10Th Anniversary Power Dome Hood

WJCO

Meme King
Hood came out great. Don't worry about the paint. It's a Jeep not a Rolls Royce. If you can't see it, it's all good.

Ddays

Hooked
That's my next mod. Looks amazing!!!!!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm really happy with it. totally changes the looks of the front end.

hood looks nice, what was your total investment - they had to straighten it out?

Hood $600, Paint $795 including the extra work so $1400. Yeah, there were a bunch of high & low spots along both sides and rear edge of the hood. They really stood out when they sanded it.
I'll post the pics the shop took for me when they send them tomorrow.

Hood came out great. Don't worry about the paint. It's a Jeep not a Rolls Royce. If you can't see it, it's all good.

Thanks and yes, on a Jeep that's going to be used, I can live with the results, which are really nice. On a restored muscle car or such, no, I would look elsewhere or buy a factory part. I'm not doing this as an investment. I'm doing it to be able to wheel it hard and enjoy the hell out of it!

Ddays

Hooked
So I just got these photos forwarded to me by the bodyshop that painted my hood. These are all taken after hitting the hood with a DA & finding all of the high & low spots. As I said in previous posts, I would still buy this hood but wished I had known that I needed to budget a couple extra hours of prep time in the estimate. If you're thinking about getting this hood make sure you do!

Photo_15.jpg

Photo_16.jpg

Photo_18.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
God damn !

Right???? That's out of the box. I told them to go ahead & proceed but I didn't want ANY body filler in that hood. That shit NEVER lasts around here.

On another note: Hey COOP you out there anywhere? He got one of these too....how was yours or are you still in process??

Top Bottom