10 Hour JK Ride With Young Kids

JayKay

Caught the Bug
We were riding with my brother and his kids in his tahoe last summer and I almost drove separate to have the Jeep! I've driven mine non-stop to and from CO it's not too bad. Of course I wasn't on 37's then :-D

When I suggested we take the Jeep, she said, "are you sure you wanna put those miles on it, plus you said you were gonna need tires soon". Maybe I'll get my STT Pro's sooner than I planned [emoji57], of course that wouldn't be the right thing to do since this whole dilemma is about saving money [emoji53]

When I suggested we take the Jeep, she said, "are you sure you wanna put those miles on it, plus you said you were gonna need tires soon". Maybe I'll get my STT Pro's sooner than I planned [emoji57], of course that wouldn't be the right thing to do since this whole dilemma is about saving money [emoji53]

Well then save the money on that van rental and get some new tires! I know a guy.

Dever

Did 21 hours from Portland, OR to Denver, CO two summers ago. My 8 year old (at the time) step daughter had a better time in the back than mom and I did up front. Mom "made" me order new front seats for this year's trip. :)

Kids don't weigh enough to understand how bad those back seats are.

If you worry about it now, they will never get used to the jk's very uncomfortable back seats. I've done several thousand miles in a jku with family. I've sat in the back seat for a few hundred miles and it sucks.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
If you worry about it now, they will never get used to the jk's very uncomfortable back seats. I've done several thousand miles in a jku with family. I've sat in the back seat for a few hundred miles and it sucks.
Yeah, I've never ridden in the back seat of mine accept for when we test drove it when it was brand new, my wife drove with the salesman in the passenger seat. It probably cant be any worse than the 13 hour drive to northern Minnesota we take every other year to go fishing. that 13 hours is spent in the back seat of an extended cab Dodge Ram.

Yeah, I've never ridden in the back seat of mine accept for when we test drove it when it was brand new, my wife drove with the salesman in the passenger seat. It probably cant be any worse than the 13 hour drive to northern Minnesota we take every other year to go fishing. that 13 hours is spent in the back seat of an extended cab Dodge Ram.

My wife kinda forced me! Hahaha! The rear bench is definitely an upgrade I NEED to do if we take the Jeep for summer vacation.

BamBamDeer

My girls were 11 and 5 when I bought my 2011. They Both loved it...especially with the top off. Sunscreen is a must.

With smaller kids I am sure it will be tougher...and you will probably want to keep the too on. When our friends kids go with us now they like it because even in their car seats they can see out the window better than their minivan.

Top Bottom