Cut Fender Thread

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I cut mine freehand with a Dremel. Could look better by cleaning up the cuts. Dremel melts the plastic and leaves a rough cut. Whats the tip to getting the door edge trim to stick? For the life of me, I couldn't get it to stick on mine. Used it on my '08 JK with no problems though. Stuff flew off on the highway. Looked good with the door edge trim, but in the one pic you can see how the rough cut looks like crap.

View attachment 215200

IMG_5715.jpg

IMG_5702.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5720.jpg
    IMG_5720.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 378

USMC Wrangler

Are those 33s with no changes to suspension? I have a 2.5 BB installed and don't want to look like a roller skate if I trim my fenders and still have 33s.

I have the EVO leveling kit in both pics, if that helps. I was also running 1.5" Spidertrax (now for sale in the proper section here on WAL). The 33's looked ok to me and better with the wider stance. Of course the 35's are completely better.

Nice! The 35s look great[emoji106]🏻

Thanks! Loving them!

tiecka533

I cut mine freehand with a Dremel. Could look better by cleaning up the cuts. Dremel melts the plastic and leaves a rough cut. Whats the tip to getting the door edge trim to stick? For the life of me, I couldn't get it to stick on mine. Used it on my '08 JK with no problems though. Stuff flew off on the highway. Looked good with the door edge trim, but in the one pic you can see how the rough cut looks like crap.

View attachment 215200

View attachment 215199

View attachment 215198
Nice rig,i used adhesive I bought at AutoZone or kragen auto parts don't remember. It's a clear adhesive ran a bead under the fender between trim and plastic fender use your finger. Also ran adhesive between fender and the structural plastic where fender rest's hope that helps.

Attachments

• IMG_20160730_160443.jpg
    IMG_20160730_160443.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 356

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Nice rig,i used adhesive I bought at AutoZone or kragen auto parts don't remember. It's a clear adhesive ran a bead under the fender between trim and plastic fender use your finger. Also ran adhesive between fender and the structural plastic where fender rest's hope that helps.

Thanks. Autozone is where I bought the door edge trim. I didn't use any extra adhesive on it though, just heated up the existing glue that is inside of the door edge trim. I'll have to try something like that.

FLKEYSJK

Thanks. Autozone is where I bought the door edge trim. I didn't use any extra adhesive on it though, just heated up the existing glue that is inside of the door edge trim. I'll have to try something like that.

Just don't buy the cheap stuff from Amazon because as soon as the temps hit 90+ it starts to melt the glue and fall off.....I'm in the process of removing mine[emoji17]

tiecka533

Just don't buy the cheap stuff from Amazon because as soon as the temps hit 90+ it starts to melt the glue and fall off.....I'm in the process of removing mine[emoji17]

Live in the desert,had cut fenders since 2010 never had a problem .(gets over 110 almost every day in the summer,trim don't come loose.

FLKEYSJK

Live in the desert,had cut fenders since 2010 never had a problem .(gets over 110 almost every day in the summer,trim don't come loose.

Which brand did you buy? I bought the no name brand on Amazon and haven't had much luck with them staying on.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
The only thing I'm not happy with is this area next to the grill ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469968398.442528.jpg
I'm either going to paint it black or cut that piece off. I've seen some cut off and other that didn't. Mine isn't attached to anything for now. Thoughts anyone ?

JKU EXTREME

I saw a fender that was cut super thin and I fell in love with it, so I did it. Since I didn't have a dremel I used and angle grinder with a cutoff wheel. Hey! It worked. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469973775.685747.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469973790.829323.jpg

OneT

Just did mine the other day, very happy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 365
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 359
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 365

The Kraken

Hey guys I'm thinking about trimming my fenders. Have any of you had any issues with the stability in the fenders from the wind while driving on the highway?

caminton

Hey guys I'm thinking about trimming my fenders. Have any of you had any issues with the stability in the fenders from the wind while driving on the highway?

You're thinking too hard haha. They're attached very well with the clips. They won't come off unless you hit a tree on the trail or something

Top Bottom