Napalm's NEW 2014 Jeep JKU Sport Picture diary/Build thread!

Napalm

Hope that jog plate comes in monday! I'd have a hard time not tackling the UPS guy when he drives by lol

I know!!! I can't wait to get the fairlead mounted up and test this thing out. We should take it out to the land and get it stuck! LoL!

Napalm

About a year ago, I posted some pictures of Onyx with this Huey helicopter when it had just arrived in Bullard, TX. It has since been mounted, and is on display at the American Freedom Museum. Today, I was finally able to catch the gates open with no one in the parking lot to get a few new pictures with it.

Plus, I love showing off Onyx when she is Naked. I have the whole week off so staying this way until at least Saturday.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433778649.209919.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433778686.946321.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433778710.663345.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433778734.461360.jpg

Napalm

Onyx is now in the Jeep hospital. This morning 3 studs stripped straight off the spacer going down the road.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433858382.835912.jpg

Napalm

While driving to the gym this morning, making a turn I heard a loud crunching sound. After a visual inspection, I found that 3/5 lugs on my spacer had sheered completely off the spacer. The two lugs left holding the wheel on, were super loose. Luckily, I had my TQ wrench with me, tightened it down and was able to baby it to the tire shop right down the street. They were able to remove the spacer but it's completely toast.

Luckily this did not happen on the highway, because probably just a few more miles down the road, I would have lost the wheel completely and went nose down.

So, after this near horror, my wife and I have discussed our options and have opted to instead of run spacers, purchase a new set of wheels for the Jeep.

Instead of buying a set of cheap wheels, I spent the extra money money and purchased my dream wheels for Onyx that id planned on running in the future.

Now this was a stage 3 upgrade, but due to the events of this morning, we've moved it up.

Discount Tire will (fingers crossed) have the wheels Friday. They will be mounted, balanced, and looking good :)

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Holy shit! Glad to hear that it didn't turn into a bad accident.
And congrats on the new wheels.

KalebD

While driving to the gym this morning, making a turn I heard a loud crunching sound. After a visual inspection, I found that 3/5 lugs on my spacer had sheered completely off the spacer. The two lugs left holding the wheel on, were super loose. Luckily, I had my TQ wrench with me, tightened it down and was able to baby it to the tire shop right down the street. They were able to remove the spacer but it's completely toast.

Luckily this did not happen on the highway, because probably just a few more miles down the road, I would have lost the wheel completely and went nose down.

So, after this near horror, my wife and I have discussed our options and have opted to instead of run spacers, purchase a new set of wheels for the Jeep.

Instead of buying a set of cheap wheels, I spent the extra money money and purchased my dream wheels for Onyx that id planned on running in the future.

Now this was a stage 3 upgrade, but due to the events of this morning, we've moved it up.

Discount Tire will (fingers crossed) have the wheels Friday. They will be mounted, balanced, and looking good :)

Can't wait to see it!!!

Jackal01

Hmm....no phases listed so we don't know what you're getting.

So many wheels...so many options. :thinking: :idontknow:

REKLESS-RED

sucks on the spacers...glad everyone was unharmed though. and you get a new set of wheels on it! Any hints? ATX slabs? :thumb::thumb:

Spudcannons

That sounds intense! Glad no one was hurt. I thought spacers were stronger. Is there some kind of warranty against braking/ cover your damages since it was their products fault?

Top Bottom