The Build and Adventures of Bearbait

Brute

Hooked
How's the snowpack over there? We have been cold and dry, just started getting snow w/ the last storm that came through. I'm planning on headin to your neck of the woods to do some shed hunting hear in a 5-6 weeks!

How do you field dress a shed?...

Jsouder53

Hooked
How's the snowpack over there? We have been cold and dry, just started getting snow w/ the last storm that came through. I'm planning on headin to your neck of the woods to do some shed hunting hear in a 5-6 weeks!

The snowpack is pretty good! Just recently had some great snow falls. That’s awesome, hit me up when you get over this way!

Jsouder53

Hooked
So being in Montana and not having a garage or a driveway, simple tasks such as my weekly vacuuming gets put off longer and longer during the winter... (I haven’t vacuumed in a couple months) having 4 dogs and 2 of which being huskies, hair gets everywhere! These pictures are after I vacuumed [emoji51] Image1550201849.404125.jpg Image1550201866.779014.jpg
So my question is, does anyone have a special trick to get the hair out of the carpets lol if not I’ll just vacuum longer [emoji23]

WJCO

Meme King
So being in Montana and not having a garage or a driveway, simple tasks such as my weekly vacuuming gets put off longer and longer during the winter... (I haven’t vacuumed in a couple months) having 4 dogs and 2 of which being huskies, hair gets everywhere! These pictures are after I vacuumed [emoji51]
So my question is, does anyone have a special trick to get the hair out of the carpets lol if not I’ll just vacuum longer [emoji23]

We have one of these and have had it for at least ten years. Works great.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lot-of-2...air-Remover-Dust-Clothing-Furniture/136019060

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks! I’ll try both of these tomorrow. We certainly have plenty of lint rollers lying around the house!

Lint roller won’t do shit. We have a husky/GS mix and usually have good luck with a vacuum but the brush will pull the hair out. We also usually hit ours weekly if the dogs been in the Jeeps. And we have a seat cover for the back seat which works wonders.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Pumice stones work great. When I detailed cars often times that was the only thing that would make it bearable. Just watch out for plastic trim.
You can pick them up at most hardware stores.
IMG_1674.JPG

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Lint roller won’t do shit. We have a husky/GS mix and usually have good luck with a vacuum but the brush will pull the hair out. We also usually hit ours weekly if the dogs been in the Jeeps. And we have a seat cover for the back seat which works wonders.

Haha okay, I’ve got several different brushes I can try. We have a seat cover as well, wouldn’t let the dogs back there without it lol it’s almost time for replacement...

Pumice stones work great. When I detailed cars often times that was the only thing that would make it bearable. Just watch out for plastic trim.
You can pick them up at most hardware stores.

I wouldn’t have expected to hear that lol so you just rub the stone on the carpet?

Haha okay, I’ve got several different brushes I can try. We have a seat cover as well, wouldn’t let the dogs back there without it lol it’s almost time for replacement...

I wouldn’t have expected to hear that lol so you just rub the stone on the carpet?

Yeah pretty much. Some detail supply companies sell them for a stupid amount of money. But really, you can just buy them at a hardware store. I keep one in my Jeep during the summers when my dogs really shed a lot.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I have a German shepherd that gets hair everywhere. I use the car wash wet brush by the vacuums. Just rotate in a circle, peel the nasty hear out with your fingers and repeat. Takes some time but I've always been happy at the end.

Jsouder53

Hooked

Thanks again for the tip on the brush! It worked great! Got about 80% out.

Yeah pretty much. Some detail supply companies sell them for a stupid amount of money. But really, you can just buy them at a hardware store. I keep one in my Jeep during the summers when my dogs really shed a lot.

I’ll have to give that a try one day! I’m interested to see how it works!

I have a German shepherd that gets hair everywhere. I use the car wash wet brush by the vacuums. Just rotate in a circle, peel the nasty hear out with your fingers and repeat. Takes some time but I've always been happy at the end.

That would be even better, I had a nylon brush from my ski tuning kit that worked well but a vacuum attachment would be awesome.

Top Bottom