15 Anvil JKUR HR Build

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Got started on installing the PSC crusher corners tonight. Really happy with the fit. They really hug the factory body lines.

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

I still have to cut the reverse light holes and clear coat the bare metal edges. I'm dropping the corners off at the powder coater tomorrow so I'll have a couple days to finish up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
It has begun! Got the original axle out yesterday and everything swapped over. Didn't get a pic but I was impressed at how much larger the 35 spline shafts are over stock. Of course it's still the same u-joint, but still.

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

Finished everything up this morning except still have to run the air line. She's a beaut Clark.

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

Having the caster back made a huge difference. I forgot what it was like before it wandered all over. I also installed new UCA's so I could fine tune everything.

IMG_1456.jpg

The only issue I've had so far is the larger housing doesn't clear my JCR skid plate anymore. So I'm in the market for a new skid now if anyone has suggestions on what you're running with your PR44.

IMG_1448.jpg

So my pile of parts in the garage is a little smaller now. Just have a PSC XD box and synergy drag link left to install. :rock:

WJCO

Meme King
Looks good. Any way you could grind the skid to accommodate the new axle without affecting the protection coverage?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Looks good. Any way you could grind the skid to accommodate the new axle without affecting the protection coverage?

No, the tight spot is on the corner where the bracket attaches. I mean, it's possible but I'd have to modify the bracket and skid both and figure out how to attach the two. Just don't really want to spend the time to do it. Haha

rl206

I can't wait until I can afford new front end! Is it all its cracked up to be?
Didn't look too hard but, what are you doing w/ the stock front

Little random, but what winch mount did you end up going w/ for your Smitty. I can't remember which ones are off-centered and what ones aren't.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

Little random, but what winch mount did you end up going w/ for your Smitty. I can't remember which ones are off-centered and what ones aren't.

It's badass. When you put them side by side it really shows. I sold the stock front.
I'm using the Maximus 3 mount. I think they have two but can let you know which one you need for your winch.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

Here's the part number and description from my invoice.

IMG_1873.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Well the cheap amazon LED pods kind of bit me in the ass. I was installing 8 of these Nilight flood pods as rock lights. My dumb ass decided to solder them all in instead of buying plugs otherwise this wouldn’t have been much of an inconvenience. Well when I went to turn them on I had a pretty solid ground. Traced it down to one light. Opened it up to check it out and found the wiring was all smashed and melted together. Amazon is sending out replacements but still sucks. I was rather impressed with the sealing and gasket material for such a cheap light. The remaining 7 are all working fine. I’ll post pics this week if I get it all finished up. Here’s the wiring issue I found in the defective light.

IMG_2368.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I also just realized I haven’t really kept up on this build thread. Although not a whole lot has been done I’ll just summarize quickly. I installed the PSC XD box. Not too impressed and will probably go hydro-assist in the future. Installed a synergy drag link. That gives me a little more peace of mind now that the weak factory clamp is gone. Also installed a full EVO skid setup. They do the trick but I’ve already bent the crossmember skid up into the exhaust and now need to pull it to straighten it out. To be fair though it was during a hard couple days on the Rubicon and Fordyce. If it happens again I’ll be looking for a way to strengthen that particular section. And also installed the EVO Evan skid. I haven’t put so much as a scratch on that but it gives me less worry having it. I think that’s pretty much it.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I also just realized I haven’t really kept up on this build thread. Although not a whole lot has been done I’ll just summarize quickly. I installed the PSC XD box. Not too impressed and will probably go hydro-assist in the future. Installed a synergy drag link. That gives me a little more peace of mind now that the weak factory clamp is gone. Also installed a full EVO skid setup. They do the trick but I’ve already bent the crossmember skid up into the exhaust and now need to pull it to straighten it out. To be fair though it was during a hard couple days on the Rubicon and Fordyce. If it happens again I’ll be looking for a way to strengthen that particular section. And also installed the EVO Evan skid. I haven’t put so much as a scratch on that but it gives me less worry having it. I think that’s pretty much it.

What don’t you like about the big bore?

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Just not too impressed with the turning power when locked up in the rocks. I’m not sure if the XD-II is any different. I may be able to get a little more out of it with an aftermarket pump as well. Just figure I’ll go hydro assist and not have to worry about lack of turning force.

So it pretty much feels the same? Looks like I’ll go hydro with a tapped Big bore

Top Bottom