a little more and bought the PR44. It's so solid I have absolutely no worries when I push the limits and if there is breakage I'm secure in knowing Dynatrac has a fantastic warranty. Just my 2Cents

vitodivita

I read an overwhelming amount of positive reviews on the pro rock 44. The only people that complained were concerned about the price and were folks who did junkyard 60 builds. Good for those people, but some people want a straight forward upgrade.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about the flimsy Dana 30 and now have an arb equipped pro rock 44 up front and 37's. The build quality is outstanding and if it's a matter of $1000 price gap or whatever it is, it's worth it and I'm sure one could sacrifice a light bar here and there to spend the money on the right things...

Jeep2010

I have a G2 44 up front on my jk sport and I love it. I have a 5 year unlimited mile warranty to replace anything that breaks no questions asked with them. I had to pay 750 extra for it. I know some are loyal to brands but mine came down to price and hassle. I would say look at both and price both. I've heard of PR going for as low as 5500? (Correct me if I'm wrong on that) but I got quoted over 7k for it. With everything else I was doing I couldn't afford it at the time.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a G2 44 up front on my jk sport and I love it. I have a 5 year unlimited mile warranty to replace anything that breaks no questions asked with them. I had to pay 750 extra for it. I know some are loyal to brands but mine came down to price and hassle. I would say look at both and price both. I've heard of PR going for as low as 5500? (Correct me if I'm wrong on that) but I got quoted over 7k for it. With everything else I was doing I couldn't afford it at the time.

$7000 for a PR44? You're high.

And you actually bought an axle that you had to pay extra for a warranty?? That really shows said company has faith in there product.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a G2 44 up front on my jk sport and I love it.

That's cool that you "love" something that you chose to buy. I mean, it would totally suck to spend thousands of dollars on something that you didn't. But, saying that you "love" something you chose to buy is a far cry from the invaluable "trail experience" the OP was asking for or at least, in my opinion.

I have a 5 year unlimited mile warranty to replace anything that breaks no questions asked with them. I had to pay 750 extra for it.

Maybe it's just me but, the best warranty is the one you never have to use let alone have to pay for extra but again, that's just me.

I know some are loyal to brands but mine came down to price and hassle.

You'll forgive me but you don't need brand loyalty to want to buy something that's been proven to work and be the best time and time again. And, when you buy the best, it comes at a price. Everything else is just cheaper.

I would say look at both and price both. I've heard of PR going for as low as 5500? (Correct me if I'm wrong on that) but I got quoted over 7k for it. With everything else I was doing I couldn't afford it at the time.

To be fair, you also got quoted and sold on a $750 warranty on an axle that's "supposed" to be as good as a ProRock. Also, if I got quoted $7k for a ProRock, I would have looked for a different vendor to buy from but hey, that's just me.

Top Bottom