Rubicon Trail - September 17 -20, 2017

Seth

I am interested and following this thread. Can't commit just yet. Has anyone in this group run the Rubicon before?

Buster3479

Put us as tentative. If I can get our rig reliably ready in time, we'll find a way to be there. I might need those extra days to prep for the Exodus. Will confirm in a few weeks based on progress.

kentuckianajk

a quick couple of questions as I plan for this trip.
Do you plan to stay in the staging area the night of the 17th or someplace in Georgetown or Placerville?
Do you know of anyplace to store doors while on the trail?

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mizippi

We are on our own on the 17th. I am hoping to make it there in time to start at wentworth and stay near Loon Lake.

I would suggest at least starting in georgetown (as I am told that's the original start of the trail)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
Thanks this looks like a good spot for the night

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

MAKE SURE!!!! You get gas in GeorgeTown
You Will Loose cell reception around 10minutes out. When you get to the tee 30-45min out of town go left. This camp site will be on the left hand side 6ish miles from the tee. You will pass the street that takes you to loon lake and the entrance to the Rubicon on the right hand side at 1.2ish mile. Sign will be well marked

IMG_3367.jpg

Last edited:

Kenthejeepguy

RE: extra fuel... I'm thinking for my 2011jk I don't need extra gas along, but for my '60 cj I better pack an extra 5 gal Jerry can of petrol. Any suggestions? Am I planning right?

fiend

Caught the Bug
RE: extra fuel... I'm thinking for my 2011jk I don't need extra gas along, but for my '60 cj I better pack an extra 5 gal Jerry can of petrol. Any suggestions? Am I planning right?

How many miles between gas stations? I have the impression that it's not a lot. That said, if I go, I will fill up my auxiliary fuel carrier, which holds 12 gallons.

Crystaliner

How many miles between gas stations? I have the impression that it's not a lot. That said, if I go, I will fill up my auxiliary fuel carrier, which holds 12 gallons.

JKs will be fine with one tank of gas if you fill up in George Town. Not sure about CJs or TJs

There is a close mom and pop gas station when you pull into Lake Tahoe

I went through a 1/4 tank getting to the Rubicon from George Town to the campsite then backtrack to Loon Lake

IMG_3492.jpg

Last edited:

Crystaliner

Still interested In this trip. Checking with my copilot. Hoping to confirm this week.

Ha...if your co pilot is your daughter. She might like hunting crawdads. My boys caught 86 and had a blast.
Bring some bacon or sausage and fishing line. 2nd waterhole from the big waterhole with the rope swing.

Note, no hooks...just wrap the line around the 🥓 the crawdads are so greedy they won't let go.

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Ha...if your co pilot is your daughter. She might like hunting crawdads. My boys caught 86 and had a blast.
Bring some bacon or sausage and fishing line. 2nd waterhole from the big waterhole with the rope swing.

I wish but she will be in school. Maybe my brother. He could hunt crawdads too. Did you eat them?

Top Bottom