JET Li - 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

JAGS

Hooked
Looks awesome! Congrats again, it’s crazy how he doesn’t look that small next to Moby.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was thinking the same thing. [emoji15] and there is something about the shot from the front that just makes the JL stance so badass. I'm really itching to get mine now.

benatc1

Hooked
I was thinking the same thing. [emoji15] and there is something about the shot from the front that just makes the JL stance so badass. I'm really itching to get mine now.

They do have a bad ass stance, excited for you to get yours too, I’m def getting one at some point but likely not this year, I’ll let you guys sort everything out first!!

JAGS

Hooked
They do have a bad ass stance, excited for you to get yours too, I’m def getting one at some point but likely not this year, I’ll let you guys sort everything out first!!

Time will fly by and when things are right, I have no doubt you'll be in a JL. [emoji106] I probably won't be doing any major mods till later this year, so I'll let the money bags work through any kinks. Ha ha.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I really am liking the JLs a lot more now that I’m seeing more pics of them. Very clean and well thought out. Welcome to the WAYALIFE family JET LI! [emoji1376]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Once again, thank you everyone. Cindy and I absolutely LOVE this new Jeep! :wings:

Wow congrats! I can't wait to see the build JET Li is going to get. But please don't put Moby out to pasture, I know he's getting out there in age but man he's still one of the best JK builds.

:cheesy: Trust me, Moby ain't going anywhere :yup:

Finally!!! Congrats! Great Name.... I think with some solid training and sparring with Moby... Jet Li will become a “Fearless” Warrior and “Rise to Honor”! [emoji1360]

:clap2: LOL - Now that was clever :thumb:

Just keep some doors on him and he'll stay quite. Lol.

LOL!! The noise ain't that bad :crazyeyes: :D

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] thanks Moby. You’re still #1 in my book. Your legend will live on.

Oh, I don't think there'll ever be a Jeep that could side step Moby or at least for us anyway. He was our very first Jeep to get built this much and be the performer that ge really is :yup:

Congratulations! It’s going to be epic to see where Jet Li goes over the next few years!

You know, they way the aftermarket industry is just picking up from where they left off on the JK, I have a feeling things are going to happen a lot faster :crazyeyes:

The JL looks like it has a great fit and finish. Attention to detail for sure. Congrats!!

Honestly, the JL really does look and feel like a luxury SUV especially when compared to a 2007 JK. :crazyeyes:

Congrats! Looking at them side by side, I don't think it's going to be too tough to get 40's under Jet Li

No joke, when you stand next to a JL Rubicon, it feels like it's been modified already. Getting up on 40's definitely won't take nearly as much work. :thumb:

Congratulations! Looks awesome. I guess somebodies gonna have to move out of the garage to make room[emoji16]

Just the garage up front. Still got room in the back :cool:

Awesome Jeep, congrats! I never would of thought that I would like the new Jl as much as I do.

Jet-li looks awesome! I’m in the same camp as jeffj. Never thought I would like it.

You need to sit in one and take it out for a test drive. You'll like it even more :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn damn damn damn damn. These have really grown on me to the point that one of these will more than likely be my next company car. These things are really that nice. Jet Li is a cool name! Can't wait to see what you do to him.

Follow us on our JL Journal and I think you want one even more :D

Very nice. Congrats on JET-LI . I thought you would of had a WAYALIFE windshield banner on him before you showed him of to us.

LOL!! We had considered it but wanted to get some pics up as is as soon as possible. Also, we might put on a JLWRANGLER decal first or instead. Still trying to decide.

Jet Li, I like the name and it fits well! Congratulations Oh’s!

Great Name!!! He’s badass!

Thanks, it literally just came to Cindy. After she said it out loud - we both knew that's what we needed to call our JL :yup:

Congrats on getting your JL. Looks really sweet. I was curious if the JL rubicons are coming with all-terrains instead of mud-terrains from the factory?

Yes, they now come with BFG KO2's.

Will you be doing a write up of it’s off-road abilities in stock form before you do any performance mods? It would be interesting to know just how good it is out of the box?

You bet! Just like we did with Moby back in the day, we will for sure wheel our JL bone stock for at least some period of time so that we can know how it does and have a reference point for the future. :yup:

Looks awesome! Congrats again, it’s crazy how he doesn’t look that small next to Moby.

Honestly, it even takes a bit more effort to get in this JL than a stock JK Rubicon. Everything about it looks and feels like its already been modded. I love it!

Congrats on the new JL! How soon until the undercarriage gets broken in?

Hey stranger! Long time no see. Hoping to get it out this week... maybe more than once :crazyeyes:

Congrats on the new JL. Are y’all thinking all Evo on this one or something totally different to make it stand out from your current lineup? If it come in Gobi I might would upgrade.

