Napalm's NEW 2014 Jeep JKU Sport Picture diary/Build thread!

Napalm

Met up with KalebD today and got Onyx and NightCrawler together for some work on our Jeeps. I had some extra Rubicon springs from PepeLucas. I didn't have use for them, so we decided to put them on NightCrawler. We also did some work to Onyx, installing Synergy Front 3/4 coil spacers(to compensate for the weight of the winch) ARB Shackles, and a Smittybilt XRC 9500k winch.

Now most of you will ask why I went with this winch. Yes, it's made in China, and yes, it's Smittybilt. But out of the three in my price range(Viper, Quadratec, Smittybilt) this one had the highest rated winch motor and got the best reviews. And I can also say now that after a few test runs, this winch will pull like crazy.

And another thing, due to a missing part from EVO for the fairlead, I wasn't able to get the fairlead installed. Spoke with Drew though, and he fixed me up, so hopefully I'll have one soon. Until then, I just won't be using it.

Before we threw on the winch, we decided to take a picture of Onyx with just the Synergy spacers and EVO plush rides. This combo together results in about a 2.5 inch lift , it was huge.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433365870.793882.jpg

Got everything finished, tested and working great.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433365961.561320.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433365994.285930.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433366035.446639.jpg

A few shots of Onyx and NightCrawler together.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433366080.949941.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433366105.839137.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433366140.663986.jpg

A shot of NightCrawler with his rubicon front springs and his new TrekTop NX. All said and done, we netted about a half an inch with the different coils.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433366226.350398.jpg

And a shot of Onyx with yes, Her new hardtop. I had been considering making the switch back to a hardtop for awhile now, and KalebD came over okay with making a trade.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433366358.958295.jpg

All in all, a great day of modifying and playing with our Jeeps. Nothing better! The small amount I've tried to winch just to test the motor and connections, it works great and I can't wait to get out and test it even more. Hopefully I'll be able to get the fairlead mounted soon!

Napalm

The decided build sheet has been made for the first stage of our build. Hopefully this will be completed within the next month or 3.

Rubicon wheels & tires
Smittybilt Stinger bumper w/LEDs and a winch.
Leveling kit
CB radio
Any extra I'll get some truck-lite LEDs.

Excited! View attachment 91656

Going back in time a bit, after today's installs phase one of Onyx's build has been completed. And I must say, I'm greatly please with the results!

KalebD

Met up with KalebD today and got Onyx and NightCrawler together for some work on our Jeeps. I had some extra Rubicon springs from PepeLucas. I didn't have use for them, so we decided to put them on NightCrawler. We also did some work to Onyx, installing Synergy Front 3/4 coil spacers(to compensate for the weight of the winch) ARB Shackles, and a Smittybilt XRC 9500k winch.

Now most of you will ask why I went with this winch. Yes, it's made in China, and yes, it's Smittybilt. But out of the three in my price range(Viper, Quadratec, Smittybilt) this one had the highest rated winch motor and got the best reviews. And I can also say now that after a few test runs, this winch will pull like crazy.

And another thing, due to a missing part from EVO for the fairlead, I wasn't able to get the fairlead installed. Spoke with Drew though, and he fixed me up, so hopefully I'll have one soon. Until then, I just won't be using it.

Before we threw on the winch, we decided to take a picture of Onyx with just the Synergy spacers and EVO plush rides. This combo together results in about a 2.5 inch lift , it was huge.
View attachment 146996

Got everything finished, tested and working great.
View attachment 146997
View attachment 146998
View attachment 146999

A few shots of Onyx and NightCrawler together.
View attachment 147000
View attachment 147001
View attachment 147002

A shot of NightCrawler with his rubicon front springs and his new TrekTop NX. All said and done, we netted about a half an inch with the different coils.
View attachment 147003

And a shot of Onyx with yes, Her new hardtop. I had been considering making the switch back to a hardtop for awhile now, and KalebD came over okay with making a trade.
View attachment 147004

All in all, a great day of modifying and playing with our Jeeps. Nothing better! The small amount I've tried to winch just to test the motor and connections, it works great and I can't wait to get out and test it even more. Hopefully I'll be able to get the fairlead mounted soon!

Had a great time today man! Got alot done and thanks a ton for the springs I think I'm really going to like them and I don't know if you'll be able to have the top back ;)
Besides the hard top looks so much better on yours lol!! Look forward to the next install day! Guess I'll have to order some parts now

Napalm

Had a great time today man! Got alot done and thanks a ton for the springs I think I'm really going to like them and I don't know if you'll be able to have the top back ;)
Besides the hard top looks so much better on yours lol!! Look forward to the next install day! Guess I'll have to order some parts now

I will say, I do love the look of the hardtop!!

Top Bottom