'15 JKUR Steering Wandering After Lift - Skid Control Light in Turns

Spudcannons

I had the same issue. do you have any play in you steering wheel before the wheels move? This was causing my jeep to thing it was slipping when I was going more or less straight.

USMCvet

Banned
Just finished my hydro assist and it is weird getting used to, it doesn't have that pull back to center like your used to but otherwise its great.

I had one in my Scout II that I built. They are kind of weird, but they do the job.

USMCvet

Banned
I had the same issue. do you have any play in you steering wheel before the wheels move? This was causing my jeep to thing it was slipping when I was going more or less straight.

That's exactly what was going on. So, after the Currie drag link and tie rod install, all is good. I did NOT do the drag link flip. I installed it back in the original position and centered the steering wheel by figuring out true center - Read back through this thread. I'm selling the MC stuff so someone can have a spare or put a different set of ends on them. I'm just done with that company and their terrible customer service.

upnover

That's exactly what was going on. So, after the Currie drag link and tie rod install, all is good. I did NOT do the drag link flip. I installed it back in the original position and centered the steering wheel by figuring out true center - Read back through this thread. I'm selling the MC stuff so someone can have a spare or put a different set of ends on them. I'm just done with that company and their terrible customer service.

Did you get a new knuckle? How did you install it after drilling out the knuckle for the drag ling flip that you ran before?

USMCvet

Banned
Glad you got this fixed.

You can do the flip with the Currie drag link too. I'm only running 3.5" of lift but really only net about 3" so I opted to return everything to the original location and that eliminated the steering slop, skid control issues, and slow to react steering.

If you have done the flip, just get one of the properly sized sleeves (I think they run about $10) that is if you're going to go with the Currie tie rod and drag link.

gary2

I had similar steering issues on my 12 JK. It just went where it wanted feeling like their was a lot of play but nothing showed doing the dry steering test. I first swapped out the track bar with a Teraflex once I had seen how easily the OE bar flexed. That took out some of the play . I did a slight steering box adjustment ,it was a very minor adjustment . I have a 2.5" AEV with the Geo brackets . I moved the upper control arms to the 3.5" location to add approx. a degree of caster . After giving it some more thought I went back to what I have learned with my TJ to tighten up the steering. After experimenting with Clevite , all JJs and then all Mc control arm joints/bushings then I replaced only the lower fronts with Johnny Joints to keep the front axle locked in place much tighter than any of the other rubber type bushings . As it did on the TJ , the steering is as nice as you could ever want. On the TJ I run Johnny joints in the lower fronts and Metalcloak on the other control arms, Currie steering and Mc track bar. The Currie lower control arms on the JK did more for the steering than the track bar, steering adjustment or the track bar did combined .

Edit: Just noticed a bad end on the draglink only 29,000 miles. New Synergy draglink is on its way .

Last edited:
Top Bottom