Just like we did with Moby, we'll probably run whatever we can get our hands on. :yup:

Have you made the call to dynatrac yet? Lol!

LOL!! As a matter of fact, yes we have. But, I'm not sure when the swap will occur. :crazyeyes:

Congratulations!!! Love the pics. How do you like the interior?

Honestly, the interior makes the JL Rubicon feel like a luxury SUV. Being that we spend so much time in our Jeep driving it EVERYWHERE, we absolutely LOVE all the new features and creature comforts. I'll be posting up tons of pics today. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Jet Li! Looks pretty darn good out of the box.

Honestly, Cindy and I never really liked the way the JK's looked stock. The JL looks so good as is, we literally don't have the eagerness to build it up as quickly as we did our JK's.

Congrats! Looks like a good candidate for the first JL DTD! [emoji869]

LOL!! I wish but I doubt we'll get that pleasure.

That’s awesome. I love everything about the JL. Rubicon specifically. It’s one of those vehicles that a manufacturer finally got “right”. I think it’s one of those less is more situations blending the balance between being hardcore off-road and having a vehicle you can comfortably drive cross country. Congratulations!!

Couldn't agree with you more. I honestly think that there will be a lot of people who'll buy one and run it stock. They really look and feel complete as is. :yup:

Congrats on the new edition.
Can't wait to see what you find out what you have to do with the suspension to sustain 37's on it.

Hoping we can make it work with as little as possible... 2" lift if we can :yup:

So, I gotta ask (and it may have already been asked in here so if I looked over it I apologize), but other than a Wayalife and/or JLWrangler sticker, what’s the first mod?

Take off the front bumper ends caps for sure :yup:
Aside from that, I'm not sure. Gotta see what's available.

I love it! Can you possibly take a few pics of the interior?

Sorry for not getting them up sooner. We got so consumed just driving it around that it was dark before we knew it. Took a bunch of pics yesterday and I'll get them up soon. :yup:

Congrats! It's crazy how the JK's all looked newer, it seeing it next to the JL, it looks outdated.

:cheesy: No kidding. Rubicat is a 2012 and her interior looks way more modern than Moby but the JL makes Rubicat look outdated too. :crazyeyes:

That virginity may have been lost today :yup:

LOL! Unfortunately, not yet. We spent a lot of time in the garage going over him and documenting everything we could.

I really am liking the JLs a lot more now that I’m seeing more pics of them. Very clean and well thought out. Welcome to the WAYALIFE family JET LI! [emoji1376]

Trust me, you'll be liking them even more very soon :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
Honestly, Cindy and I never really liked the way the JK's looked stock. The JL looks so good as is, we literally don't have the eagerness to build it up as

Hoping we can make it work with as little as possible... 2" lift if we can :yup:

This is good to know. I'll be able to wheel with you longer, the longer you keep Jet stock-ish. Lol.

Mel posted a pic of his 3" overland lift and 37s and it looked great too. I know you like to have lowest stance possible though.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I’ve been told the intent of the JL Rubicon was to look and perform as if it had already been modded. To make the Rubicon much more different than the Sport and Sahara. I’d say they succeeded. On the JL I think it makes more sense to start with the a Rubicon even if you plan to mod it heavily but that’s just my view. I’m sure some folks will still prefer starting with a Sport.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chris Gearhart

He is amazing! That white is amazingly brilliant. Starting to doubt my choice of color (Black).

We also chose not to find out what the sex was. The nursery garage colors will just have to be painted after it arrives.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is good to know. I'll be able to wheel with you longer, the longer you keep Jet stock-ish. Lol.

Mel posted a pic of his 3" overland lift and 37s and it looked great too. I know you like to have lowest stance possible though.

LOL!! 3" might be required if we keep our fenders intact - AND, I think we may being that we love how they look. :yup:

I’ve been told the intent of the JL Rubicon was to look and perform as if it had already been modded. To make the Rubicon much more different than the Sport and Sahara. I’d say they succeeded. On the JL I think it makes more sense to start with the a Rubicon even if you plan to mod it heavily but that’s just my view. I’m sure some folks will still prefer starting with a Sport.

I've gone down both roads in the past - started with a Rubicon on Moby back in 2007 and then tried starting with an X back in 2009. By the time we were ready to do it again, we decided to get Rubicat, our 2012 as a Rubicon. For much of the same reasons and more, starting with a Rubicon on a JL is still the way I would go as well.

We also chose not to find out what the sex was. The nursery garage colors will just have to be painted after it arrives.

:clap2: Love it! :D

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
LOL!! 3" might be required if we keep our fenders intact - AND, I think we may being that we love how they look. :yup:

You need to read the internet more. I’m telling you the moment u hit a trail the lights in the fenders will spontaneously break. That’s what all the real wheelers who have never actually wheeled one have said so it has to be right!!! Looking forward to seeing yours in the dirt!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom