Rubicon Trail - September 17 -20, 2017

Kenthejeepguy

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I've bashed the stockers quite a bit in the past and based on what I'm hearing I should be ok. My bigger fear is oil pan/tranny and I'll have those armored up by next weekend. Let's do this!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I punctured my oil pan on Slick Rock a couple years ago. What a sick feeling watching all your oil drain out! It's covered now with a steel plate, but not the tranny yet [emoji50]. Also after seeing broken axle housings on-line, I'm planning some add-on gussets soon, but not before this trip... Oh well, here we go anyway!

Renzo1200

I punctured my oil pan on Slick Rock a couple years ago. What a sick feeling watching all your oil drain out! It's covered now with a steel plate, but not the tranny yet [emoji50]. Also after seeing broken axle housings on-line, I'm planning some add-on gussets soon, but not before this trip... Oh well, here we go anyway!

I've seen a lot of those online as well as broken shafts. Anyone bringing spare OEM Rubi shafts?

Desert Crawler

I am leaving town tomorrow night/Thursday morning for some camping and fishing. I will be out of cell service for most of my time and driving to camp near the staging area on Sunday night. I just wanted to make sure we were still on for this group run.

Mizippi

Let's do a quick roll call!

My 2 keeps are in. We will be camping Sunday night and will meet up with everyone at the trail head at 8am Monday.

My jeep for reference:

IMG_3973.jpg

2007 2WD (upgrades: Hemi, Atlas, 1 Tons, 40s, etc)

Desert Crawler

I will be camping at Loon or somewhere up Ice House Rd. Will meet up at the kiosk on the spillway at 8 AM Monday if I don't see you before then. I talked to BattleBornJK earlier today and he isn't going to make it. My jeep. IMG_1212.JPG

Renzo1200

It's coming down to the 11th hour, but things are looking good. Plan is to leave SoCal Sunday morning. Just need to find a place to camp Sun night. Also if anyone wants to caravan, LMK

Desert Crawler

There has been thunderstorms every afternoon the last few days. Last I heard there is less of a chance for thunderstorms, but cooler temps. With our schedule we should be done wheeling for the day if there are thunderstorms, but it might get camp a lil wet.

Top Bottom